DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2024 OFFSEASON

Cobra Commander

• RIPPA pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Tom Allen out at Indiana

Allen and Indiana agreed to a $15.5 million buyout

His original buy out was $20.8 million. However with this agreement - the agreement will not be offset by future earnings

looking at Wikipedia and here's the list of various coaching openings:

Michigan State, Texas A&M, Boise State, Mississippi State, Syracuse and Oregon State opened up during the season. Some of these were more noted than others. Oregon State's HC goes to Michigan State.

The end of season moves have been: Brady Hoke retiring at San Diego State, and also New Mexico fired their head coach to go along with Indiana/Houston/UTEP.

At least Elko makes sense, if it's really him.  Knows the place and half the players.  Younger coach and probably won't have an insane contract.  Might actually try to run modern schemes on both sides of the ball.  Maybe he doesn't work out, but at least he has a shot.

Stoops made no sense at all.  Why pay $75 million to fire Jimbo, then hire his clone?  We'd have ended up paying both of em not to coach in a few years.  And Stoops would've been at $10 million per year.

I'd love to know what really happened last night, but I doubt the truth ever comes out.  My willingness to believe anything said on the subject is inversely proportional to how convinced the person saying it is that they're right.  Craziest story I saw was the board of regents agreed on a target, but Bjork went rogue and tried to hire Stoops on his own.  Figure I can rule that one out, as Bjork hasn't been fired.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Robert C said:

At least Elko makes sense, if it's really him.  Knows the place and half the players.  Younger coach and probably won't have an insane contract.  Might actually try to run modern schemes on both sides of the ball.  Maybe he doesn't work out, but at least he has a shot.

Stoops made no sense at all.  Why pay $75 million to fire Jimbo, then hire his clone?  We'd have ended up paying both of em not to coach in a few years.  And Stoops would've been at $10 million per year.

I'd love to know what really happened last night, but I doubt the truth ever comes out.  My willingness to believe anything said on the subject is inversely proportional to how convinced the person saying it is that they're right.  Craziest story I saw was the board of regents agreed on a target, but Bjork went rogue and tried to hire Stoops on his own.  Figure I can rule that one out, as Bjork hasn't been fired.  

Seen several different people say that Bjork did basically go rogue with a small faction of donors. So it’s possible he just hasn’t been fired yet.

Elko’s success will depend on his OC hire. But he’ll be keeping on the bagman/DL coach (supposedly a condition for any hire).

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Tom Allen out at Indiana

And oh boy does it seem like Bloomington is shooting their shot. 

Per Bruce Feldman, IU's exploring bringing in Jon Gruden.   👀

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And oh boy does it seem like Bloomington is shooting their shot. 

Per Bruce Feldman, IU's exploring bringing in Jon Gruden.   👀

Yeah, it's more likely that they hire ME. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wonder if Delaware will be made to adjust their helmet design? For those who don't know, they have helmets identical to Michigan except a slightly lighter shade of blue. 

30 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Middle Tennessee State has fired Rick Stockstill.

Stockstill had the 4th longest tenure in FBS at 18 seasons.

Only folks with longer tenures

• Iowa's Kirk Ferentz
  • Utah's Kyle Whittingham
  • Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

For a minute today I thought the Carolina Panthers had beaten them to the punch and hired you.

Oh, my friends had a good time with that today. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Colorado has now had their top QB recruits in both the 2024 and 2025 class decommit in the last 48 hours

Turns out awful coaching that includes never blocking for your quarterback is bad for recruiting quarterbacks. 

• Like 1