DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

42 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Hmmmm

Does Mike Evans understand how the trade deadline works? He can't come get him now and he's a FA next year so he could have just called him on the phone like a normal person once the season ended. Not like the Bucs are going to tag him. Football players are weird.

If (and that is a big IF) Tommy DeVito starts for the Giants this upcoming weekend - he will be the 10th rookie QB to start which will set the NFL record for most in a season

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I get why people were concerned he might be another OSU/Ryan Day system QB

You'll notice how I phrased my comment 🙂

I wasn't fully sold on Stroud for the reasons you mentioned. Just that he's not 5'3" like Bryce and seemed like a better prospect. And had impressed me against Michigan even in losing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tabe said:

You'll notice how I phrased my comment 🙂

I wasn't fully sold on Stroud for the reasons you mentioned. Just that he's not 5'3" like Bryce and seemed like a better prospect. And had impressed me against Michigan even in losing. 

I thought the fact that Bryce was doing so well even with Bill O'Brien as his OC was a sign that his size was irrelevant. 

CJ was also much more of a passer than the previous recent Ohio quarterbacks. In fact, I'm pretty sure Day specifically coached him not to run because he knew they were fucked if CJ went down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I thought the fact that Bryce was doing so well even with Bill O'Brien as his OC was a sign that his size was irrelevant. 

You might be right - it was just a point in Young's favor in that comparison. 

Zach Wilson, who I’ve made valid excuses for, is trash tonight. I will make another excuse still. He’s trash but his OL is the maggot wad that eats the trash and grows. 

I know he should have stepped up on those last 2 sacks but that’s 1 reason why you have 3 TEs on an OL, so the quarterback can plant his foot and throw it. And with 3 TEs they can’t even hold up. 

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I've seen a lot of bad football games in primetime slots, a lot worse than this one.

But this is one of the single most boring games I've seen in recent memory.

I know the Charges have good players,  but I also know that none of them seem to ever play well at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1