DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK SEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

On one hand, it feels like the winner of this Oregon/Washington game should really jump into the top five.

On the other, of the top five, #1 won by 17 points, #2 by 45, #3 by 34, #4 by 31, while #5 had a bye and are coming off arguably the biggest win anybody has had so far this year. And #6 is currently up by 28.

17 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Stanford's only lead of the game was at the end & they came back from down 29-0. 

Colorado’s more hype than substance at this point, but I will be surprised if Deion doesn’t keep recruiting “dawgs” (his word) and build a world beater a few years from now. He’s tapping into something and kids are going to keep showing up to play from him.

Assuming he stays in Colorado, of course.  I’m less certain about that.  

Oregon went for it on fourth down three times.

Twice in chip shot field goal range trailing 22-18 and 29-18. Then once near midfield leading 33-29 with a little over a minute and a half to play.

They got stopped on all three and lost 36-33 when they missed a longer last second field goal.

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is kinda how I figured this game would go. USC hasn’t even faced a defense this season and aside from one game, ND’s defense has been good. Tonight they’re just dominating.

Meanwhile Louisville just got ran over by Pitt.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Damn. Just an absolute beating. I mean, it's not surprising or anything and I think even Vegas seemed to see some of this coming, but not to this extent. Even if USC finishes with 1 loss, I can't see them getting into the playoff. They'll get drummed out so fast and they're nowhere near the level of Michigan, tOSU, UGA, or even Penn State.

3 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Colorado’s more hype than substance at this point, but I will be surprised if Deion doesn’t keep recruiting “dawgs” (his word) and build a world beater a few years from now. He’s tapping into something and kids are going to keep showing up to play from him.

Deion in his post-game while taking blame also threw his players under the bus by questioning their love of football. Try to imagine Nick Saban saying something like this:

What I just said in the locker room to the seam is they got to make up in their mind, are they in love with this game o are they in like with it. Because when you love something you give to it unconditionally. You give everything you got to but when you like it, that’s just a button you push. It lights up and like that’s what they do on social media. So we got to figure out, do they love it or they like it? And it’s hard for me because I love this. I love it. Without a shadow of a doubt, I am truly 100% in love with this thing. And I just want people to match me, just match my passion, match my heart, match my love, match my consistency, match my mannerisms, just match every darn thing I give to this game. I love this.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Damn. Just an absolute beating. I mean, it's not surprising or anything and I think even Vegas seemed to see some of this coming, but not to this extent. Even if USC finishes with 1 loss, I can't see them getting into the playoff. They'll get drummed out so fast and they're nowhere near the level of Michigan, tOSU, UGA, or even Penn State.

I thought ND had a great shot to win, especially at home, but I didn't see "Caleb Williams has the worst game of his collegiate career" coming at all. I thought ND could win the easy Utah and Tulane did last year, just forcing the Trojans to make tackles.

3 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

I think he stays just long enough for his sons to graduate, because I believe they would have to sit out a year if they transferred again.

But I can't imagine him there any longer than that. He's gonna get a big time high profile job somewhere.

• Like 3

Michigan has scored 30+ and allowed 10 or fewer in all 7 games, just the fourth team since 1936 to do that in 7 straight games. Yeah, the competition has been weak but that's still impressive. 

More impressive is they haven't allowed a single snap inside their own 10 all year. 

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Iowa continues to dominate, winning 15-6 over Wisconsin while getting an amazing 19 total yards from their quarterback. 

When these Pac 12 teams hit the Big 10, it is going to feel like the invention of color TV for teams like Iowa and Wisconsin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tabe said:

Michigan has scored 30+ and allowed 10 or fewer in all 7 games, just the fourth team since 1936 to do that in 7 straight games. Yeah, the competition has been weak but that's still impressive. 

More impressive is they haven't allowed a single snap inside their own 10 all year. 

With the schedule they have played that shouldn’t be surprising.