DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K23

Kevin Wilson

Aw shit here we go again.

A thread for all fantasy related discussion! For the paid DVDVR League, I just renewed it so you should have gotten an email. I can't do my usual "welcome" message as they took away the message board and the "Live Chat" doesn't work. But the only change for the league is what I mentioned last year - I took away a bench spot so we are back to the roster sizes we were before the pandemic. IR spot remains, no other changes.

If you played last year and don't want to this year, just let me know and I'll remove you/find a replacement.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I send so many emails and its in the league notes, just sign in to yahoo smh also update your email in yahoo if its not right as sometimes that is the easiest way to reach out to/fuss at people.

More importantly, I haven't heard from "Big Z" aka Matt (I think) and he hasn't logged into DVDVR since last October, so I don't know if he is still around or not. So I may need a replacement, I'm going to give him another week but if anyone currently not in the league may be interested let me know just so I have a backup. $25 is the amount to play, just to keep people honest 🙂

34 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I send so many emails and its in the league notes, just sign in to yahoo smh also update your email in yahoo if its not right as sometimes that is the easiest way to reach out to/fuss at people.

More importantly, I haven't heard from "Big Z" aka Matt (I think) and he hasn't logged into DVDVR since last October, so I don't know if he is still around or not. So I may need a replacement, I'm going to give him another week but if anyone currently not in the league may be interested let me know just so I have a backup. $25 is the amount to play, just to keep people honest 🙂

I am willing and ready. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'll send it out today. EDIT-its sent. . .

Edited by Kuetsar

50 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Elsalvajeloco is on my bad list still since I have the memory of an elephant but I'd be willing to give him another chance if Matt is not coming back.

COME ON...I'VE CHANGED!*

*That itself is subject to change

I'm down to play if there's an opening, but El responded first so I'll defer to him. I could use the distraction though, given the impending job loss unless I find another role within my company. 

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

When's the draft? 

I think Kevin is gonna come to your house and punch you

It is on the league page already

Tuesday, Sept 5, 7 PM EST

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think Kevin is gonna come to your house and punch you

It is on the league page already

Tuesday, Sept 5, 7 PM EST

Oops. . . .Plus I can't sign into Yahoo right now(during the day anyway) because Yahoo is stupid.

Edited by Kuetsar

I always have the draft the same day (the Tuesday before the first game) and late-ish but not so late it runs into Phil's bedtime. I just like to be consistent, plus we learned in the early years its impossible to find a time that all 12 people think is perfect. One year the draft was when I was working myself but I still kept it there as it didn't seem fair to change the draft time just for my own benefit (I probably still won that year anyway).

On the plus side, the auto-draft is sooo much better now then it was in the old days. In my job's ESPN league, the one team that autodrafted has one of the best teams in the league. So while I know we all prefer to be at the draft, its not the "kiss of death" it used to be to miss it. But I hope everyone can be there!

49 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I always have the draft the same day (the Tuesday before the first game) and late-ish but not so late it runs into Phil's bedtime. I just like to be consistent, plus we learned in the early years its impossible to find a time that all 12 people think is perfect. One year the draft was when I was working myself but I still kept it there as it didn't seem fair to change the draft time just for my own benefit (I probably still won that year anyway).

On the plus side, the auto-draft is sooo much better now then it was in the old days. In my job's ESPN league, the one team that autodrafted has one of the best teams in the league. So while I know we all prefer to be at the draft, its not the "kiss of death" it used to be to miss it. But I hope everyone can be there!

Fair enough. I just forgot. 

Wouldn't really be fair to change the draft time four days before the draft, if people logged in a month ago when the league was created and asked then, it would have given me time to give everyone enough heads up about the change. Just food for thought for next year 🙂