DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I watched Kylie vs Yamashita when I came in for ZSJ vs Makabe and I had not seen much Kylie and have some questions now so this will be illuminating. Also a big fan of Mercedes but I'll talk about that. Will catch it over the next few days. Thanks.
  3. It’s working out pretty well for them, since every currently available Fallout game is experiencing either its all-time player count or just more active than they’ve been in years. It’ll be real shitty if the next-gen update wipes progress and makes you start a new game, though. Apparently that’s what happened with Skyrim and the Anniversary edition.
  4. Today
  5. What the hell airlines are you flying on?
  6. Another match added to All Together: Hiromu/YAMATO/Tetsuya Endo/Alpha Wolf/Dragon Bane vs Desperado/HAYATA/Ninja Mack/Kota Minoura/MAO.
  7. I'd go: 1. Bryan Danielson vs. Will Ospreay. AEW Dynasty, 21st April 2024. *****. 2. Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr. NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka. 11th February 2024. *****. 3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Bryan Danielson. NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18, 4th January 2024. *****. 4. Bryan Danielson vs. Katsuyori Shibata. AEW Collison, 16th March 2024. Might switch Danielson/Ospreay with Danielson/Sabre Jr. I definitely preferred Danielson/ZSJ from AEW WrestleDream, 1st October 2023. ***** to their rematch. Still need to see Bryan Danielson vs. Blue Panther. What show was it on please?
  8. X-Men characters are rumored to be in the next season of What If, so it makes sense. I think Storm specifically, if I’m remembering right?
  9. days late, but this is the second PPV in a row I didn’t buy because I’ve been down on AEW for a bit. But they hooked me back in with pulling the trigger on Swerve. I was scared they wouldn’t, but then I remembered what company this was. I don’t feel like Ospreay/Danielson is the best match I’ve ever seen, but it’s way wayyyy up there on the list. Danielson is obviously one of the GOATs, but it’s really incredible how far Ospreay has come when he was a junior. Ospreay/Swerve is going to hit like fucking CRACK if they do it at All In. Only other things I have to add: the Jericho match wasn’t the worst in company history, or even close. It wasn’t great or anything, but let’s not lie to ourselves here. And we also can’t ignore the fact that HOOK just… isn’t that great, honestly. He needs NXT, or something like it. Working double digit TV matches a year isn’t going to get him where he needs to be, IMO. Jericho sucks, and this whole meta “Punk was like this backstage” gimmick is fucking stupid. It’s one of the things bringing me down on AEW - now that the bad man is gone, they start doing stuff they should’ve been doing a long time ago (Bucks & Hangman going heel are the main culprits). Toni at the presser saying if you want to watch cinema go watch a fucking movie is how I feel about WWE right now. They’ve only got my attention because of Punk and a few other things, but this over reliance on “omg this is cinema” and stupid shit like that clouds fan perception of what’s really going on.
  10. "Fouls were missed. Time-outs were ignored. It happens. Hey, MSG was rocking!"
  11. It's from a google translate of this article (or at least one of the versions of this article - stories get aggregated a lot in Japan): https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/299962 Since it's in the press, it's probably being done in character, maybe setting something up for later.
  12. And the NBA last two minute report basically said "yup the Sixers got completely fucked. Oh well, time for game 3."
  13. @Matt D Appreciate the burner account, that makes things easier for me. I’ve got this weekend off so plenty of time between now and next weekend to watch that. For you, I’ve got… more indie women’s wrestling. But from a few years ago. It’s Mercedes Martinez and Kylie Rae in a no ropes submission match. I’ve always been a big supporter of Mercedes - criminally underrated in the larger women’s scene anlongside the previously watched Nicole Matthews - and Kylie Rae is one of those What If questions for early AEW. Again, not sure of what I’m supposed to be giving you every month since you’re more cultured than I am, but I figure somewhat current indie women’s wrestling might be a small blindspot for you.
  14. Custody of Chuck Taylor segment and Willow's Championship celebration featuring Stat' this week. Could be an emotional night. Worst friends incoming?
  15. OMG, what a F'n PPV, once again! A few things aside the matches: - The crowd was amazing! They seemed appropriately appreciative of pretty much everything and weren't completely "let's make this about us", which was awesome. They were super into Strong vs O'Reilly and even gave heat to Jericho. Go away heat, but heat nonetheless. If Jericho can get "Learning Tree" over, then he truly is one of the greatest. I have to say, I have my doubts about that one. - The match placement was stellar. Start with 2 exciting, big matches, then get all of the "undercard material" out of the way and finish off with 3 mega matches at the end. Still sounded like the crowd WASN'T even blown out by the end of it! Ospreay vs Danielson lived up to the expectations and then some. So many amazing things. The ending was absolutely phenomenal. The ladder match ended up being wonderful and Jungle Turd returning made the All In footage way more logical in retrospect. Good call. Big day for Swerve. This was definitely the way to go, he could not lose another big one. So, Malakai vs Copeland, instead of Brody vs Copeland? C'mon, Adam, face all 3 of them in separate matches, yeah? Jay White gets his revenge on Billy Gunn and unifies the titles, another right call. Adam Cole walks! I feel bad for Willow if she's just keeping the title warm for Mone. Let's see where it goes. It was probably Statlander who attacked Mone in the dark, right? It will be interesting to see, who goes after The Timeless One next? She solidified her title reign with this win. I watches this in two portions, including the zero hour and this was worth more than what I paid for it, so it ended up being a bargain!
  16. This is one that I don't think I can watch again. It's just too heartbreaking. I can't believe how beautiful was, and how talented, because I haven't seen much really, so to have it end like that... And fuck Eric Bischoff forever. All the money in the world. No rehab, no surgery, no nothing. Right out on her ass. Fuuuuuuck YOU.
  17. I appreciate you writin' this. Thank you. I dug the match on first watch, but I'm totally going to watch it again. At first, I was kinda put off by Will's selling of the ribs, and felt that the Tiger Suplex off the top, while not brushed off or no sold at all, wasn't really given satisfactory weight by Will. From what I've seen Ospreay, it really does seem that nothing gets in the way of him performing his offense, so I could chalk it up to Will being Will. There may be something I'm missing here, and it's definitely worth watching the match again to see how I feel. That said, this could've been Danielson's version of a Will Ospreay match, but he really did a take a different approach than what I was expecting. I really didn't think he would take as much of the match as he did. It's a really, really cool contrast to the Hechicero match, where Danielson spent much of it on the back foot. I absolutely loved his end of this match. I didn't even consider the crowd while I was watching it. Maybe I'll give watching it on mute a shot. Great call on the standoff finish, too. If I were to rank Danielson's matches this year, I think I'd have to line it up as such: 1. vs ZSJ 2. vs Hechicero (My favorite match this year.) 3. vs Blue Panther (I'd feel comfortable putting this #1. It's a goddamn love letter to professional wrestling.) 4. vs. Ospreay We'll see if I still feel that way after a rewatch. Regardless, that's a fucking murderer's row.
  18. Women's title match was great. All three busted out some nice action with Roxanne and Tatum having some good character moments along the way. Lyra being pissed trying to take on both was kind of neat to see though once again it felt like she was the one the crowd was least interested in. Glad Roxanne retained. I'm curious to see where things with Tatum go after this. She is a face as far as the crowd is concerned so it would be interesting to see her pushed more for the belt or the incoming NA title. The Family vs. NQCC was good. I especially dug that first third that was pretty rough and felt like guys really trying to beat the crap out of each other. Hopefully we get Tony vs. Dempsey for the Cup soon. Fallon/Jaida was surprising solid and probably Jaida's best showing so far though I'm not sure how much of that is on her vs. Fallon. The Nattie/Lola contract signing was better than expected. Dug the trash talk, and I like Shayna as Lola's training partner. I really hope after the Draft Nattie sticks around NXT. She is far more over here than the main roster and could be valuable as a player/coach. Sol/Blair was a solid plunder match with some neats moments. Disappointed Blair lost, but it was also probably the right decision with how fast Sol is growing. Sol should either be the first NA Women's champ or challenging for the main women's title by the end of Fall. Corbin/King was fine but felt rather tacked on. Probably could have waited until next week. Trick/Ilja was damn good as expected though admittedly not the war they had back in February. Dug how they built the matchup over the night, including having so many former NXT talent show up. It sold it all the more as such a big moment. Not the best special but still good with some solid segments and standout matches in the 6-man tag and both title matches. Will be interesting to see how well Part 2 can hold up next week.
  19. I thought Bloodsport was work-shoot, not shoot-shoot
  20. Congrats to the new champions from this weekend. Especially that up and coming Chris "The Learning Tree" Jericho. I'm assuming he'll come out dressed in various foliage for this particular personality. Oh right, Swerve's champ. Double or Nothing is in 4 weeks! LFG!
  21. didn't see the first 13 minutes of the Sherri episode.. what I did see was an interesting divide between the episode's narrative and the timeline was sorta loose, but probably not incorrect. Eric Bischoff was sorta just there to say that he had no idea why Sherri was available and then he fired her later on for drugs her son looked in rough shape. I guess cancer/oral cancer can cause all that and if they hadn't mentioned cancer, I would have just concluded he spent a bunch of time using crystal meth or something similar it feels like this episode just bumped the timeline forward for the question of "when did wrestlers start using somas" since that always seemed like a mid-90s thing and Cornette is telling stories referencing that with Sherri in 1993 In a way, she kinda arrived 10 years too soon. Well, at least 10 years, if not more. notes from the first 13 minutes: Jake Roberts is a mix of sounding like he's sincere and telling the truth but a lot of his stories about other people are essentially about himself I guess Sherri being billed from New Orleans makes more sense now. Her ex-husband from Louisiana has a very very Louisiana accent. There's not one southern accent, obviously, and you can tell the difference between places if you know it. The last name Gonzales from Louisiana does sorta suggest "Isleno" (descendent of people from the Canary Islands off of Spain who ended up in Louisiana when it was ruled by Spain). If you saw the last name and didn't know which kind of Hispanic it could have been. That ex-husband really came off like a guy who tried to bribe Edwin Edwards to get a favor. Meanwhile to the people who didn't see the Grizz episode, the "Sherri was a little old for Grizzly Smith" thing might have flown over some of their heads. By this point in DSOTR, there's almost a universe of episodes where one references one from a few years ago.
  22. Capcom Fighting Evolution was met with mixed reactions when it came out, but I like it. It's alright. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was the better game, shame no sequel. I can't find the disc, I might have to buy it again.
  23. "Have some candy, Book." Man, I'm used to Booker wilding out but I think this is the first time I've seen Vic get this cranky as a result. Fun show. Probably the right choices on both title matches. I hope Corbin goes back on the road after this and that he's able to be as good as he has been during his year of being sent down. NQCC needs a new fourth member; make it a woman if you want to bounce them off OTM and the Family for a while or pick another dude.
  1. Load more activity