DVDVR Message Board

Wrestler of the Day: LIONESS ASUKA

RIPPA

I knew I was going to do Lioness sooner rather than later because when folks a couple of weeks ago were talking about greatest Survivor Series teams and totally ignored two teams.

Bertha Faye, Aja Kong, Tomoko Watanabe, & Lioness Asuka vs. Alundra Blayze, Kyoko Inoue, Sakie Hasegawa, & Chaparita Asari

There is a whole lotta random folks to appear on a WWE PPV there (and man does Bertha Faye stick out like a sore thumb in that match).

Anyway... God do I love Lioness.

Basically watch this (and then a zillion other matches)

Folks need to remember the truly awesome matches in J'd versus Kyoko Inoue.  I may need to rewatch those if they are on the internet.

Well there is at least this on Youtube

I just don't know how you will get paste all the Lioness either tagging with or against Jaguar matches that are on the internet

Somewhere on Earth-72 Vince didn't back out of Alundra Blayze v. Aja Kong at Royal Rumble.

James

Is that what happened?  I always thought it was odd how that program just sorta stopped and then Madusa was back in WCW.

There is a whole lotta random folks to appear on a WWE PPV there

Madusa had the previous AJW ties so always lobied to have them brought over to work with her after that in WWF & in her 2nd WCW run. 

Aja was the top star at the time so makes sense and her & Madusa had feuded then later teamed years prior so that makes sense.

Lioness had come over to the WWF for a short tour in the 80's so the company was previously familiar with her and Madusa had worked with her a lot too when she was in Japan. They even wrestled once for the 3WA title with Nick Bockwinkle as special ref.

The rest I have no clue how or why they were chosen (above any of the other AJW stars) 

(and man does Bertha Faye stick out like a sore thumb in that match). 

In what way?

(and man does Bertha Faye stick out like a sore thumb in that match). 

In what way?

Well more in the she clearly was becoming frustrated with the WWE and her role and clearly was just in the "collecting a paycheck" mode

Plus having to do the goofy Faye gimmick in that match didn't help. It probably killed her that she couldn't go full on Monster Ripper mode for at least that one instance.