Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread


Noah Mark
 Share

Recommended Posts

BIG LUCHA is my favorite Lucha promotion and they streamed a whole card.  It has BLACK GENERATION, Ricky Marvin vs Arez, Bandido versus Galeno del Mal, and then Ricky Marvin versus Bandido.  I heart Big Lucha!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nofuture said:

Their first singles match ever apparently.

That was fun.  Asuka doing the chicken dance is going to become a staple of this feud, hopefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Watched TJPW Go Girl 3, lotta fast fun matches and the women in the crowd liked the gimmicky or character based women the most.

TJPW will go to the next level 

 

TJPW making it a ladies only crowd is strange since TJPW is for dudes and DDT is for the ladies.  Japan is a foreign country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

TJPW making it a ladies only crowd is strange since TJPW is for dudes and DDT is for the ladies.  Japan is a foreign country.

They want more women fans. Women are the world's most powerful consumers, and more likely to buy things.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is odd.  Mat Fitchett, who I don't think I've ever seen before, defends his AAW title against MANDERS during an IMPACT! taping in an IMPACT! ring.  It's good.

=========================

IT's ACH!  He's not in MLW here so he isn't automatically putting some chump over.  I've never seen Kenny Alfonso before but he will lay it in.

===========================

Skye Smitson is a UK indie wrestler.  Laura DiMatteo is the best wrestler from Italy- as I can't recall anyone else out of Italy.  This is good.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The women's hardcore/deathmatch group Prominence held their latest show yesterday & for some reason their stuff is showing up on some random Youtube channel so here's some matches from it (that I haven't seen yet)
This was the opening match, Risa Sera vs Risa Fera. Fera is a rookie for some micro-indy that runs shows in the Ice Ribbon Dojo apparently (I'm going by the tiny bit of information I could find on Reddit) & Risa Sera has decided to allow her to gain experience on Prominence shows until she graduates university.

Next up is a hardcore intergender tag with Hiragi Kurumi & The Psychopath Boy Toshiyuki Sakuda (he of sticking skewers through your cheeks) against Risa Sera & FREEDOMS' deathmatch luchadore Violento Jack

Finally we have the main event, a deathmatch with The Violent Prodigy, one of the craziest teenagers in the world, Suzu Suzuki, facing off with the KING of FREEDOMS Title holder Daisuke Masaoka. This is not the same Suzu Suzuki you may have seen in this year's Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix, she wants to prove that Rina Yamashita is not the only woman who can hang with the top male deathmatch wrestlers (in fairness, she did that already in singles matches with guys like Masashi Takeda)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

The women's hardcore/deathmatch group Prominence held their latest show yesterday & for some reason their stuff is showing up on some random Youtube channel so here's some matches from it (that I haven't seen yet)
This was the opening match, Risa Sera vs Risa Fera. Fera is a rookie for some micro-indy that runs shows in the Ice Ribbon Dojo apparently (I'm going by the tiny bit of information I could find on Reddit) & Risa Sera has decided to allow her to gain experience on Prominence shows until she graduates university.

Next up is a hardcore intergender tag with Hiragi Kurumi & The Psychopath Boy Toshiyuki Sakuda (he of sticking skewers through your cheeks) against Risa Sera & FREEDOMS' deathmatch luchadore Violento Jack

Finally we have the main event, a deathmatch with The Violent Prodigy, one of the craziest teenagers in the world, Suzu Suzuki, facing off with the KING of FREEDOMS Title holder Daisuke Masaoka. This is not the same Suzu Suzuki you may have seen in this year's Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix, she wants to prove that Rina Yamashita is not the only woman who can hang with the top male deathmatch wrestlers (in fairness, she did that already in singles matches with guys like Masashi Takeda)

 

I was coming here to post this!  Suzu Suzuki is a total fucking lunatic.  That match is insane. The craziest spot in any of those matches is Violent Jack hitting a full on Senton off the top rope onto 22 year old prodigy, Hiragi Kurumi.  Prominence is the new FMW.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wrestle Force is the new Michinoku Pro.  It's an undersized promotion with a wad of good wrestlers that just churns out good wrestling matches.  James Toner is out injured so Top Gun Tommy Kyle tags with Smashing Mike to take in the tag champs, Ollie Peace and Kylo Reece.  It's really good.

=====================

The Mexa Boys- Sol and Spider Fly- are spectacular and highflying!  Vertigo and Rey Halcon Jr are good rudos.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your rudos look like total degenerates who would break a pool cue across the back of your head.  You technicos are spunky and spirited!  None of them give one FUCK about the safety of the audience.

===========================

STARDOM!  Posts matches from a month ago!  Suzu Suzuki IS the new Combat Toyoda!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dead Magic said:

Stardom 8.27 Korakuen main event + aftermath/promo

 

That match is fucking great.  That's how you start a match. Giulia is totally awesome.  SLK is also totally awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kohaku is Shindo from Marvelous.  Itsuki Aoki is BACK!  She hasn't been on the internet in over a year, I'm thinking.  I've seen Mochi Natsumi but I don't remember where.  Yuki Miyazaki is 42 years old and TOTALLY fucking STINGs it by bumping like a weirdo half her age in selected spots that really pop out.  She totally makes this match awesome.  It's a death match, by the way.

======================

Jack Cartwright isn't quite as slick and smooth in whole matches as he is on Twitter.  Brian Cage tries to keep it together between neato high spots.

=============================

Either Keira or Zeuxis has to be the sister, cousin or best friend of Reina Oscura because she just beats the living dogcrap  out of her.  Star Fire is awesome but doesn't really get to do much as Reina Oscura fights for her life.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man, this match is good.  Connor Mills is the guy who wrestled PAC for the All Atlantic title a few weeks ago.  Jordon Breaks is a nouvelle Snakepit acolyte.  Maybe the two best UK indie guys running around currently.  Connor Mills is definitely.

===================

Rina Yamashita takes on the best legit wrestler in FREEDOMS, Toru Sugiura.  This is good.

=====================

HEY! It's MIO MOMONO!  She's back!  Well, she's been back a little while but this is the first time she has shown up on the internet.  Ai Houzan is a youngster that Momono makes look like a million bucks.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, this match is good.  KiLynn King is the toughest gal in Florida.  Kenzie Paige is becoming the 20 year old redneck asskicker we all wanted her to become.  There is one point where KiLynn King just hauls off and punches her in the face (10:40).  Very fucking good.

========================

Mike Bennett is strange.  He has GREAT very specific matches.  In the indies, he has these longish matches based on stiffness and selling.  It's like an extended BattlARTS match but with old school offense instead of shoot style.  I can't see these matches fitting in anywhere on a larger platform.  I mean, Bryan Danielson could pull it off but nobody lower down the overall pecking order could generate the heat to get it over with the mainstream fans.  Dillon McQueen matches Bennett's stiffness THUS this rules.

======================

It's Itsuki Aoki AGAIN!  A year of nothing and now twice in one week!  Here, she takes on FUCKIN AKIRA HOKUTO'S DAUGHTER-IN-LAW!  They fuck around early but really start laying it in.  Kodakura brings it like she is arguing with Hokuto about why she doesn't have grandkids yet. Very clipped to highlight the assbeating!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is four minutes of an eighteen minute match where Takumi Iroha shows up on the internet after an eternity.  AND she is tagging with GAEA legend, Chikaya Nigashima!  Iroha and ASUKA beat the crud out of each other.

=========================

This match has about everything you look for in Lucha Libre- hate, violence, blood.  Hellboy is the awesome carrier of other wrestlers.

==========================

Relámpago is awesome.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 1:29 AM, DEAN said:

Man, this match is good.  KiLynn King is the toughest gal in Florida.  Kenzie Paige is becoming the 20 year old redneck asskicker we all wanted her to become.  There is one point where KiLynn King just hauls off and punches her in the face (10:40).  Very fucking good.

 

Fuck yeah this rules, CCW has become one of my fave indy feds and most of that is on the back of watching Kilynn King have hate filled brawls with people. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 2:25 AM, Control said:

GANBARE☆PRO “A HOMANSU 2022”, 14/05/2022
Chiba 2AW Square
118 Fans – No Vacancy

5. Shinichiro Tominaga 2nd Hometown Triumph Match: GENTARO & Yasu Urano Vs Shuichiro Katsumura & Shinichiro Tominaga
6. Special Tag Match: Shigehiro Irie & Kouki Iwasaki Vs Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase

Excited to see Nomura’s new career trajectory. Shigehiro Irie is always a good time.

I know this is from an eternity ago but I just saw this and a) I love Nomura b) this match was delightfully stiff, a lot of it was Watase the underdog getting eaten up and then firing back up, Irie seems from what I've seen to be having about as good a year as at any point in bus career between his GLEAT, GanPro, AJPW, BJW & the usual hundred tiny and smaller indies he manages to work for. 

An awful lot of fun anyway 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...