DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

The weather is supposed to be so bad later this afternoon in Ohio that the Browns aren't planning on being able to fly back from Cincy and are arranging buses to get them back to Cleveland

The weather is supposed to be so bad later this afternoon in Ohio that the Browns aren't planning on being able to fly back from Cincy and are arranging buses to get them back to Cleveland

WOW. . . Although not to be a dick or anything, but if its not safe to fly is it safe to drive? Maybe go old school and take a train?

From what I can tell - there is no direct train route between Cincy and Cleveland. Like going to Amtrak's site - it says it takes around 9 hours via train. Where driving only takes 4 hours.

The storm is supposed to be delivering high winds and lightning... which obviously doesn't make flying the most fun thing in the world. But it should be fine via the roads. Now if this was a blizzard...

From what I can tell - there is no direct train route between Cincy and Cleveland. Like going to Amtrak's site - it says it takes around 9 hours via train. Where driving only takes 4 hours.

The storm is supposed to be delivering high winds and lightning... which obviously doesn't make flying the most fun thing in the world. But it should be fine via the roads. Now if this was a blizzard...

Good to know. . . on the weather channel it just shows a swath or red covering Michigan on down, good to know the roads will be safe or relatively so. Not just for the NFL teams, but for everyone. Still if you don't have to travel don't(as if one would come to this site and thread for travel advice, lol) Everyone on here in that area be safe.  . . .

• Like 1

As an Eagles fan, I'm hoping for six things today (other than the obvious W that'd put the Eagles over .55 for the first time since Week 1):

1) Shady going over 1,000 yards rushing (he needs 68)

2) D-Jack going over 1,000 yards receiving (he needs (97, but if Foles spreads the ball like he's been doing then it'll probably wait until December when they play Arizona)

3) Demeco Ryans reaching the 100 tackle mark (he needs 11, and at the pace he's been on he's got a shot at it)

4) The defense to continue shutting teams down in the red zone like they've done in the past month or so, and STOP ALFRED MORRIS!!!

5) For the love of God, NO MORE KEY EAGLES GETTING HURT! 

6) This losing streak at home has gotta go. Like yesterday.

Weather rumor is that Jae and I are about to be scrubbed off the map. Been nice knowing y'all.

*Jae goes to weather.com to see what Craig's talking about...*

MY GOD I'M IN "THE RISK ZONE"

I had a feeling that when the weather in Chicago warmed up in November after a day of nothing but rain - shit is about to go down. And by that I mean the waitress where I had breakfast this morning wore daisy dukes. HOLLATCHYA BOY.

• Like 2

Yeah, massive tornado outbreak that's already started around the Peoria, IL area and it's supposed to progress through Illinois, the southern half of Michigan, most of Indiana, and Ohio. This whole I90 line from Chicago through South Bend and the rest of northern Indiana is supposed to get the worst of it.

And of course tomorrow we have fucking snow in our forecast.

EDIT: Full disclosure, I'm hugely paranoid about severe weather and am just a big weather nerd in general.