DVDVR Message Board

The Cricket Thread, Mark 2

SirFozzie

It's fucking stupid, and shows no appreciation for the nuances of the game.

Ideally, it should be as simple as if a result is obtained within five days with no declarations made, no penalties should apply. 

If it's a draw with no weather-related circumstances, 9/10, penalties should apply for over rate issues, but also for the pitch as it's clearly not up to standard. Scoring rates these days, there's no reason for no result, outside of batsmen successfully parking the bus and playing for one. In which case, that's entertaining.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Nail in the coffin for the WTC being relevant to actual Test Cricket.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/66384125

Had an exciting as fuck series, with 4 of the five matches completed, with the fifth only fizzling due to multiple days of rain, and they're losing 29 (england 19, Australia 10) of 56 points between the two of them.

Maybe it's not  "Hey, bowl as fast as you can" instead of "Play positive, result oriented cricket" that should be the focus,.

13 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

It's fucking stupid, and shows no appreciation for the nuances of the game.

Ideally, it should be as simple as if a result is obtained within five days with no declarations made, no penalties should apply. 

If it's a draw with no weather-related circumstances, 9/10, penalties should apply for over rate issues, but also for the pitch as it's clearly not up to standard. Scoring rates these days, there's no reason for no result, outside of batsmen successfully parking the bus and playing for one. In which case, that's entertaining.

It's bullshit. Scary the people in charge fucking things up.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, The Natural said:

You have to take Harry Brook to England's World Cup defense.

At the expense of who? Malan or Roy, I suppose of the two,  Roy. I would have liked to see Stokes make his 50 Over retirement stick, though.

Edited by DangerMark

7 hours ago, DangerMark said:

At the expense of who? Malan or Roy, I suppose of the two,  Roy. I would have liked to see Stokes make his 50 Over retirement stick, though.

That's the quandary. I wish Ben Stokes stuck to his retirement, what a way to go out winning the World Cup and the manner of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...