DVDVR Message Board

2021 DC Comics Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

On 1/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, OSJ said:

The mentions of Kingdom Come and Starman demonstrate just how good comics can be. I'd add Sandman Mystery Theatre to the mix and call it good.

Thanks for the reminder - I'd been meaning to reread SMT for a while now, but your post prompted me to finally order the first two volumes from the local comic shop.

Future State JL mentioned Earth Omega (one of the new main earths).. they make it seem like it's prison world Earth. Also new Earths are constantly being born.

Anyway not all of Future State stuff will come to pass for post Future State DC once the event ends. But some stuff will be borrowed.

The Green Lantern recent issue spoilers and upcoming GL run spoilers:

Spoiler

Morrison GL book meta buried the new GLs taking over before they do.

The new new new young Guardians are trying to become more authoritarian and are restructuring the corps.  Rely less on the central power battery and power rings so Hal uses his leaves time with his new ring since his rings new AI allows him to do that.

Anyway in both future state prologues that takes place before the upcoming GL book : 

Seems Mogo stops working.

Earth doesn't have many heroes left and Cyborg is MIA.

Hal who said most Earth Lanterns are MIA..decides to go into space with his ship to find out what is wrong... so he sees the following:

The GL's Corps are hinted space wise as disbanded and destroyed, Khunds on the former Red Lantern planet who worship the God in Red (Orion). Yellow Lanterns coming closer to where our solar system is, Warworld is back but further out. Classic Manhunters and the Orange Lantern are expanding towards former GL spaces. All the peace in space undone.

Hall arrives at OA, OA is abandoned and in ruins, with the central battery destroyed. The far sector GL who's on OA is furious at Hal.

Seems we are kinda going back to Kyle era and a mix of that 80's era where GLs are mostly on Earth.

Edited by D.Z

Chip Zdarsky's Justice League: The Last Ride

JL-LAST-RIDE-1_6021c8300fca73.04528080.j

"Featuring a main cover by Darick Robertson and card stock variant by series artist Mendonça, Justice League: Last Ride uncovers the shocking truth behind the League's greatest failure and their ability to rise above to protect the universe one final time. This limited series will be  available as sixteen weekly digital chapters, followed by eight monthly print issues. The first digital chapter debuts on participating digital platforms on Wednesday, April 14, 2021, with the print issue launching in comic book stores on Tuesday, May 11. 2021. Each 10-page digital chapter sells for $.99 and each 32-page monthly print issue sells for $3.99, with the print card stock variant available for $4.99."

• Like 1

Please see out My Dinner With Jonah, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6 and Finale, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310 by Chip Zdarsky. Finale especially. It's comes recommended by both me and @Matt D. It's a perfect issue in my top ten Spider-Man stories of all time. I love that issue.

May solicitations out

LOTDK%2001%20Main_Cvr_602566f0be6c61.611

LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #1 another new Batman book..written, art and cover by Darick Robertson

One more special 1 shot, about the Asian super heroes of DC

Thor will redebut in Wonder Woman.

Milestone finally arrives.

BATMAN: EARTH ONE vol. 3.

Batman Dark Knight is now renamed Batman the Detective 

Nick Spencer writes a story for Superman red and blue.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, D.Z said:

May solicitations out

LOTDK%2001%20Main_Cvr_602566f0be6c61.611

LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #1 another new Batman book..written, art and cover by Darick Robertson

One more special 1 shot, about the Asian super heroes of DC

Thor will redebut in Wonder Woman.

Milestone finally arrives.

BATMAN: EARTH ONE vol. 3.

Batman Dark Knight is now renamed Batman the Detective 

Nick Spencer writes a story for Superman red and blue.

Batman: The Detective written by Tom Taylor and drawn by Andy Kubert is the only Batman book I'm interested in. Curious to see how Nick Spencer does with Superman. I've never read the Batman: Earth One books even though origin stories are a big favourite of mine. Anybody read those Batman: Earth One books?

The Earth One books are good, I see those line of books as for fans who don't need to know so much and the heroes are youthfull. Don't expect everything to be the same however, It was their response to Ultimate Marvel. All Star DC pre-dated that line but was axed and was more about iconic takes.

Someday they need to revive the Superman books of that line and give him a new writer.

The Aquaman Earth One and The Flash are shelved but other creative teams could decide to do them instead.

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Two new series from DC, digital first

image002-2-2.jpg

I'll be picking Batman '89 up and probably give Superman '78 a go also. Notice Bruce Wayne is older with grey in his hair. Bruce Wayne is also wearing a business suit in the colours of the legendary Batman: The Animated Series.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1