DVDVR Message Board

What are you reading in 2021

JLSigman

I'm currently using an audible credit to listen to Stephen King's quasi biography "On Writing." I've discovered you get a lot of weird looks when you start cracking up and your answer to the question "What's so funny?" is "This Stephen King Book."

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

An old friend of mine wrote a Weird West novel and self-published it. It's polished, actually is the sort of thing I would have liked to get an opinion from John on, because I think he would have been supportive. It's just a few bucks on Kindle and past supporting a friend, I honestly think a lot of people here who would be into an arcane western with a noir-style first person narrative would enjoy it:

https://www.amazon.com/His-Ragged-Company-Testimony-Testimonies-ebook/dp/B0976H4BNL/

• 2 weeks later...

On my father's recommendation I'm reading "The Friends of Eddie Coyle." Dad and I have both become big fans of Law and Order: Organized Crime, and during one of our text conversations about it, he told me to check it out. I was really taken aback by how short it appears to be. My e-reader tells me it's only 141 pages, and after going through the title page, other works by the author, the usual extra pages that nobody reads, and then reading the intro, I'm already 11 pages deep.