DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/27/2020

32 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm more puzzled by whatever the hell is going on between Allie and QT and QT seemingly more enamored with Allie than Cody's promo. Then later on there's that video someone recorded of the two of them. To my eyes it looks like a more than just friends thing and I had to look to see if Allie and Braxton were still married. Apparently they still are, but Allie's got this stuff on her Twitter of her taking a bite out of an apple, taking selfies with QT, and now I have no idea what's going on. I get marriages and all that don't work out and maybe that's not the case here, but it did make me feel a little uncomfortable.

Also, I thought QT was in his 40s or nearing 50. Dude is 34. How 'bout dat.

For starters thanks for the clarification earlier.  I've gotten 8 hours sleep across the past 3 nights due to the A/C being broken and the weather messing me up.  So that was the result of my brain not firing on all cylinders there.

As for Allie/QT I'm still certain it's a ploy to get Butcher and Blade to attack him and Dustin.  But after a quick look at Twitter I don't know anymore.  Maybe it's real, maybe not.  At this point I'll just see how this plays out.

And QT is only 34?  Well I'll be damned.  I thought for sure he was older than me.

Wait, ya'll think the QT Allie stuff isn't just a work? ? I mean it's not like she worked a long term story with Rosemary across multiple promotions or anything.

She may not be with Blade anymore but I have my doubts she's with QT for real even with his hair plugs taking hold.

As for JR, I think he says some really dumb stuff but there's a bit of an over correction with him at times in general. I could take or leave him overall though. And thank god AXS dropped him from the NJPW coverage when they did. Also RIP to NJPW on AXS.

The only other sport I watch with women is volleyball and announcers will refer to their physical attributes all the time in the context of how it helps their game. There's a couple coded phrases that are used at times like saying a woman has a heavy arm which is usually reference for a larger woman that can crush the ball. But they'll reference if someone has lost weight or added muscle all the time.

Seeing Lee Johnson get squashed again made me think about between him, Leon Ruff, and the guy who wore the singlet with "Conqueror" on it , it's not a good time for the brothers who are wrestling. ?

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't know anything about Don Cherry but if that works for him then great.  I take issue with JR doing it because he's a creep on Twitter.  If Excalibur said something like that in a nice way then I think people would be a tad more forgiving.  Or maybe just not say it at all.  Besides, I don't need JR or anybody telling me how lucky Kip is when I can very much see that for myself.  And I don't recall if he said anything about Shida's opponent but just in case I very much saw that too.

Well, what's especially funny about Cherry saying that is he is an elderly long-time hockey analyst who said a lot of borderline to out-and-out racist stuff (criticized the Canadian government for not backing Bush, talked about how only "Europeans and French Canadians" wear face-shields, refused to learn how to properly pronounce most of the European players names) that had him constantly under public scrutiny, despite all this, he had this crazy Canadian backing that saw him once named to a list of the Top 10 Canadians of all-time, before a Rememberance Day rant in 2018 saw him go off on a tirade about immigrants not wearing the poppy during which he uttered the famous phrase "You people" that finally saw Sportsnet/CBC cut ties with him.  So, it's not like he's some bastion of good taste or open-mindedness, he's actually just a cranky, racist old man.  Basically, it would be like if Mike Ditka spent more time awake during NFL analysis, turned the jingoism up to 11,  and used the Sunday Football shows as a chance to complain about foreigners and talk about military history.

I just thought when the question was asked if there are sports announcers who talk about the attractiveness of male athletes, that there was actually one I could think of and it happens to be the absolute worst of the worst among sports announcers who has done so.  I'm not defending JR's lustiness.  I just thought it was funny

• Thanks 1

During the stand-off between Wardlow & Luchasaurus in that Battle Royale, both threw worked punches instead of elbows. I don’t believe Lucha threw worked punches in AEW before, or at least I haven’t noticed since he came back. I wonder if the agents have asked for a change in the way talent throws strikes.