DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: July

Dolfan in NYC

Buster Olney randomly threw out a tweet that the Pirates and Marlins were close on a deal that involved Giancarlo Stanton.

And there hasn't been a peep since

Posted Image

Just in case.

Buster Olney randomly threw out a tweet that the Pirates and Marlins were close on a deal that involved Giancarlo Stanton. And there hasn't been a peep since

The Bucs have long coveted Stanton. After seeing Miami this past weekend, they actually have a really good core of young talent. Stanton is a perfect central foundation upon which to build so as much as I wish we'd acquire him, Miami would be insane to trade him.According to MLBTradeRumors, the Bucs also tried to pry Trumbo from LA. Our farm has 3-4 stud pitching prospects and I'm glad that instead of pissing them away on some assclown like Bud Norris or washed up bum like Alex Rios, they're only willing to cash them in on a young controllable elite power hitter.

The Cards still haven't won since they opened a Waffle House at Turner Field. I'd love if a scattered smothered & chunked ruined their season...next year we can serve up "infield fries" in their honor...