DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (With 100% More Cages Suspended From Above Like Wrestling Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

Clearly this paves the way now for KING REINA to be RIZIN's big star to take them places in the future. ?

I guess Kyoji too.

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

That Gabi Garcia/old Joshi veterans feud won't give you the ratings you need to survive...

Yeah, but it's what I want the most tho! 3 v 1 handicap match.

They've tried to make Kyoji a draw, but he just doesn't seem to be able to catch on that much with the locals which sucks as he's always fun to watch and one of the best 125 - 135 lb. fighters outside of the UFC.

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Clearly this paves the way now for KING REINA to be RIZIN's big star to take them places in the future. ?

I guess Kyoji too.

Yeah, but it's what I want the most tho! 3 v 1 handicap match.

Kandori being held back was like WCW Nitro in late 98-00 levels of bad. How does a legendary pro wrestler be that bad at pretending to be mad (rhyming not intended)?

I like PFL's production a lot especially the profile pieces before the fights. UFC rarely do them if at all (hopefully that changes in 2019) and Bellator rehashes the old UFC styled ones from the Spike era.

With that said, someone get Kayla Harrison to the UFC so I don't have to witness a 155 lbs women's division. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I like the new UFC belts. The old ones were heinous and while the new ones aren't perfect it's a big improvement.

The problem with MMA copying wrestling belts is none of them really stick out because they all have the same basic design. I automatically know what the WBA, IBF, WBO, and WBC belts look like even the funny looking ones they make for the women. I'm not even crazy about those, but they look more prestigious.

Did JW Kizer win a toughman contest to get this fight against Swagger?   

How funny is it one of his credentials is "ECW champion"  

Well that was exactly like we thought it was.  I will give Bellator credit.  They pick tomato cans a whole lot better than Dana does

• Like 1

How is it that Aaron Pico is fighting legit fighters a year and a half into his MMA career and Michael Page has been in Bellator since early 2013 and finally fighting his first tough opponent next month? 

Backwards, Ass

• Like 1

Ryan Bader, a light heavyweight, just won Bellator's heavyweight GP and title without taking a punch the whole fucking tournament.

I don't know Fedor's contract situation but I hope Fedor can get a layup of a retirement fight back in Japan before calling it quits. He should never fight another "top guy" again. Dude's chin and reflexes are gone and have been for some time.