Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh weird thing that happened.

Since I need the shotgun kills for the Python I decided to use Lord of Wolves in Gambit to work on the catalyst.

So when I got my Python I was at like 90% for the catalyst. So I meandered around shooting shit to finish the catalyst.

When the catalyst completed it also completed the Black Talon catalyst... which is still sitting in my vault.

I don't know if this is intentional or a bug. Doing a quick search - other people have had it happen for them too but there is no explanation.

Yeah, it is a known bug, but the devs haven't explained why it happens 

I also encountered it.  I finished the Black Talon catalyst first, but the triumph stalled at 85%.  When I finished the LoW catalysts, both triumphs registered complete.

I am guessing they don't give a shit since the workaround is simply to grind the LoW catalyst to completion.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well so much for that

 

A few more weeks of insane Wish-Ender damage.  Oh, well.  May as well make one from Collections to upgrade to 960 and join in on the fun.

Speaking of which, I hooked up with some UK randos last night and we got a Flawless HM Run on the Ogre boss.  Better late than never, I guess.  No Goldtusk dropped, but I was pretty happy with the 150 point triumph.  We set up at the steps and melted the boss with Solar Supers, LoWs and Wish-Enders from inside of a Well.  It was pretty disturbing.

The Glory win streak ended at two.  Got saddled with some fucking rando that (as usual) used up all of our team's lives by herself.  Yep, it was a girl gamer.  I say that as a point of shock because most girl gamers I've known usually shred in PvP.  My regular Crimson Days partner last year was a member of the Dames of Destiny and she was a blood drinker.  She's probably the main reason I have aspired to be more sweaty in PvP.   I don't want to the THAT guy whose crappy play kills the team.

I'm halfway through Heroic III and almost at Fabled so I guess I'll keep on grinding and try to back into another win streak. 

I think I am going to try to find a free kill lobby if I make it to Fabled and grind out the Mountaintop quest in reverse.  Once I'm done with the Grenade Launcher bullshit, it should auto-complete if I'm already at Fabled and unlock the triumph.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, holy fuck.  My resonator network is at max so I totally forgot this hotfix was also supposed to repair the EDZ obelisk.

People can't be happy about this shit.

First order of business when I log on today is to hit up LFG and find myself a Heroic Sundial team.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and good looking out, Eivon.

The datamining guys at light.gg have learned that the last weapon in the Dawn Collection is indeed Bastion.   If you don't care about spoilers, the leaked quest and weapon stats are contained in this article:

https://progameguides.com/destiny/bastion-quest-steps-guide/

Whether or not this data will be the content that goes live remains to be seen.

There is also a seasonal triumph associated with something called the Empyrian Restoration.  Supposedly the community is supposed to donate our fractials to the Temple of Dawn so that the power of the Sundial can restore it to its former glory. 

Allegedly this is supposed to coincide with the return of Trials of Osiris as a regular event if the community reaches the goal, but this is still speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, holy fuck.  My resonator network is at max so I totally forgot this hotfix was also supposed to repair the EDZ obelisk.

People can't be happy about this shit.

People meaning me

That was the whole reason for my comment with the initial post

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

People meaning me

That was the whole reason for my comment with the initial post

I told you earlier that the hotfix arrived just in time for me not to give a shit about obelisk maintenance.

The Wish-Ender damage issue is the thorn in my side right now.

 

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The datamining guys at light.gg have learned that the last weapon in the Dawn Collection is indeed Bastion.

Bastion has always been listed on the Road Map so that isn't a surprise (See 1/28)

Destiny_SoD_Calendar_EN.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Bastion has always been listed on the Road Map so that isn't a surprise (See 1/28)

It was in the back of my head, but it hasn't really registered until now.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Supposedly Osiris has another random quest for folks this week

Yay.  More to do...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Supposedly Osiris has another random quest for folks this week

Just saw a vid on this from Houndish. Apparently its a puzzle quest giving out lore with each pattern put in. There are 19 and hey are being revealed at the planetary obelisks every hour. No one knows if this is just a lore addition or if it will be adding an exotic quest at the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just saw a vid on this from Houndish. Apparently its a puzzle quest giving out lore with each pattern put in. There are 19 and hey are being revealed at the planetary obelisks every hour. No one knows if this is just a lore addition or if it will be adding an exotic quest at the end.

Yep.  There are 19 entries, so you have to make 19 runs through the maze in order to complete the Pigeon & The Phoenix lorebook.  The problem was that (allegedly) the solutions to the routes in the maze were only coming out about once an hour since they were tied to the revolving symbols on the Tower Obelisk.

TLDR:  It would take 19 hours of real time before all of the correct route solutions appeared in the transparent floor of the Timeless Vault

The guys at Raid Secrets have compiled a list of all the correct routes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/eooky2/doing_the_patterns_on_the_obelisk_in_the/

There is a 20th route that will unlock an emblem but it does not complete the quest, so there's more to come.

Thankfully, the maze does not appear to be not time gated so you can run the revealed routes at any time after the solutions are revealed / become active..

I've run three routes so far.  I'll probably run the remaining routes until I get the emblem and then just hold off until the next item reward phase is complete.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the NASA scientist smart dudes at Raid Secrets who had the free time and lack of gainful employment or wives, girlfriends, or significant others to hang out with, I have completed the Pigeon / Phoenix lorebook and unlocked the emblem.   The emblem is quite nice, actually.

From start to finish, the entire ordeal took me about an hour and fifteen minutes with caveats.   There is supposed to be a way to reset the maze without going to orbit, but I didn't know how to do it.  Some of the time was spent shooting my way to the Sundial (mostly to work on Banshee bounties) and loading back into the zone after going back to orbit.

BTW:  I only made two runs on the initial night, not three.  I had 17 runs to make to finish the lorebook and an 18th to get the emblem.

The runs themselves are not very hard.  You don't have to engage any enemies if you don't want to, but clearing a path can help out a great deal.  Plus, you probably don't want to die during a run since the maze is rumored to reset itself if you are killed before you finish a route and get to the Timestopped Vault.  

I'm not sure if that's true, but I wasn't in the mood to test out the theory.

I think my average time per run was about four or five minutes (times 18 to account for the remaining lorebook entries and the emblem run) and that was with the bonus sprint time you get when you are armed with a Lightweight frame primary weapon.

I could've used my St0mp-E5's to boot my sprint time, but the set of armor I run those with doesn't give me the best Recovery / Recovery scores and like I mentioned before, I didn't want to die in mid-completion of a maze run.

And yep.  Completing the lorebook and unlocking the emblem does NOT complete Osiris's quest, so there is obviously more to follow.

I made a clip of my emblem run and shared it with the Community page..  I tried to be obvious about which route I was taking so hopefully peeps on my Friend's List who watch it will be able to figure out the symbol pattern.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to play this week.

Not fixing the EDZ killed the little motivation I had.

At the moment with the game - I need specific things to work on beyond just "trying to get better stats for a gun"

I want to finish as much Season progress as possible and not being able to upgrade the EDZ is just frustrating.

I am sure I will pop in, especially to keep working on my Crucible stuff but ooh new Osiris things. Yeah whatever. I technically haven't even saved Saint 14 yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have yet to play this week.

Not fixing the EDZ killed the little motivation I had.

At the moment with the game - I need specific things to work on beyond just "trying to get better stats for a gun"

I want to finish as much Season progress as possible and not being able to upgrade the EDZ is just frustrating.

I am sure I will pop in, especially to keep working on my Crucible stuff but ooh new Osiris things. Yeah whatever. I technically haven't even saved Saint 14 yet

I'm going to try to do some more Pinnacle item content this week, but I'm making no promises as I have my daughter this weekend and we may hit the movies on Saturday to see the new Bad Boys joint.

If the dudes from Digi are around on Sunday, I may try to get them to help me with Xenophage.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I missed that Bungie was releasing the Hotfix today.

That makes two of us.  I am actually surprised that it is coming out today.   When Bungie says something is going to be delayed I usually think in terms of weeks or months before it will be ready for release, not days or hours.

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Folks are about to start getting booted from activities

RIP, insane Wish-Bringer damage.

 

 

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Per the patch notes

- EDZ obelisk fixed

- Wish Ender and Telesto fixed

- Eververse notification disabled

- Gunsmith and Crucible bounties will now rotate normally 

There were a couple other small things

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- Wish Ender and Telesto fixed

- Gunsmith and Crucible bounties will now rotate normally 

These are the fixes I am most thankful for.  Telesto damage has been out of control for a while now.  I'm happy it finally got reeled in.  It is the PvP crutch weapon of choice.

Wish-Ender?  Eh.  I think I'd have been okay with the damage buff applying to PvE only since it is a very underused weapon but it would still require a damage tweak before it became DPS meta.  I think the only thing I've regularly used my Wish-Ender for is to destroy Corrupted Eggs.

Y'know?  The 920 modifier for the Ordeal Nightfall this week is x1.32.   With a decent speed run, I could probably break 100K and knock out the Pinnacle Weapon challenge without having to hit up LFG for 950 partners IF ASSHOLES WOULD ONLY HAVE THE RIGHT FUCKING MDDS ON THEIR FUCKING GUNS~!!!!!

Sooooo much time wasted in the gate activation phase because I'm the only one that has the mods to stun Overload Champions or during the initial push to enter the Pyramidion because I am using Erianna's Vow and no one else has a Barrier breaker.

Everything is stupid..

Okay, not everything is stupid.  I was helping out a group hunting the Izanagi's Burden Catalyst in Heroic Menagerie and we made a Flawless Run on the Vex Hydra boss.  No Goldtusk drop , but my Triumph Score is now over 82K so I was pretty happy about that. 

Let's see if I can go three for three and get with a group that flawless runs the Mino boss next week..

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Other stuff in the hotfix:

  • Breakneck got fixed.  Damage is now buffed and in synch between RoF and Rampage to compensate for Stability.  Damage should increase as Rampage stacks.  Breakneck's damage actually got worse as Rampage stacked because of missed shots thanks to the weapon's Stability stat.  Rampage mods should also improve functionality of the weapon as Rampage stacks.
  • Hard Light screen shake has been greatly reduced.
  •  You can use the empty slots in the Fireteam menu to access the Roster.
  • The flashing Eververse Icon has been patched so that it won't flash after your initial perusal of her inventory after reset.  I honestly thought it was intentional attempt to get me to spend more Bright Dust.

Oh, and fucking whiners got Bungie to auto-complete the Rocket Launcher kills part of this season's IB bounty once you get to the quest step..  That should come with the update next Tuesday when the IB comes back around again.

Cowards.  It only took me three or four matches to get those Rocket Launcher kills.  I'll be using the IB as an opportunity to nuke people with Fighting Lion grenades and grind away at the Mountaintop quest.

I'm happy to see that Breakneck and Hard Light got fixed / buffed.   I actually like using those weapons and it broke my heart to notice that both guns perform like monkey ass.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am three days ahead of schedule on this Virtual Machine installation project, so the boss is cutting me loose at Noon today and I am off on Monday for MLK.

I've got my kid this weekend so I shouldn't be on much during the day, but I'll be on intermittently in the evenings and I'll probably be on for most of the day on Monday.

I'm going to grab lunch and then hit up some PvP most likely.  If I am paired with too many idiots in Glory, I'll switch up to Gambit Prime.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, J.T. said:

Y'know?  The 920 modifier for the Ordeal Nightfall this week is x1.32.   With a decent speed run, I could probably break 100K and knock out the Pinnacle Weapon challenge without having to hit up LFG for 950 partners IF ASSHOLES WOULD ONLY HAVE THE RIGHT FUCKING MDDS ON THEIR FUCKING GUNS~!!!!!

Sooooo much time wasted in the gate activation phase because I'm the only one that has the mods to stun Overload Champions or during the initial push to enter the Pyramidion because I am using Erianna's Vow and no one else has a Barrier breaker.

Its sad. I finally had a team of randos good enough to get to 100k today, but they clearly had no interest and slaughtered the boss.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and fucking whiners got Bungie to auto-complete the Rocket Launcher kills part of this season's IB bounty once you get to the quest step..  That should come with the update next Tuesday when the IB comes back around again.

Cowards.  It only took me three or four matches to get those Rocket Launcher kills.  I'll be using the IB as an opportunity to nuke people with Fighting Lion grenades and grind away at the Mountaintop quest.

It took me at least two times that. I'm more annoyed because I feel people deserved to suffer and work for it like I did.

11 hours ago, J.T. said:
  • Breakneck got fixed.  Damage is now buffed and in synch between RoF and Rampage to compensate for Stability.  Damage should increase as Rampage stacks.  Breakneck's damage actually got worse as Rampage stacked because of missed shots thanks to the weapon's Stability stat.  Rampage mods should also improve functionality of the weapon as Rampage stacks.

Was wondering why Breakneck started sucking. This explains it. Might have to switch to it again at some point though Night Watch will probably stay my goto primary for Gambit since its good for attacking invaders from afar.

 

Did a bunch of Crucible yesterday to finally finish up the catalyst for Vigilance Wing. It was unsurprisingly not worth the time and annoyance. That weapon is not at all meant for Crucible, and I curse the bastard at Bungie who tied its catalyst there.  While finishing up that I did also finish the first step to the pinnacle pulse rifle for Crucible so that was nice I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, Eivion said:

Did a bunch of Crucible yesterday to finally finish up the catalyst for Vigilance Wing. It was unsurprisingly not worth the time and annoyance. That weapon is not at all meant for Crucible, and I curse the bastard at Bungie who tied its catalyst there.  While finishing up that I did also finish the first step to the pinnacle pulse rifle for Crucible so that was nice I guess.

Oh, I don't know about that.  The four-burst from the VW is almost a two-tap kill for players with mid-level Resilience and the Exotic weapon perk is perfect for team shooting.  If your buddy dies, your health regens and you can probably avenge him and also smoke one or two more players.  VW is a pretty good PvP gun.

Well my weekend was busy.  I noticed on Sunday morning during a Gambit Prime match that someone was bringing a Bastion to the fight so I played the match, so I did some internets research and was on my way to get my own Bastion.   I was surprised because I didn't think it was supposed to go live yet.

The last maze code was 30 symbols long.  It took a little over ten minutes to run, so my vid capture ran out of time just as I rounded the bend towards the Timestopped Vault.

I was able to vid cap everything that happened in the Vault, though.  I did not expect to go to my own funeral and I would really like to know what killed me and how Bastion will keep it from killing me again.

The Bastion quest was pretty simple ovreall.  I was happy that I left enough Wanted bounties in Spider's queue to finish the 10 bounty part in one run and you don't even have put a bullet the target in the Hollowed Lair strike to get credit for the kill.   

Bastion itself is a pretty sweet weapon.  The slug salvo will pretty much murder anything in front of the weapon.  Even though Bastion is supposed to penetrate elemental barriers, I wouldn't use it over Hard Light, Borealis, or the Arbalest in a Match Game situation.   You still want a shield breaker of the right element type in Match Game so that the feedback pulse does extra damage to the target as well as any trash mobs standing around it.

I'll probably use Bastion or Lord of Wolves as a GP invader to chip away at the Fusion Rifle / Shotgun kills part of the Triumphant Invader triumph like I've been using the Arbalest and Izanagi's Burden for the Sniper Rifle / LFR part.

Finishing the Bastion quest completed the Dawn item collection as expected.   That Savior triumph seal is looking more obtainable than ever and there is still plenty of season left to go.

IB starts up this week so I think I will try to get some grenade launcher murdering done.  Progress for Mountaintop in normal Crucible has been shit because there is no bonus point modifier, and it would probably be stupid to use the Lion in Glory for the max bonus since most small teams players are pretty smart about not getting hit by grenades.  

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's weird is that Bungie announced that starting at reset, you will be able to go directly to Saint 14 to start the Bastion quest and don't have to do the 30 step corridor run.

At least that is the way Datto explained it.

I finally rescued Saint 14 and started running the corridors for the lore. Did about half so far and got the emblem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

What's weird is that Bungie announced that starting at reset, you will be able to go directly to Saint 14 to start the Bastion quest and don't have to do the 30 step corridor run.

If that happens, they better permalock the Pigeon & Phoenix lorebook and not auto-complete it for anybody.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I finally rescued Saint 14 and started running the corridors for the lore. Did about half so far and got the emblem.

The link I posted to Raid Secrets has all 19 routes to complete the lorebook and the 20th for the emblem.

One of the members of the reddit created a graphical representation of the 21st run that gives you access to the Bastion quest.

Edited by J.T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...