DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

If I had known that the IB armor was just a reskin of Year 1 armor I don’t think I would have bothered

I am at the rocket launcher stage and might decide to wait till next go around since I so would rather be grinding Glory

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If I had known that the IB armor was just a reskin of Year 1 armor I don’t think I would have bothered

Keep in mind IB armor is one of the best armor 2.0 sets you can get with it typically being mid 50s and having the ability to go into 60s for base stats. It also has the seasonal mod slots which are useful for all of the game and not just a specific enemy or game mode.

Don't get me wrong - I did it.

I should more say that I would have just waited and done all the stuff the next time IB came around and focused on other things.

I just have to quickly finish up the last bounty sometime today.

I swear if I get a third kinetic weapon for my pinnacle reward - the game is going out the window

I was sick at home from Friday until yesterday with an upper respiratory infection, but I managed to get a few things done in the game.

• Symmetry catalyst is all done.  Now to see what it does.
  • Lord of Wolves catalyst is also done.  I like it a lot better now that I know how to use it.
  • Black Talon catalyst is also a wrap.  I like progress.
  • Komodo FR4 PWQ is done.... finally....  There was a lot of PvP sadness early on as I was either getting stuck on teams with idiots or was up against teams of heavily stacked solo players. Matchmaking doesn't even attempt to even up the sides, does it?  I finally got a good run after like three straight losses and finished the quest. The only weapons left to acquire in the Dawn collection are the Devil's Ruin and whatever the mystery weapon is.
  • Upgraded my obelisk network up to 11 to get access to all of the resonator perks.   Now it's time to start to farm better rolls for the Perfect Paradox and the Pyroclastic Flow.
Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I got my Komodo on I guess it would have to be Monday

It was a little weird because I was a hair's breath away from Heroic. I lost a match so I was disappointed but then the quest completed popped up. So I went to Shaxx and there it was.

The only thing I can think of was that my 5th Comp (or whatever the exact number of matches needed it) that triggered my bonus Glory. So even though visually I wasn't at Heroic yet the game said I was.

Or the game is stupid (in my favor)

On 1/2/2020 at 7:49 AM, RIPPA said:

It was a little weird because I was a hair's breath away from Heroic. I lost a match so I was disappointed but then the quest completed popped up. So I went to Shaxx and there it was.

The only thing I can think of was that my 5th Comp (or whatever the exact number of matches needed it) that triggered my bonus Glory. So even though visually I wasn't at Heroic yet the game said I was.

I was just getting saddled with morons and Matchmaking did not help.

At one point, I was on a team with a 857 armed with mostly Blues and a 951 and we were up against some stacked team of solo super snipers.  It dod not help that the 857 would wander around solo and waste nearly all of our lives by being stupid and getting domed where he stood.  The dude was out of his depth.

I hate being on teams with guys that are not fucking ready to play Glory.  So much for the rumor that Matchmaking is skill based.  If that were the case, the algorithm should've put the lowbie with better players on the other team so that he would've had a better chance to win.  My team might've still lost, but at least we wouldn't have had an extra handicap.

Finally, I started getting paired up with guys that knew what they were doing.  One of those teams dropped a heartbreaker 3-4, but it didn't bother me that much because the unit was pretty solid, but we were just getting outhustled.  I don't mind losing a match if my side is doing the best it can.

After that loss, I hit a two match win-streak and the quest was done.  I'll hold onto the streak until after next reset to see if I can string along a third victory and unlock that 3-Match Glory Max Win Streak triumph for this season.

This may come as a shock, but the people that hang out at the Bungie boards can be real idiots.  When I posted a "Matchmaking Doesn't Even Try To Make Things Fair, Does It?" rant, the Bungie apologists came out of the woodwork with the usual "Power Differences Are Disabled So It Shouldn't Matter" bullshit.  

Spoken like assholes who have never played a minute of PvP in their lives.  I know Light does not matter, sub-geniuses.  That is not the point of my rant...

Why do grognards feel the uncontrollable urge to reply to things that are clearly rhetorical?  The world may never know.

Edited by J.T.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:55 AM, RIPPA said:

Will have to go back after the reset to get the emblem.

Wish 14 activates the eggs and there is supposed to be a way to get to all but one of them solo without starting the encounters.  

One day I will be brave enough to test it out.

Oh, I also got the ornament for the Cold Front from a Bright Engram so I'll really have to keep my Dawning SMG now.

I am also 1-1 in fucking Mayhem play.  Now no one can say that I never tried it out.

I really should be playing Countdown on the rotator list, though.  Two more wins will close out the gametype triumph for me.

Edited by J.T.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mayhem is good when you have bounties tied to supers and orbs of light but yeah the novelty really has worn off for me

Well, one of Shaxx's Weekly Bounties is about getting Solar kills which is problematic for me since my preferred load-out and sub-class for PvP are all Void based.

So I just went into Mayhem and Blade Barraged my way to bounty completion in two matches.  In the match that my team won, I got a Superstar medal for living long enough to use my Super three times.  

Nuking Warlocks and Titans just as they pop one of their ultimate roam supers like Sentinel Shield or Nova Warp never gets old.  The altitude that Warlocks can get while in the middle of Daybreak is still total bullshit.

Edited by J.T.

I'm trying to get the arc kills for the Chaperone quest done via Mayhem. Mayhem reminds me again why I hate the arc class of Hunters. Not sure this is goign to work out though I should be able to finish up solar kills. I somehow got void kills done during IB. 

This all reminds me that I finally got the Mayhem Gold Tier super which is like you and your squad kill 10 people with no one dying (or casting 10 supers) something like that

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm trying to get the arc kills for the Chaperone quest done via Mayhem. Mayhem reminds me again why I hate the arc class of Hunters. Not sure this is goign to work out though I should be able to finish up solar kills. I somehow got void kills done during IB. 

The Arcstaff is the easiest Hunter super to evade but you can still get it done sometimes.

The hardest thing for me is to actually find someone that will challenge me so that I can murder them.  Running is the best option.

If you can get an Arcstaff to chase you, you can either make him waste his timer trying to catch you or at least make sure he only kills one person. 

Better you than the entire team.

Spectral Blades with the Oh There You Are! feature is the best Hunter roaming super, IMO.

I am nearly to Season Reward Level 97 and soon I will have all of the ornaments for my Righteous armor.  Somehow, that feels like the most major accomplishment of the season.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I always forget how tedious the Dawning is

So tired of baking gifts

I don't know where Bashee is putting all this shit I am giving him

I quit baking about a week ago when I unlocked the seasonal emblem and got the secret triumph for delivering cookies to Riven.  

I've got pretty good rolls for the Avalanche and Cold Front (along with the emblem) so my Dawning has been a smashing success.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, I almost forgot.

When you are done delivering rice cakes, you are not quite finished with the rabbits.

Apparently there IS something you can do in Sanctuary after you've fed the last one.  

When you go into the display room where all of the statues are, you can interact with the statue on the ground and place it back on its pedestal.

Then you get...…… a fucking stack of Lunar Gloom shaders….

There is no triumph for doing so.  You just get to go back and admire the completion like when you found all of the Pip-Boy bobbleheads in Fallout 2.

Edited by J.T.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I quit baking about a week ago when I unlocked the seasonal emblem and got the secret triumph for delivering cookies to Riven. 

Yeah since I basically lost a week at Xmas - I still am baking shit for that quest line that improves the fucking shitty sparrow.

I really hope this is the last step and am afraid to look because I am positive its not

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah since I basically lost a week at Xmas - I still am baking shit for that quest line that improves the fucking shitty sparrow.

I really hope this is the last step and am afraid to look because I am positive its not

IIRC, there are only two steps to the Sparrow upgrade quest and it is perfectly safe to masterwork the oven after you bake a batch of Burnt Edge Transits and give them to the Cryptarch.

I thought that the devs were going to fuck me over and have one of the cookie deliveries for the Sparrow quest be to Riven, but they were merciful.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Arcstaff is the easiest Hunter super to evade but you can still get it done sometimes.

The hardest thing for me is to actually find someone that will challenge me so that I can murder them.  Running is the best option.

If you can get an Arcstaff to chase you, you can either make him waste his timer trying to catch you or at least make sure he only kills one person. 

Better you than the entire team.

Yep if Arcstaff is cast I either run or I get far away enough to do some damage before dying. I've made arcstaff users waste their supers often trying to kill me only to be finished off by my teammates.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Spectral Blades with the Oh There You Are! feature is the best Hunter roaming super, IMO.

When Spectral Blades is used I basically have to hope I'm far enough away so that I don't get slaughtered along with the rest of the poor bastards. I annihilated nearly an entire team with it towards the end of one of my first few IB matches last week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

IIRC, there are only two steps to the Sparrow upgrade quest and it is perfectly safe to masterwork the oven after you bake a batch of Burnt Edge Transits and give them to the Cryptarch.

I thought that the devs were going to fuck me over and have one of the cookie deliveries for the Sparrow quest be to Riven, but they were merciful.

I already upgraded my oven (after making Burnt Edges this year)

Yeah - its the Alpine Dash one that seems to be taking forever

Thank God progress carried over from last year

Hey Look at that - just got The Protect the Runner Triumph in Gambit (and since we were a group of randos not communicating it was completely by accident) so all I need to do is win a match with a Gambit weapon in each slot and I will actually get a Title

That will clearly be worked on after I get my shotgun kills

• Like 1

Got the Chaperone last night. The Truth is an evil weapon that makes that last step easy to finish as long as you don't have brave teammates. When I tried that a couple of days ago it annoyed me to have them for the first time in forever (and they were generally worthless at invading). Last night it was more of the sad norm, but I was able to decimate a team or two invading.

• Like 1