DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The leader of our fireteam was actually impressed with my armor load out as I had Tenderizer and Void Battery on my armor.  Tenderizer gives your entire fireteam bonus damage if you are the one that stuns an Unstoppable champion, so I was on permanent Unstoppable Incinerator stun duty and the damage buff is VERY noticeable.

I love Tenderizer. I run with a combo of that one and the staggering melee. It makes that mostly worthless void melee on my top tree Nightstalker quite useful. I was melting champions literally when I used Devil's Ruin because of Tenderizer.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have run into a couple of people using Devil's Ruin in comp and I don't think I would ever be that ballsy

Sidearms are pretty lethal in Survival.  I have seen dudes win 1v1s against Recluse users with The Last Call, Lonesome, or Death By Scorn.

Edited by J.T.

Only started to see people try out sidearms this season as far as comp goes. Seems to be a mixed bag with certain ones definitely being more useful than others. Devil's Ruin is not the sidearm I would choose to work with for Crucible. Stuff like Breachlight on the other hand I would consider.

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sidearms are pretty lethal in Survival.  I have seen dudes win 1v1s against Recluse users with The Last Call, Lonesome, or Death By Scorn.

Sidearms are amazing and I have used them plenty.

I specifically am talking Devil's Ruin and using the beam with the world's longest ramp up time.

Thank you for letting me headshot you and you warmed up your shot. And thank you for giving away your position because you started charging your weapon before I rounded a corner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Only started to see people try out sidearms this season as far as comp goes. Seems to be a mixed bag with certain ones definitely being more useful than others. Devil's Ruin is not the sidearm I would choose to work with for Crucible. Stuff like Breachlight on the other hand I would consider.

Yeah, most of the more effective sidearms IIRC are Lightweight Frame sidearms like Anonymous Autumn or Aggressive Burst sidearms like Death By Scorn.

Here is the Azteccross geek analysis on the use of the DR in PvP and PvE.

The segments of player PvP run & gun while the beam Is active are really interesting.  

DR is like having the better worlds of a limited range pulse rifle coupled with a limited range trace rifle.  If you've got a knack for using charged weapons (FR's, LFRs, Trace Rifles, etc.) in PvP and are a decent enough Tracker Baiter and can lure single players into 1v1s,  this may be the gun for you.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Thank you for letting me headshot you and you warmed up your shot. And thank you for giving away your position because you started charging your weapon before I rounded a corner

That guy obviously sucked at Tracker Baiting and has shit for timing.

However. there are some players out there that have Fusion Rifle and Linear Fusion Rifle timing and Tracker Baiting down to a science, so there are probably people out there that will be pretty hard to handle once they get a feel for range vs. charge time and are smart about coaxing people out of cover just in time to eat a laser beam.

Dudes with good pre-fire skills are going to be trouble.  DR really does look like one of the better weapons to counter asshole Warlock and Titan defensive flight since the laser beam appears to give gives zero fucks about how high in the air you are.

Edited by J.T.

Well, if you want a shot at easy Pinnacle Loot to keep or use for infusion fodder this week without the hassle of fooling with LFG, go and do the Ordeal Nightfall at 920.

The modifier for the Insight Terminus is x 1.44.  If your team is quick and gets to the boss battle in time to farm adds, you should hit 100K easily if no one is dumb and kills Kargan to end the mission or skips Champion kills along the way..

I used the opportunity to test the Devil's Ruin and it is a REALLY good Unstoppable Champion stunner and your team will melt UCs if you have a Tenderizer armor mod and get the boop hit. 

The Leviathan's Breath still has its advantages (ie. The shock arrow can instantly kill any trash adds that spawn near a UC when it hits the target) but overall, I like the versatility of the Devil's Ruin especially the ammo economy since Heavy can be hard to come by depending on your armor mods and the mission stips.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The modifier for the Insight Terminus is x 1.44.  If your team is quick and gets to the boss battle in time to farm adds, you should hit 100K easily if no one is dumb and kills Kargan to end the mission or skips Champion kills along the way..

Unfortunately, my team kind of sucked last night.The final tally saw me with 268 kills and 8 revives while they each had 1 revive and less than 150 kills (1 only had around 70). For some reason I was the only one who seemed to know how to properly kill shit and avoid dying. They even brought the right mods. They just were not very good. I'll give them this, they at least didn't try to run ahead like the previous team of randos I ran with did.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

In there defense, it's pitifully easy to die in that strike as Cabal drop pods can come from nowhere and smash you without warning and Colossus chain guns can be pretty unforgiving if you don't find cover fast enough.

It also doesn't help that there is a Void and Environmental damage buff if you're running the mission at 920.  Everything hurts.

Most of the deaths in the strikes I've been in happen when no one backs up the orb runner and he's hacked to pieces by the Gladiators while trying to deactivate the Vex conflux and open the door leading to the boss battle..  Once the orb runner makes his move, you have to provide fire support for him. 

You can always go back and shoot the last Barrier Champion after you've burned through the Vex and Cabal adds once the path is opened.  My team did that and we still had six or seven minutes to kill messing around with Kargan and padding our score.

Edited by J.T.

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

In there defense, it's pitifully easy to die in that strike as Cabal drop pods can come from nowhere and smash you without warning and Colossus chain guns can be pretty unforgiving if you don't find cover fast enough.

I don't know about the drop pods. There is only one spot where they drop. As long as you avoid that you should be good. I agree about the Colossus chain guns. I've been killed before on those because I couldn;t find cover in time or somehow got trapped.

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Most of the deaths in the strikes I've been in happen when no one backs up the orb runner and he's hacked to pieces by the Gladiators while trying to deactivate the Vex conflux and open the door leading to the boss battle..  Once the orb runner makes his move, you have to provide fire support for him. 

After taking out the Champions from the drop pods I've been using Nightshade to pick off all of the enemies around the confluxes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

I don't know about the drop pods. There is only one spot where they drop. As long as you avoid that you should be good. 

Normally there are three pods that drop in the middle of the zone:  one for each Centurion and one more for the last Colossus that shows up.  The cycle doesn't start until you chase Kargan into the conflux tunnel.

In Ordeal Nightfalls, IIRC the middle drop pod spawns an Unstoppable Incinerator instead of a Centurion and the last drop pod spawns a Barrier Colossus. Your team needs to kill all Champions you want a shot at Platinum Rewards, but I've been on teams that have just pushed on and left those points on the table.

People who aren't keeping track of what dies when will occasionally get barshed by the drop pod.  I try to stay out of the middle of the area but shit happens sometimes.

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

After taking out the Champions from the drop pods I've been using Nightshade to pick off all of the enemies around the confluxes.

I tend to go in guns blazing to protect the orb runner, or I just run the orb myself because for some reason other players seem to forget how to be evasive.

They also don't seem to remember that the orb can be used as a melee weapon or that you can still throw your grenade if you're holding the orb.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

In Ordeal Nightfalls, IIRC the middle drop pod spawns an Unstoppable Incinerator instead of a Centurion and the last drop pod spawns a Barrier Colossus. Your team needs to kill all Champions you want a shot at Platinum Rewards, but I've been on teams that have just pushed on and left those points on the table.

That was what happened on one of my runs earlier this week. It pissed me off so much when one of my teammates ran ahead. He of course got himself killed by Kargan when he finally made it there all on his lonesome.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I tend to go in guns blazing to protect the orb runner, or I just run the orb myself because for some reason other players seem to forget how to be evasive.

They also don't seem to remember that the orb can be used as a melee weapon or that you can still throw your grenade if you're holding the orb.

Guns blazing was what I was doing during regular strikes and Nightfalls.  With Ordeal I realize distance is nice to have. Regardless I generally try to make sure those enemies were gone before whoever ran the orb over did so, especially if I end up having to do orb run as well.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That was what happened on one of my runs earlier this week. It pissed me off so much when one of my teammates ran ahead. He of course got himself killed by Kargan when he finally made it there all on his lonesome.

I hate that shit.

The luxury of this strike is that you will encounter all of the Champions en route to the boss fight.

Three of the champions in the Tree of Probabilities strike are lurking around the area along the sparrow run to the Valus and few (if any) people ever stop to kill more than one of them. 

One Barrier Champion is on the lower area right after the first jump usually fighting the Vex enemies on the path and the other two Barrier Champions are on top of the large Vex structure you see in the distance before you make the jump.  

I usually try to kill all three while my teammates head to the it to the transition zone for Phase I of the boss fight..  Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't.  I usually fail because I don't have enough time to kill the last champion when my two idiot fireteam members don't try to kill the Wanted enemy.

They just let him escape and melt the incoming adds.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Guns blazing was what I was doing during regular strikes and Nightfalls.  With Ordeal I realize distance is nice to have. Regardless I generally try to make sure those enemies were gone before whoever ran the orb over did so, especially if I end up having to do orb run as well.

I go in personally to protect the orb runner because I don't trust my teammate to fuck things up.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Three of the champions in the Tree of Probabilities strike are lurking around the area along the sparrow run to the Valus and few (if any) people ever stop to kill more than one of them. 

One Barrier Champion is on the lower area right after the first jump usually fighting the Vex enemies on the path and the other two Barrier Champions are on top of the large Vex structure you see in the distance before you make the jump.  

Yeah my teams eventually stopped trying to run ahead because those fuckers were actually killing people before they could get across even with their sparrows. After the first few games I noticed nearly all of my teams of randos stopped and tried to make sure those champions died horrible deaths before moving on.

Funnily - when Tree of Probabilities was up, every time we ran it at least two of us would stop and kill everything to crank up our score as high as possible.

I think the only strike that I find people racing through more than Insight Terminus is Lake of Shadows

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just in time for me not to care now that all of my obelisks are at max power.

I can never get the EDZ to work. I was able to once to get it started but haven't since so I need the Hotfix

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I can never get the EDZ to work. I was able to once to get it started but haven't since so I need the Hotfix

I can get it to work every now and then. Still never know when it will work and i need to max my obelisks so I'm in need of the hotfix as well.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, RIPPA said:

My workaround is to do all of my obelisk crap first thing in the morning EDT.  Player bases is usually low so I can sometimes get a solo session to deposit fractials into the obelisk.   If it doesn't work the first time, one or two Fast Travels back to the start of the zone usually unfucks things.

I am beginning to make a career out of "helping" dudes get their Izanagi's Burden catalyst in Heroic Menagerie so that I can take shots at getting another Goldtusk roll.  So far, I haven't gotten a better roll than the one I have and I may end up keeping this sword anyway.

Apparently there's some new way to cheese Riven with swords that have Whirlwind Blade, so my Goldtusk may finally get me a Last Wish raid invite if someone out there will accept a super scrub that barely knows anything about the raid.  I may have to just LFG one weekend when I am doing nada and get some tryhards to help me get the raid eggs and finally get a clear.

Speaking of eggs,  not sure if you have noticed but the Wish-Ender may have been broken by the Season of Dawn DLC update.  It's damage output is way off the charts in PvP and PvE.   I've been one shotted by it in the Crucible quite a bit over the weekend and players have been melting Primevals with them in Gambit Prime.  Supposedly it will be fixed by the reset day update.

I ran my first 950 Nightmare Hunts over the weekend with two randos.   The first two went pretty well, but the Crota hunt was a pain in the ass.  I had one kid that wouldn't shut up and the third guy on our team just decided to grief kid by muting his mic and doing slightly dumb things.

I was tempted to boot the guy, but he didn't really jeopardize the encounter and the kid that wouldn't shut up needed griefing anyway.  We beat the encounter without wiping, so it was all good.  All I really wanted were the clears and the Supreme Nightmare mod upgrades for my Dreambane armor so that I can start running Master-level hunts.

I ran my first Master-level hunt (Nightmare of Ghaul) with a couple of no mic guys.  It was a bit nip and tuck, but we got it done.  I was annoyed that my Pinnacle loot was a Kinetic Primary, but I used it to boost my Izanagi's Burden since it seems to be the it gun for raids and 980 activities these days.

Devil's Ruin and Eriana's Vow will come in handy if you decide to start running 950's as Match Game is in effect and those weapons will help you pull double duty and bring down the millions of Solar shielded enemies as well as kill the Champions they are designated to murder aka Unstoppable & Barrier.

Naturally the only Exotic that deals with Overload Champions comes from the fucking raid.  Good luck getting that shit.

I made a good accounting of myself in the Master-level raid, but I don't think I'll be completing any time trials anytime soon, unless I find a solid team and one guy needs to have a Divinity since that seems to be one half of the standard boss killer strat.

The other half is *surprise* Izanagi's Burden.  It used to be the Wish-Ender but that will probably go away after the update on Tuesday.

Edited by J.T.

Finally played enough Gambit to get my Python.

Still have to finish the last part of that other fucking Gambit Season 9 quest.

Also finished up my Dawning stuff so thankfully I don't have to worry about that today.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finally played enough Gambit to get my Python.

Still have to finish the last part of that other fucking Gambit Season 9 quest.

Also finished up my Dawning stuff so thankfully I don't have to worry about that today.

Yeah, I am good on both of those fronts.   Dawning triumphs are complete and I have been using the Python for a while now.

I farmed Tier 3 Reckoning on Sunday morning until I got a complete set of 2.0 Collector armor so I am happy about not having to endure that shit anymore unless there is another armor upgrade. 

Oh weird thing that happened.

Since I need the shotgun kills for the Python I decided to use Lord of Wolves in Gambit to work on the catalyst.

So when I got my Python I was at like 90% for the catalyst. So I meandered around shooting shit to finish the catalyst.

When the catalyst completed it also completed the Black Talon catalyst... which is still sitting in my vault.

I don't know if this is intentional or a bug. Doing a quick search - other people have had it happen for them too but there is no explanation.