DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah, I was in the middle of a two-man nightfall and got booted.  I figured that the same shit that happened last week happened again, so I just went to bed in prep for coming in to work tonight.

Is it September yet?  I'm really ready to play Cyberpunk 2077.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Was wondering why I couldn't get in 15 minutes ago. That explains. It seems to be up again now. I am curious though as to how this keeps happening.

My professional opinion would be either code bloat is making the game unstable or that the Bungie devs are just lazy and aren't testing the hotfixes before they go live.

Maybe a bit of both.

We're having some issue right now at work where some assholes did not test a hotfix and now their fuck up is all of a sudden mine to deal with.

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Poor Warlocks.  I know how it feels to have a game breaking bug that works in your favor get fixed.  RIP One Punch Boss Killing Arctriders.

I got the 2-man Nightfall bounty for Crimson Days done with the first player I've ever met that was 1000 LL.  He was a bit anal, but a pretty nice dude overall.  He was definitely all about multitasking and getting as many bounties done at the same time.  We ran Hallowed Lair but no one got a Mindbender shotty.

I've got two more daily Crimson Day bounties to do before I'm done with the other Crimson Day weekly. I've already bought the two new event sparrows with my candy hearts and will probably tap out of the event once I've earned enough to buy the 964 LL Vow so that I can infuse it with another EW I use more often.

I'm off from Friday through President's Day, so I will grind long enough to knock out Gambit and Glory shit and then I'll tool around with B3.

I'm sad that there's no Cyberpunk 2077 demo I can run a million times until September comes.

Edited by J.T.

Last IB of the season is next week

A couple of changes that will start next season

- You will be able to change the elemental affinity of armor 2.0 pieces.

You’ll soon be able to change the Elemental Affinity on any piece of armor to either of the other two Affinity types directly from the item’s inspection screen by hovering your cursor over the armor's energy icon. This is intended to mitigate the experience of getting an armor drop with a stat roll you want, but the wrong Elemental Affinity. Changing an armor Affinity type will cost 1 Upgrade Module. If your armor is already upgraded to a higher energy level, the cost will be the total upgrade materials necessary to reach that energy value plus 1 Upgrade Module. 

- You will be able to start using seasonal mods from previous seasons

Starting next Season, the Seasonal armor mod socket (e.g. Undying Mods, Dawn Mods) will also be able to use mods released during the Seasons before and after the armor piece was released.

For example, armor with a mod socket from Season of Dawn can now equip Dawn Mods, Undying Mods from Season of the Undying, and [Redacted] Mods (from Season of [Redacted])

Outside of just doing IB bounties to get some pinnacle gear this is a light week

So I was bored over the weekend and thought "Hey - I will finally do the Black Armory secret emblems because I am bored"

Forgot that they fucking put the Forges on a rotation now - I am guessing you can only get the emblems now when Volundr is up because I went over there and the Forge wasn't active and thus you couldn't see the special symbols to shoot (and yes I had the right weapons with me)

I did finish off the Suros Regime catalyst.

Its weird - outside of trying to finish Luna's Howl - I don't have an specific Crucible tasks anymore so I am almost paralyzed by all the weapon options I have now.

And side note - I fucking hate motherfuckers who never use their super in Survival

I think the elemental affinity change is good but there's no reason to keep Dawn mod armor since Sundial will go away.  I keep a set of Dremabane Armor for Nightmare Hunts, Altar of Sorrow, and Pit of Heresy and rarely use it outside of those arena.  My Dawning armor will get infused into next season's armor set to keep my LL powered up for that season's showcase activity..

If they want to do previous season shit that will make me happy, they can autofill my Last Days of the Kraken lorebook since I was never able to finish it because of stingy RNG not unlocking entries as I completed those stupid Vex Offensive bounties

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And side note - I fucking hate motherfuckers who never use their super in Survival

I tend not to pop my Super until either my team is on Match Point of the other team is on Match Point.  Then my job is to respectively close the show or steal a round for my team.

Maybe that was what he was trying to accomplish and he just sucked at his job?

I got my flawless Heroic Menagerie run of the third rotational boss this weekend and I also got a Goldtusk with Assassin's Blade.  I'll still keep helping people get clears for whatever reason since I use Menagerie and Tier 2 Reckoning grinds as the stress relief for Gambit Prime and Survival matches.

And yeah, I'm all in for the IB this week.  Prime Engrams are dropping at 965 so if I play my cards right and keep infusing Pinnacles, I should slowly close in on 970 LL.  I had to change some armor mods around to go back to rifle use from hand cannon specialization, so I'll be rolling with my usual IB douchebag load-out of Redrix / Recluse / Colony and hopefully I'll get in some more Grenade Launcher murder.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Forgot that they fucking put the Forges on a rotation now - I am guessing you can only get the emblems now when Volundr is up because I went over there and the Forge wasn't active and thus you couldn't see the special symbols to shoot (and yes I had the right weapons with me)

Did you also check to see if you could interact with the unlockable nodes?

Edited by J.T.

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you earn your super in Round 2 and then never pop it - especially if the match goes a full 7 I hate you

Okay, that's just plain stupidity there.  At some point you either have to save match point with your super or close out the round with your super.

I'm still a bit confused though.  Did he just die a lot and never got the opportunity to pop a super because the enemy team was THAT good at shutting him down, or was he just plain retarded?

I was in a match last week where I was on a really sweaty team that was so good at cleaning up picks to the point where only two players on the other had the opportunity to use their supers.  We'd get them down to no lives left in a ridiculously short time.

One of those poor bastards got sniped out of his boots just as he cast Spectral Blades.  It was pretty ugly.

Edited by J.T.

It was more than one person. Only once was the other team crushing us so much that I could accept it as "never got the opportunity"

Of course I have been on a bad Survival streak so I am bitter.

I will never forgive the guy who lost a match when it was 1 v 1 and in the tiebreaker in Round 7. The guy on the other team goes to the tiebreaker spot. The guy on my team - a Hunter - has his super. So I am thinking "Well this is in the bag". He proceeds to pop his tether... and miss. Gets shot out of his boots and we lose.

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was more than one person. Only once was the other team crushing us so much that I could accept it as "never got the opportunity"

Of course I have been on a bad Survival streak so I am bitter.

I will never forgive the guy who lost a match when it was 1 v 1 and in the tiebreaker in Round 7. The guy on the other team goes to the tiebreaker spot. The guy on my team - a Hunter - has his super. So I am thinking "Well this is in the bag". He proceeds to pop his tether... and miss. Gets shot out of his boots and we lose.

That's what his dumb ass gets for using a crowd control super in a 1v1 scenario,  Even more unforgivable is that it sounds like he only fired ONE tether.

Popping tethers to lock down the Tiebreaker flag it not an entirely horrible idea in theory, but it is the worst case of situational use of a super that there is.  At best, Void Bow can be used to shut down an enemy super (at the cost of your own) or to steal tiebreakers in the manner in which your guy tried and failed to accomplish.

Using Top Tree Void Bow in a Glory match just doesn't give you much economy.  If you want to use Void Bow in PvP in general, at least go Bottom Tree and fucking blanket an entire area with multiple tethers that will either ensnare enemies or force them to avoid the area entirely.

This is why we Glory hunting Nightstalkers mostly use Spectral Blades so that we can vanish off of radar and flank from a different angle, much in the same manner I waffled your boy that one time when we were on opposite Survival teams and my side won.

And don't feel bad.  I was on a 3 match skid that sent me back to Fabled I until I won a match last night that got me a hair above Fabled II.  I should get some Glory cushion after the post-reset bump.

Edited by J.T.

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So.....

Pay attention to when you load in for the first time today

There was a cut scene I wasn't expecting

Good lookin' out.  I was taken by surprise by the cutscene on the first day of the season, so I wasn't able to make a clip of it.  

I've got advanced warning this time thanks to you, so I can record this one for posterity.

It is not lost on me that the only way you would know this is if you're already online and playing. I've got about an hour before freedom.

I will avoid YouTube like the plague as I am sure that if you have seen the cutscene by now, every content asshole out there has it posted to their channel.

Edited by J.T.

I am supposed to be working from home but I also am dealing with a sick kid

Futz around a little cleaning up some bounties. Gonna play like 2 IB matches and then I have more shit I have to do around the house

So Fallout Plays and Rhythm Ryan carried a nine year old boy to Legend.

Note that he plays on PS4 where the majority of the console PvP community lacks opposable thumbs and eats crayons.

I wish I played against potatoes with horrible decision making skills like that on XB1.  I'd go Legend every season.

It's pretty obvious that a couple of the opposing teams threw their matches to Fallout's team to help the kid get to Legend.  I can't say that I wouldn't be tempted to follow suit if I knew it was for a child.  I may be sweaty, but I'm not an asshole and as a dad I would find it refreshing that an adult player would help a kid out like that......

……. even if it was mostly for shameless self-promotion.

Edited by J.T.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I am an idiot

Forgot that right after reset - IB would be filled with nothing but 6 stacks running nothing but meta load outs

Even finishing two matches was stupid

Yeah, You're going to run up against Euro peak time play around reset time, dude. 

Things will settle down for out time zone around 5PM or so when it is 11PM or so in the UK and everyone has gone to bed. 

The six stacks on our time zone will probably start popping up around 6PM our time and then again at 9PM our time when the West Coast peeps are getting home from work.

You would think that this SBMM bullshit would be better at pitting six stacks against each other, but that's not the case.

Edited by J.T.

11 hours ago, J.T. said:

I think the elemental affinity change is good but there's no reason to keep Dawn mod armor since Sundial will go away.  I keep a set of Dremabane Armor for Nightmare Hunts, Altar of Sorrow, and Pit of Heresy and rarely use it outside of those arena.  My Dawning armor will get infused into next season's armor set to keep my LL powered up for that season's showcase activity..

Powerful Friends from arc armor. It increases mobility up by 20 for every piece. That was how the guy I mentioned with stats that weren't matching up managed to get 100 mobility. I only have it on one piece of armor, but it is nice to have (puts mine into the 80s).

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

Powerful Friends from arc armor. It increases mobility up by 20 for every piece. That was how the guy I mentioned with stats that weren't matching up managed to get 100 mobility. I only have it on one piece of armor, but it is nice to have (puts mine into the 80s).

I really like the Powerful Friends mod a lot and the +20 Mobility is HUGE (especially for Hunters), but there's nothing keeping Bungie from making a mod that does the exact same thing next season for the new armor set.  There's no sense in me keeping an entire set of armor from a previous season for one beneficial mod, especially when the content tied to the season will go away. 

Nightmare Hunts are still around so there's obvious reasons for keeping a full set of Dreambane Armor handy and continue to grind away at masterworking the pieces, but Sundial will go poof in 30 days or less.

TBH, I think the changes to Armor 2.0 are in response to the Powerful Friends mod being so well received and we'll probably see a lot of mods in the upcoming seasons that have bonus abilities tied to elemental affinity or the like.  I think the mods that impose stat penalties will probably go away because they are kinda stupid.  No one wants to take a -20 stat hit for a situational bonus to weapon or ability damage, especially for a mod that has a 4 charge rank or higher.

I got myself another Legendary Sundial clear, a 100K Ordeal Nightfall clear but I only played in one IB match because I saw that an old friend of mine from GTA Online Is struggling with a 900 LL character, so I'm going to help her through some Forsaken campaign content this week while I am getting my murder on in the Iron Banner.

I was fairly happy with my performance in the match especially since it was on Twilight Gap and I kinda hate that map.  I've switched my armor mods on my IB / PvP armor to favor rifle use again since I really don't need Hand Cannon kills in the Banner and I can start smershing dudes with the Colony again to chip away at that stupid Mountaintop triumph.

I won't be on much on Saturday because the ex-wifey and I have an appointment with a realtor to see about putting our house on the market.  I'll probably be on most of the day on Sunday, because I'm sure that whatever happens on Saturday will put me in the mood to shoot lots of dudes in the head

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1