DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Oh and the Crimson talk reminds me

So I go to Xur and get a Fated Engram and it turns into a... Crimson which is worse than the one I bought from him last week.

Grr....

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Y'all must not have Trust.

I've had a it a few times. Didn't care for it the first time I used, but that was for PvE. Is it better for PvP?

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and the Crimson talk reminds me

So I go to Xur and get a Fated Engram and it turns into a... Crimson which is worse than the one I bought from him last week.

Grr....

Xur is kind of worthless right now. I'm surprised you are still going to him since his exotics are always goign to weaker than ones you find in the wild and at best might equal ones from your collections list.

A lot of my exotics are shit because if I didn't use them - I didn't upgrade them.

So like I bought Sweet Business this past weekend at I think 515. The one sitting in my vault was 330

Ditto the Hallowfire Heart.

It is a cheaper way to bring exotics to at least 500 than infusing. And the one thing I definitely have a lot of are legendary shards.

I just got dicked on the Fated Engram

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've had a it a few times. Didn't care for it the first time I used, but that was for PvE. Is it better for PvP?

Obviously, it depends on the roll to some extent, but it's lethal in PvP.  Fast RoF + an almost completely vertical and controllable recoil pattern means you can pepper people with reliable accuracy.  Surprisingly competitive at mid-range.

Mine has Rapid Hit and Opening Shot and a Tier 6 stability masterwork, so it's a decent roll, but certainly not god-tier.  The stability masterwork isn't even that necessary and I kinda wish it had range instead.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A lot of my exotics are shit because if I didn't use them - I didn't upgrade them.

So like I bought Sweet Business this past weekend at I think 515. The one sitting in my vault was 330

Ditto the Hallowfire Heart.

It is a cheaper way to bring exotics to at least 500 than infusing. And the one thing I definitely have a lot of are legendary shards.

I just got dicked on the Fated Engram

Why are you're exotics still in you vault? RIPPA, you do realize you can pull any exotics or normal weapons/armors (save non exotic Forsaken content due to random rolls) you've found from the collection lists, right? They are stronger than your old shit at this point and exotic weapon even keep your masterwork features.

The Trust I own has Zen Moment and Dragonfly.  I use it to great effect in PvP and PvE.  I actually use it as a baby scout rifle whenever I roll with the Huckleberry as my primary since Trust has sick range for a Hand Cannon and nice impact and stability stats.

I'm finally up to Gambit Rank 14 (Mythic I) and can now purchase the Bygones pulse rifle (Full Auto / Kill Clip) that the Drifter is selling, but the Go Figure pulse rifle that I already use has Outlaw and Rampage and is probably better for PvP and PvE.  I'll just keep praying that I get a really good Hazard of the Cast roll.

Oh, and I finally found a group of randos that was good enough to kill the Tier IV boss!  

... and in the heat of battle I forgot to drink my tincture.. D'OH~!!!

Fortunately they fired up another Tier III / Tier IV and I remembered to quaff down my vial of black goo and I completed my Purification Ritual bounty.  I infused the helmet into my Foetracer and slapped the Transcendent Blessing mod into my Prodigal Gauntlets. 

I finally have a mod for all of my Prodigal armor pieces.  One day I will seriously start gathering together a set of the Reverie Dawn armor.

I stalled at 73 / 75 Double Kills in the Crucible today.  I did fairly well, but couldn't string any multikills together to save my hide.  I will try again tomorrow after I hit up LFG and make a last minute effort to complete this week's Ascendant Challenge.

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

I had no idea that was a PS4 exclusive. I don't think I ever used it since I didn't care for the look that much.

The chest, arms, cloak, and helmet look smashing with a pair of Lucky Pants, but the shit has zero perks.

I am now wondering if I want to put myself through the horror of the Luna's Howl quest.  All of the grinding for all of the stages has to be in the Competitive playlist, but Luna's Howl has the same weapon skin as my beloved Lord High Fixer and it has badass stats.

Right now, signs point to "no."  I'm pretty sure I'll want to bash my head in with a rock halfway through that shit.  My Crucible play is far too streaky for my sanity to survive extended forays into the Competitive playlist.

The hardest part will be the grind to Fabled Glory rank but if I make it without going crazy, I will nab a few PvP triumphs along the way.

Oh!  I almost forgot! 

I got a Bad Omens rocket launcher as a Gambit reward today and it has a Tracking Module and Cluster Bombs and the Tier is set to Blast Radius!  

I'll be bringing that to the Crucible so that I can try to get a Splash Damage medal and I can also start chipping away at the High Demolitionist triumph in Gambit.  I think I have already satisfied the Grenade Launcher Kills requirement.

It almost makes me not angry about still not getting a Hazard of the Cast.

Speaking of Grenade Launcher kills, I hate the Colony.  I don't see what's so special about it.  I will grind the catalyst for sake of completion and then tuck it away in my Vault.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I got a Bad Omens rocket launcher as a Gambit reward today and it has a Tracking Module and Cluster Bombs and the Tier is set to Blast Radius!  

I hate you right now, you lucky bastard.

44 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I hate you right now, you lucky bastard.

You can hate me if this thing performs in PvP like I hope it will.

I've gotten a few Invasion kills with it (enough to get the basic Invasion triumph for killing enemy players) and it does the things I think it should do.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My whole game locked up while I was doing Ace in the Hole.

I hope your wife is not watching you play that mission.   She will be inconsolable by the time you reach Cayde's last stash..

I hope you have plenty of her favorite ice cream in the fridge.

Oh, and you unlock the other pages in Cayde's lore book by looting chests across the system AFTER you complete the Ace of Spades quest, so you didn't miss anything.

Helped my mom get my dad settled into his new facility so I did zilch today for the new reset. 

I'll try to finish the Daily Challenges (Vanguard Strike and Heroic Mercury Adventure) when I get home from work and maybe the Flashpoint. 

After that, I'm passing out for the night.

Knocked out the daily and weekly flashpoints for Mercury. Did the daily for Vangaurd as well. Kind of wondering if there was a screw up with the Wanted bounties weekly because I see the Gravetide Summoner is this week's big bounty again. That makes no sense since we just had him last week and there are big Wanted bounties for other planets we haven't hit yet.

Did the Corsair relic mission again. Petra and the Corsair actually recognize that its the same shit they did three weeks ago with the corsair giving an extra bit of info on the relics this time around.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I fucking hate Flashpoints on Mercury

Yeah.  They take forever, especially if you are in the zone with noobs that either don't know how to make the PE's heroic, or assholes that just don't care.

I am STRUGGLING to pull out of my PvP malaise.  My kills and ER have been pretty meh lately, but at least I give as good as I get.  I finished strong before heading off to work, but I've still got two matches to go to complete the Crucible Weekly.

I'm also in a two match slide in Gambit. UNACCEPTABLE~!

Time to research Broken Courier to see if there is anything special I need to do during the mission.

I will say this - right after I posted my hate of Mercury I had a Prime Engram AND the catalyst for Borealis drop from the same kill so it eased my rage for like 5 minutes

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Time to research Broken Courier to see if there is anything special I need to do during the mission.

There is some new dialogue and its is another chance at the secret Taken boss under the bridge if you missed him the first time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

There is some new dialogue and its is another chance at the secret Taken boss under the bridge if you missed him the first time.

Yep.  I just queued up the Bridge Troll vid on the YouTubes.

Aha.  So the secret boss thing in Broken Courier is essentially the same as the secret boss in Dark Monastery aka a boss that is overlevelled for the mission at hand and doesn't aggro unless you start some shit with it.

I had decent luck poking the Odymon with a sharp stick, so I will fire a shot in anger at this secret boss and see what happens.

I squeezed in two crappy Gambit matches before the Yankee game started.

Both games I got stuck with people who refused to bank unless they had 15 motes so yeah... that didn't go well.

The 2nd game I was doomed from the start since I joined mid match after my team had already lost the 1st round. We then played down a man the whole 2nd round

But got the weekly and some bounties done

I wheeled off two wins and then a loss in Gambit knocking out the daily bounties and the weekly challenge.

Still no Hazard of the Cast.  I got a Distant Relation scout rifle as my Powerful Reward that got infused in my Subtle Calamity combat bow.

I got the two Double Kills I needed to push Redrix's Broadsword along.  Now it's all about Precision Pulse Rifle Kills.