DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I believe there is a Corsair body in each Lost Sector. Don't know where the rest are offhand.

When you get a Corsair Down marker, there is a clue in the flavor text as to the whereabouts of the body of the fallen Corsair is. 

My current one mentions something about a garden so I assume it's referring to the Gardens of Esila.

I'll track it down after I get some of this post reset stuff done.  Clan XP doesn't earn itself and I could always use more Legendary Shards and Masterwork Cores..

So the reset also opened a new secret mission called Shattered Throne. Apparently the difficult goes as high as 590. Its another definitely designed to use a fireteam on just goign off the vid I saw of it. This stuff feels so far away at my measly 548.

I realized that I am going to have to futz around on the Tangled Shore just so I can afford more Wanted bounties.

I really should have done a better job at paying attention to which ones I have already done.

Oh and JT reminded me - I did get a Seed of Light so I am currently throwing myself like a missile at fools and I didn't think I could find something more fun than throwing hammers at dudes but I was wrong

Just like Forsaken has been out for long enough now to know how to fucking make the cryopod PEs heroic yet far too many people are just ignoring it.

Or... OR... people running the right class type in these strikes so I can get three of them done

• I got infusion fodder for my Flashpoint reward and the weekly reward for the Daily Heroic and Heroic Strikes.
  • Gambit matches went really well today.  Finished the last of the three Gambit matches I needed for the Weekly challenge and got a 545 Trust hand cannon as my reward!  It will be a welcomed complimentary weapon when I am blasting fools with the Ace.  I also got my first One Man Army medal for wiping the entire enemy team as an Invader.  I will have to start Invading more often.
  • My Crucible Lifetime ER is back up to 1.59 from 1.58 after getting spanked in my last five IB matches.  I started off shaky, but finished fairly strong.  I found myself on a shit team on the new map that that is actually an old Trials map.  We got our asses beat.  Then I started getting my rhythm down in successive matches and finished off the day's PvP bullshit with a come from behind win in the new game mode Breakthrough.  Once my fireteam figured out that we were playing something like Control or Salvage and not fucking Clash so pure murder wouldn't cut it, they settled down and we wrecked shop.  I got my first Steamroller medal.  It felt really good.  I will never say another bad word about Sidearms in PvP as I got a Double Kill with the fucking Vestian Dynasty during the Breakthrough match.
  • 30 more player kills and I will be done with the Jade Rabbit catalyst.  I finished Merciless yesterday during the Flashpoint and I am about halfway through the Prometheus Lens.
  • I got a Borealis exotic sniper rifle while doing the Heroic Adventure on Io. My Powerful Engram reward upgraded from a Legendary to an Exotic!  Yet another catalyst grind I will eventually have to work into my rotation once I get it to drop for me.  Looks like I have to kill a lot of shit in PvE to get the Borealis catalyst.  I will probably drag this thing into PvP after I'm done with the Jade Rabbit catalyst.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I realized that I am going to have to futz around on the Tangled Shore just so I can afford more Wanted bounties.

I really should have done a better job at paying attention to which ones I have already done.

I usually do the daily Tangled Shore bounties for glimmer so I end up getting ghost fragments regularly. Focus on the 500 bounties since they will probably take the longest to reappear and give prime engrams if I recall correctly. Also do them with JT or a fireteam unless you focus on solo regularly like me. They are actually heroic adventures for Lost Sectors and are at 540 LL despite the 500 claim. The triumph menu should help you keep track of which you have done.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Eivion said that shit last night.

Just now, RIPPA said:

My rage blinded me

Petra will move each week from my understanding. Also keep in mind where she is this week is actually the most difficult of the main areas of the Dreaming City. Don't linger there for too long if you are solo and not at 535 or higher.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just like Forsaken has been out for long enough now to know how to fucking make the cryopod PEs heroic yet far too many people are just ignoring it.

Or... OR... people running the right class type in these strikes so I can get three of them done

Some people may be running Solar since one of the Clan bounties requires getting Solar kills.

Most people tend to run the same elemental subclass as the Singe of the Week.  Everyone I ran with yesterday were all Void and I ran Nightstalker / Spectral Blades so it was all good.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've just been running around as Solar ever since I got my second seed of light.

Just watch your timing and surroundings when you use Blade Barrage.  I have seen dudes completely whiff their supers because they jumped too high or because enemy players had too much cover. 

Their fire knives hit nothing but air and they got wrecked before they hit the ground..

I always run the singe of the week on strikes

I run Solar when I am the Tangled Shore or Dreaming City since that is what is maxed out.

Everywhere else I am using Arc so I can work on my second seed of light.

I did use Arc a lot in IB since shoulder tackle fucked dudes up

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and i just had the Merciless catalyst drop for me.

Many exotic catalysts are so on the bottom of my priority list right now

Catalysts should start dropping for you on the regular when you are doing Heroic Strikes.  If you don't incorporate grinding catalysts in to your normal shit, it will just pile up.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just watch your timing and surroundings when you use Blade Barrage.  I have seen dudes completely whiff their supers because they jumped too high and their fire knives hit nothing but air.

I've done that a few times during Crucible and IB. It pisses me off every time. The bad one is more in Gambit where I will mistime it and leave myself hanging over air, thus killing myself.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Catalysts should start dropping for you on the regular when you are doing Heroic Strikes.  If you don't incorporate grinding catalysts in to your normal shit, it will just pile up.

I haven't seen too many catalysts drop, and it always for some shit I don't use. Do Forsaken exotics have catalysts?

30 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've done that a few times during Crucible and IB. It pisses me off every time. The bad one is more in Gambit where I will mistime it and leave myself hanging over air, thus killing myself.

Yeah, I haven't cracked the code on getting a Fan of Blades medal in Gambit for killing a metric fuckton of enemies with your Thousand Cuts super, but jumping before casting Blade Barrage is the worst thing you can do in PvE.  

Jump casting BB in PvE is a Feast or Famine kinda thing.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.

I haven't seen too many catalysts drop, and it always for some shit I don't use.

Last week, the catalysts for the Huckleberry, Jade Rabbit, Prometheus Lens, and Wardcliff Coil all dropped in the span of three strikes and two runs of the Daily Heroic.  

I don't normally run the Coil, but some people swear by it when Arc Singe is up and now I am a believer as well.  I tore the frame out of Xol last week when Will of the Thousands popped up in the Heroic Strikes playlist and Arc Singe was live.

I will grind Prometheus Lens simply because I already have a MW Coldheart and I will hopefully get the Void exptic trace rifle very soon.  There is a Crucible triumph and a Gambit triumph that requires getting kills with all three elemental trace rifles.

Do Forsaken exotics have catalysts?

.Yep.  The Borealis sniper rifle has a catalyst slot.  If I am interpreting the flavor text correctly, I only have to get PvE kills to coax it into dropping for me.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I haven't cracked the code on getting a Fan of Blades medal in Gambit for killing a metric fuckton of enemies with your Thousand Cuts super, but jumping before casting Blade Barrage is the worst thing you can do in PvE.  

Jump casting BB in PvE is a Feast or Famine kinda thing.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.

Last week, the catalysts for the Huckleberry, Jade Rabbit, Prometheus Lens, and Wardcliff Coil all dropped in the span of three strikes and two runs of the Daily Heroic.  

I don't normally run the Coil, but some people swear by it when Arc Singe is up and now I am a believer as well.  I tore the frame out of Xol last week when Will of the Thousands popped up in the Heroic Strikes playlist and Arc Singe was live.

I will grind Prometheus Lens simply because I already have a MW Coldheart and I will hopefully get the Void exptic trace rifle very soon.  There is a Crucible triumph and a Gambit triumph that requires getting kills with all three elemental trace rifles.

.Yep.  The Borealis sniper rifle has a catalyst slot.  If I am interpreting the flavor text correctly, I only have to get PvE kills to coax it into dropping for me.

It never feels like I will get as many if I don't do the jump with BB. Its part of aiming the super for me.

I can't recall if its catalysts, ornaments, or both, but I think I have gotten stuff for all of them. The only thing is of course that I use none of them. Even the Coldheart is my tracer rifle of choice when I use them on rare occasion.

Does Ace of Spades have a catalyst? That is the only Forsaken exotic weapon I have right now.

Speaking of Forsaken exotics, anyone planning to try for the Wish-Ender and Malfeasance? This week both became available. Wish-Ender involves the 590 secret quest I mentioned, and Malfeasance involves lucking out and taking on a large Taken Servitor in Gambit as the Primeval.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

It never feels like I will get as many if I don't do the jump with BB. Its part of aiming the super for me.

Yeah, but the casting animation has you taking a little hop before you throw your knives, same as the little skip a Warlock takes before he hurls a Nova Bomb. 

If you jump, you're adding a little height to your trajectory so remember to pan down and sight on your targets before you hit your bumper keys.  Otherwise you will overshoot the players you're trying to lay out.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Malfeasance involves lucking out and taking on a large Taken Servitor in Gambit as the Primeval.

Funny you should mention that.  In the Gambit match that my team won before I had to get ready for work, the second Prime Evil we conjured was the Taken Servitor and we melted it.

If you want to damage it, you have to aim for the eye.   That's its only vulnerable point.  It is immune to body shot damage.  As they say in the Eater of World's raid when you are fighting Argos, If you ain't crittin', you're just bullshittin'.

It is a good PE for Invader attacks because you know that all of your opponents will be close together since the Servitor has a very tight hit box. They can't surround it and damage it like a normal Prime Evil. 

When the Taken Servitor died, I had a Corrupted Heart (or something to that effect) drop for me.  I had no idea what it was.

When I checked my inventory, I saw that the item was in my Pursuits queue, so obviously it was a quest.  First step was to head back to the Tower to chat with the Drifter and he told me some sob story about an item that had some sentimental value to him that was stolen, and he asked me to track down the thief.

The next quest step has me killing mini bosses and bosses in the Dreaming City. Twenty five of them to be precise.  How this helps my investigation, I have no clue.

Hopefully Blind Well bosses count so I can at least try to grind towards a third Seed of Light while I am working on the Gambit quest

During the match where we got the Servitor, the opposing team conjured a giant Taken Centurion as their Prime Evil.

I healed it from 50% to nearly full health when I wiped out the enemy team and that gave my squad the extra minutes they needed to burn down the Taken Servitor.  I can only imagine how pissed off the other team was..

I think there is a triumph for healing the other team's PE from nearly dead to full by murdering everyone on their squad, but I don't think I am ready for that quite yet.  That sounds like it takes timing as well as skill and maybe a little luck and I am pretty sure that I will fail spectacularly trying to pull that off. 

I was super lucky to pull of the One Man Army medal move.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Does Ace of Spades have a catalyst?

Nope.  It has an ornament but no catalyst.

• Like 1

Since I have only started to play more than one Gambit match a week I am starting to learn that the popular play is to send the dude with Sleeper Stimulant as the invader and then you never move from the spawn point and just snipe the shit out of everyone

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since I have only started to play more than one Gambit match a week I am starting to learn that the popular play is to send the dude with Sleeper Stimulant as the invader and then you never move from the spawn point and just snipe the shit out of everyone

When it comes to dealing with Invaders armed with Sleepers, the best defense is usually a good offense. 

Either that or sheer cowardice.  Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get hit by jet airliners.

Supposedly the Sleeper was nerfed for Gambit, but I haven't seen evidence that it is less effective than before..  The devs gave it a longer charge time when Invaders use them, but it still seems to kill members of my fireteam just fine.

If you are on a team of regular Gambit players, they know to immediately find someplace to make a defensive stand when the Invader alarm sounds. 

Usually they will retreat to the spawn zone near the bank and force the Invader to come to them so that they can team shoot his ass.  I am happy that I don't have the Ace quest to worry about anymore, so now I can do the smart thing when the Invader alarm sounds and either prep my Super or use my Heavy Weapon on the Invader if I have any purple ammo to spare.

Attacking as a team or hiding and waiting our the timer are the best options.  Attacking on your own or standing out in the open trying to spot the Invader is just dumb.  By the time you see him, you're already dead.

That's why keeping the bank clear of blockers is so important.  If you have Taken in your zone, kill them. Kill them all.  Do not fuck around.  Do not pass go.  Kill all of the fucking Taken on your map.  Every last one of them.  Kill them all dead.

Nothing in Gambit makes your stomach turn more than seeing one of your idiot teammates horde motes and not bank regularly and then witness him get plasma beamed to cinders because your other teammates are also retards and have left you as the sole person attempting to fucking erase the three Large Blockers that are stomping all over your bank.

I have found that the best way to kill defenders is to simply use your Super. If you haven't fired a Sleeper in the first few seconds of your Invasion run, the other team will usually assume you don't have one and may get confident and rush to offense.  That's when you pop your nasty surprise, nuke half of their team, and then chase after the survivors who are probably in full retreat by then.

Well, my curiosity got the better of me and I did an image search for the  Malfeasance.

Spoiler

ql7b6x7x5an11.jpg

Flavor wise,   it appears to be the Thorn to the Ace's Last Word, although there does not appear to be any lore linking the two weapons.