DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

So I feel like an idiot. I just started using the Ace for Crucible a couple of days ago and used Trust yesterday. Used Vestian Dynasty as well. All of them compliment me so much better that its kind of ridiculous. I feel so damn stupid for not using them already beforehand. From now on Crimson only comes out to play when I need precision kills.

Got a bunch done in the Dreaming City today

Gave two cats gifts and got two weapons 

Finished my first heroic blind well event. I can damage things now so that is swell

Have to turn in my offering still

Still trying to get my last seed of light

You might get it when you turn in you offering. If not you probably won't be able to get it for another week.

I actually have one or two of those cat gifts. I really need to find where they all are. The one I know about it is annoying to get to.

Found two exotics one right after the other when I was getting the rewards from my Wanted bounties. With the big one it wasn't so surprising, but getting one from one of the smaller level bounties was. This is also the first time I've gotten a Forsaken exotic weapon. Ended up with the Lord of Wolves. It is an odd flaming auto-rifle labeled as a shotgun for some reason. I ended up sacrificing it and the other (Jade Rabbit) for my more used exotics (Ace & Sunshot), but it was nice to finally get one of the weapons.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, RIPPA said:

You see Lord of Wolves a lot in the Crucible.

Thats what I used when I needed the shotgun kills for the Chaperone quest line

That is what nearly everyone is using to get their Chaperone kills.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, RIPPA said:

Everyone must be doing that playing with blocks bounty because no one is banking fucking motes anymore 

No, they are idiots.  You still have to get 25 Small Blockers for that bounty and there is no sense in trying to get 25 Small Blocker's straight. 

There is a time to horde and there is a time to deposit.

Your teammates were just being stupid.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, Eivion said:

So I feel like an idiot. I just started using the Ace for Crucible a couple of days ago and used Trust yesterday. Used Vestian Dynasty as well. All of them compliment me so much better that its kind of ridiculous. I feel so damn stupid for not using them already beforehand. From now on Crimson only comes out to play when I need precision kills.

You shouldn't feel dumb.  Ace / Trust / Vestian / Crimson all synergize pretty well in Crucible play.  I haven't been using mine as much as I should because this dumb quest for Redrix's Broadsword is very Pulse Rifle heavy.  Thank God I have this badass Bygones with Full Auto / High Impact Reserves to use.

• Like 1

I futzed with my Warlock a little bit last night - finally got her over 400

Got the strike with the super psion at the end of it for the first time - The Insight Terminus (I guess that was one of the PS4 exclusives)

OH! I also finally killed my first mega spider bounty (whatever the fuck those things are called). The light level was 540 and I just passed 540 on my Titan this weekend so I was able to knock it out.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Got the strike with the super psion at the end of it for the first time - The Insight Terminus (I guess that was one of the PS4 exclusives)

Yeah, The Insight Terminus and Lake of Shadows are the former PS4 exclusive strikes.  They're both pretty awesome.

We also had the PS4 exclusive class armors released this DLC but the shit has no perks.  

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OH! I also finally killed my first mega spider bounty (whatever the fuck those things are called). The light level was 540 and I just passed 540 on my Titan this weekend so I was able to knock it out.

Yeah, it was the Gravetide Summoner for a second week in a row.  I did that bounty the week prior, so I didn't even bother this past week.

I wasn't high enough LL to do the Blood Cleaver bounty the last time that The Spider had it up, so I'm hoping he has it available this week.

My OH! news is that I finally masterwoeked the catalyst for The Colony (525 LL) during the little bit of gameplay I got over the weekend, so it can go into the Vault for a bit and I can start getting good with my 565 Queenbreaker Bow.

The new patch will come in at a decent time.  Once I can start stockpiling MCs again or whatever they call them after the patch, I can start infusing the gear I have in the Vault in addition to my personal load-out.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I also love getting the medal for winning a Crucible match with a massive comeback.

I haven't gotten any comeback or OT medals in the Crucible yet (my side lost in OT about two weeks ago.. Grr..), but I have been on the good side of some beatdowns lately.  Having 20 or so kills and over a 1.6 ER in a match where you got Crushed Them / Never In Doubt medals feels good because you know you contributed heavily to the win.

My team got a comeback medal in Gambit last week after I healed the other team's PE from 50% back to full health when I invaded and nearly wiped the entire squad. 

The last guy just hid until the Invasion timer ran out and I kept my rocket launcher (Tracking Module / Cluster Bombs) trained on him so he wouldn't try revive his buddies.  

It is funny and sad that the key to being a good Invader in gambit is to be as big of a griefing douchebag as you can.

Oh, and whenever I get the Playing With Blocks weekly bounty, I usually abandon it.  It's only a Legendary Gear reward and most likely it will be something I'll just shard so there is no sense in putting myself through all of that trouble for sub 550 stuff..

The Weekly Bounties with Powerful Gear rewards and the Daily Bounties with Legendary Gear rewards are far less trouble and give just as much, if not more, Infamy Rank buffs..

Better to keep your win streak intact and get better Infamy bumps as you cash in future bounties than to take a loss just to complete one dumb bounty.

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It is funny and sad that the key to being a good Invader in gambit is to be as big of a griefing douchebag as you can.

Yeah - that's the other thing about my current Gambit run (besides no one banking). No one fucking invades.

I invade all the time now because no one else does. It really isn't that hard if you go over with either a super or lots of purple.

I once killed the entire team will they were fighting their PE. Felt so so good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I once killed the entire team will they were fighting their PE. Felt so so good.

I've done that before and yeah, very satisfying especially if you get to payback an Invader that got you earlier in the round.  

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - that's the other thing about my current Gambit run (besides no one banking). No one fucking invades.

I am the opposite.  There is always one asshole on my team that constantly invades and never gets any kills.  He's the one I blame when our team loses.

Just because the fucking portal is up doesn't mean you have to invade.  If the other team has their motes banked or doesn't have a Prime Evil up, stay your ass on our side of the field and help us get these motes banked, idiot.

Nothing infuriates me more when an asshole on my team invades when he doesn't need to and we still have blockers to get rid of.  That's usually when we get an Invader from the other side that murders us all while we still have motes in our pockets.

The second thing that bugs the shit out of me is when a guy with over ten motes uses the Invasion Portal.  Why are you delivering motes to the other side like you work for Domino's, dumbass?  Deposit your motes and / or help to protect the other mote holders before you invade, fuckwit!

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Congrats, those aren't the easiest solo though i think the Gravetide Summoner is probably the best one for it. I'm surprised you waited til reached 540. You would have been good at 520.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

We also had the PS4 exclusive class armors released this DLC but the shit has no perks.  

Yeah, it was the Gravetide Summoner for a second week in a row.  I did that bounty the week prior, so I didn't even bother this past week.

I wasn't high enough LL to do the Blood Cleaver bounty the last time that The Spider had it up, so I'm hoping he has it available this week.

I'm not sure why thy made those armors available to to people now and not give them an extra buff to make it worthwhile.

I still wonder if the Gravetide Summoner twice in a row was a glitch. There is supposed to be one of these bosses in each world space. Not sure why you skipped it. Even if it you've only already done it it was a semi-easy way for more powerful gear. No reason to waste it. I actually did again during the weekend.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and whenever I get the Playing With Blocks weekly bounty, I usually abandon it.  It's only a Legendary Gear reward and most likely it will be something I'll just shard so there is no sense in putting myself through all of that trouble for sub 550 stuff..

The Weekly Bounties with Powerful Gear rewards and the Daily Bounties with Legendary Gear rewards are far less trouble and give just as much, if not more, Infamy Rank buffs..

Better to keep your win streak intact and get better Infamy bumps as you cash in future bounties than to take a loss just to complete one dumb bounty.

I tend to buy to get most of the weekly bounties, even if they are somewhat annoying. I'm not really bothered if I succeed or fail at them.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I invade all the time now because no one else does. It really isn't that hard if you go over with either a super or lots of purple.

I've only manged to take out an entire team once, and never during a PE fight. I always try to deny motes.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The second thing that bugs the shit out of me is when a guy with over ten motes uses the Invasion Portal.  Why are you delivering motes to the other side like you work for Domino's, dumbass?  Deposit your motes and / or help to protect the other mote holders before you invade, fuckwit!

So there are people that stupid, wonderful. I've been curious if an idiot bringing motes over for an invasion delivers those motes to the opposing team when he is killed.

I don't think this was the case before, but we can now reacquire shaders from our Collections now via combos of glimmer, bright dust, and legendary shards.

And  the weekly bounty is the Summoner again. Yeah this is definitely a glitch.

• Oracle Engine mission is available from Petra this week, so we can all go back and try to get those Secret Triumphs we missed the first time around.  Rippa, if you're on tonight give me a shout so I can help you knock this out and maybe handle the Ascendant Challenge as well.
  • It looks like nothing but Supremacy for me this week.  I've apparently done so much Quickplay that I have earned the career triumphs for Clash and Control.  I got a cheap My Crest Is My Own medal after dropping into a match in the last few seconds and ending up on the winning side.  No kills, but I didn't die either, so TECHNICALLY no one claimed my crest.
  • It figures that I get the random weekly challenge in Gambit for my team being the first to summon a Prime Evil and then I end up on retard teams that can barely keep the bank clear.
  • I've done most of my Dreaming City crap for the week (Defend The Well, etc.).  I've gotten RD armor upgrades so far.... like I need RD armor upgrades.  I have yet to see a Tigerspite auto rifle.  I've turned in my offering for the week, so now I just have to deal with the Ascendant Challenge.
  • I've got a bunch of infusion fodder set up for my favorite guns, so here I go with Eivion's plan of buying two MCs from the Spider after each daily reset.
  • Once again, Spider's big bounty for the week is the Gravetide Summoner, or at least that is the one in my queue.  I've already done that one, guys!

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  • I've done most of my Dreaming City crap.  I got RD armor upgrades.... like I need RD armor upgrades.  I have yet to see a Tigerspite auto rifle.

Aww.... I have a Tigerspite. In fact it was my best weapon until last night when I got a better Ether Doctor for completing the Titan Flashpoint

I got a ghost shell last night that gives me experience and glimmer in Gambit so I am happy.

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  • Oracle Engine mission is available from Petra this week, so we can all go back and try to get those Secret Triumphs.  Rippa, if you're on tonight give me a shout so I can help you knock this out and maybe handle the Ascendant Challenge as well.

I have no sports to care about tonight so I should be on unless I pass out early.

I am "working from home" today so I am hoping I can knock out some stuff during the day.