DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

The Ascendant Challenge for this week is total bullshit, especially seeing as how Hunters are the only class that can't fucking fly, float, or glide.

EDIT: I did finally beat it though it was a pain in the ass. The fight isn't too difficult, but all that damn jumping is so annoying. That is the most any of these challenges have killed me so far. I did find Toland though and get the lore triumph so I can only complain so much. Still these jumping challenges are pain in the ass for me even when using the Stomp-EE5.

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

The Ascendant Challenge for this week is total bullshit, especially seeing as how Hunters are the only class that can't fucking fly, float, or glide.

EDIT: I did finally beat it though it was a pain in the ass. The fight isn't too difficult, but all that damn jumping is so annoying. That is the most any of these challenges have killed me so far. I did find Toland though and get the lore triumph so I can only complain so much. Still these jumping challenges are pain in the ass for me even when using the Stomp-EE5.

Not to make you feel bad but I totally beat it without Stomp-EE5s.  I had to switch some armor stats around to get my Mobility up to 9, but after that I was able to make those crazy jumps.   When I was one jump away from the brawl, I put my gear back to improve Recovery and Resiliency and went to work.

I actually found the platforming part to be not as infuriating as the jumping in last week's challenge and not nearly as ridiculous or infuriating as the Whisper of the Worm quest jumping puzzle.

The Wizards were a pain in the ass.  I was constantly running around in a circle trying to recover my barrier because I was under duress by dozens of Shadow Thrall.   I was smart and focused on damaging and killing one Wizard at a time.  I lucked out and got a few heavy bricks dropped at opportune times so that I could use my boss spec Play of the Game.

I also found Toland's spirit while platforming down to the encounter..  It kinda freaked me out because his wisp resembles a Taken protective ward and I usually either shoot those things or avoid them.

I felt so good about beating my first AC, that I spend the rest of the morning catching up on Dreaming City bullshit.  I beat the Broken Courier mission and also killed the Odynom to get the secret triumph.  I hooked up with a group of Euros who beat the Tier IV for this week (Scorn) and I FINALLY fought alongside a group of randos that got the Heroic Version of the Rift Generator PE.

Between all of that and completing Petra's Weekly Challenge and turning in my Oracle offering, I almost have a complete set of Reverie Dawn armor to wear for whatever.  I'm only missing the cloak.

Now I need to start doing more Blind Well so that I can get more of the Queen's Purification Ritual bounties and start replacing the Riven's Curse mod with the Transcendental Blessing mods.

After that, I knocked out enough Clan Bounties to get my Clan Reward for the week.

I put together a couple pieces of furniture for my Dad's room at his Assisted Living facility after that, so I didn't get a chance to do any Crucible or Gambit.  If I am half awake when I get off shift tonight, I'll go until I get tired.  Otherwise, grinding rank will be a tomorrow morning thing.

24 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Not to make you feel bad but I totally beat it without Stomp-EE5s.  I had to switch some armor stats around to get my Mobility up to 9, but after that I was able to make those crazy jumps.   When I was one jump away from the brawl, I put my gear back to improve Recovery and Resiliency and went to work.

I actually found the platforming part to be not as infuriating as the jumping in last week's challenge.  Not nearly as ridiculous as the Whisper of the Worm jumping puzzle.

The Wizards were a pain in the ass.  I was constantly running around in a circle trying to recover my barrier because I was under duress by dozens of Shadow Thrall.   I was smart and focused on damaging and killing one Wizard at a time.  I lucked out and got a few heavy bricks dropped at opportune times so that I could use my boss spec Play of the Game.

I also found Toland's spirit while platforming down to the encounter..  It kinda freaked me out because his wisp resembles a Taken protective ward and I usually either shoot those things or avoid them.

I never really think about increasing my mobility for stuff like this. I should keep that in mind for the future. Last week's jumping didn't feel nearly as bad as this week's to me. It still wasn't great.

Interesting that you had trouble with the wizards. I kind of chewed threw them with Blade Barrage and the Edge Transit. Can't recall if I was using Vestian Dynasty at the time, but that actually works remarkably well against Taken. I suppose its why Petra gives you one in the first place.

I felt so good about beating my first AC, that I spend the rest of the morning catching up on Dreaming City bullshit.  I beat the Broken Courier mission and also killed the Odynom to get the secret triumph.  I hooked up with a group of Euros who beat the Tier IV for this week and I FINALLY fought alongside a group of randos that got the Heroic Version of the Rift Generator PE.

I think I did the Heroic Rift Generator once, and that was by pure luck of running into it during that first or second week of Forsaken.

Between all of that and completing Petra's Weekly Challenge and killing the Blind Well Tier IV boss for the week (Scorn), I almost have a complete set of Reverie Dawn armor to wear for whatever.  I'm missing the cloak. 

Now I need to start doing more Blind Well so that I can get more of the Queen's Purification Ritual bounties and start replacing the Riven's Curse mod with the Transcendental Blessing mods.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a full Reverie Dawn set yet. Then again I think I only just completed the gambit armor set a few days ago. I really need to remember and go through one tonight with the full set.

Just a reminder, but you can put those blessings on regular armor or replace the curse any mod. I only keep them the way they are because it feels like something of a natural fit. Honestly, I don't are too much for the Reverie Dawn armor outside of the helmet. I think set looks better on Warlocks and Titans. Really most of the Forsake armor sets seem to.

After that, I knocked out enough Clan Bounties to get my Clan Reward for the week.

I did my clan bounties the first day. I just let them slowly build and turn them in for the next week's reset now.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a full Reverie Dawn set yet.

I've had quite a few pieces pf RD armor since launch.  I just keep infusing them into my Prodigal armor pieces, Cayde memorial cloak, and my Foetracer helmet to raise the LL of my walking around armor.

Just a reminder, but you can put those blessings on regular armor or replace the curse any mod. 

Yeah, I have a TB mod set into my Prodigal gauntlets.  

Honestly, I don't are too much for the Reverie Dawn armor outside of the helmet. 

The DR armor for Hunters Is pretty good looking but I am partial my current look, so I just infuse whatever to keep myself up to snuiff..

I haven’t gotten Exodus Crash in a month of Sunday’s. Arc sings shows up and of course I get it back to back strikes.

Not all bad though as I finally got the Lake of Shadows strike

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I haven’t gotten Exodus Crash in a month of Sunday’s. Arc sings shows up and of course I get it back to back strikes.

We got the Fallen variant of Arms Dealer yesterday and were obliterated by the Tracer Shanks firing on us as we were trying to take out Cabal Goliath Tank #1.

The Mercury Heroic for today is The Up And Up... which is also Fallen centric and has Arc Singe as a modifier.  I just ran my Vestian Dynasty as my dummy primary and melted dudes with the Dragonfly proc until I got to the Boss, and then I just erased him and everyone around him with Arc Staff.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not all bad though as I finally got the Lake of Shadows strike.

I like both of the Sony exclusive strikes that are finally on Xbox.  Lake of Shadows and Insight Terminus are well structured and fun to run.

43 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I like both of the Sony exclusive strikes that are finally on Xbox.  Lake of Shadows and Insight Terminus are well structured and fun to run. 

Until they became available elsewhere I actually had no idea those were Sony exclusives. Those are two of more fun strikes to run through.

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Mercury Heroic for today is The Up And Up... which is also Fallen centric and has Arc Singe as a modifier.  I just ran my Vestian Dynasty as my dummy primary and melted dudes with the Dragonfly proc until I got to the Boss, and then I just erased him and everyone around him with Arc Staff. 

You have no idea how happy this makes me seeing that I'm using the Vestian Dynasty semi-regularly now.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47303

Highlights:

• Malfeasance Primeval spawn rate is being upped. The exotic ship and sparrow are no longer guaranteed drops for second and third kills.
  • We will be able to track up to three pursuits.
  • Transmat effects will be added to Collections.
  • Increasing Fusion Rifle and Sword Damage in PvE (why?).
  • Masterwork Cores from Spider Wanted bounties and scrapper bounties

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47303

Highlights:

• Malfeasance Primeval spawn rate is being upped. The exotic ship and sparrow are no longer guaranteed drops for second and third kills.

They're making the Malfeasance quest easier to start and altered the Gambit part of the Ace quest because people whined, but the platforming part of the Whisper of the Worm is still insanity personified and the hoops you have to jump through to get your hands on Redrix's Broadsword or Luna's Howl are fucking insane.

They need to make all of that relatively shit easier to get and destroy the ridiculous side business that pro players have where people pay exorbitant fees and give them account access so that they can log in and grind frustrating or time consuming mega-quests like Redrix's or the Whisper.  

People actually pay other people to carry them through the Whisper of the Worms mission... and the going rate to get a pro to get Luna's Howl for your character is nearly a thousand fucking dollars.

If I can't get it on my own or with friends, I don't need it.

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:
  • Masterwork Cores from Spider Wanted bounties and scrapper bounties

This is dumb and is once again spurred on by player whining.  There is nothing wrong with the currency sinks as they stand.  Do you wand more light or do you want a better tier?  Make a fucking decision, folks, because you can't have both.

If there is a shitty issue with a vendor it is Banshee's mods.  The only way to buy a Weapon Mod or an Armor Mod from Banshee is with Mod Components and the only way to get Mod Components is to fucking get lucky and home a shitty mod you don't want to keep is bolted into a weapon or piece of armor you don't want to keep.

Yeah I'm surprised they hven't done anything yet about mod components from Banshee.

I'm fine with the masterwork core changes. I don't think it works out completely well no matter how much you say otherwise. Besides I'm guessing they will still be rare within the Scrapper bounties and likely only be involved with either the major Wanted Bounty or the ones just before it. Basically I'm guessing it will just up the potential amount to 4-5 a week. That said if its for all or even most of the Wanted bounties then yeah I have to agree with you on it being bullshit.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

They're making the Malfeasance quest easier to start and altered Gambit part of the Ace quest because people whined, but the platforming part of the Whisper of the Worm is still insanity personified and the hoops you have to jump through to get your hands on Redrix's Broadsword or Luna's Howl are fucking insane.

Weirdly enough the spawn rate for Malfeasance didn't bother me too much though I can understand changing it. The Ace change still pisses me purely because I actually fucking did the original the day they made the change. Yeah, no idea why Whisper of the Worm is still so damn ridiculous. How bad is Luna's Howl? It just sounded grindy to me, the bits of the quest I skimmed over.

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

How bad is Luna's Howl? It just sounded grindy to me, the bits of the quest I skimmed over.

The grind is compounded by all of the quest steps needing to be done in the Competitive Crucible playlist.

High level PvP guys won't have a problem with it, but causal players making the attempt will probably find the grind nightmarish... and as if that weren't bad enough you'll have those sweat covered players bringing their shiny new guns to the Quickplay queue or one of the Specialty matches and obliterating people who just want to clear a fucking challenge..

That's why I always scan the active Roster and check people's load-outs.  Always pay attention to the meta.

I'm dreading the next IB when I see that my team of droogs that don't know one end of the gun from the other will be up against a six man team all armed with Redrix's Broadswords and Luna's Howls as primaries and Whispers as their preferred Power weapon.

JT overthinks player loadouts a little too much in regards to Crucible so I wouldn't worry THAT much (the bigger thing is to avoid fireteams of 4 or more)

The reason for Redrix's Broadsword for being so hard is a hat tip to the like only 1000 people who suffered through Competitive before they made the switch.

To me the Malfeasance change is nothing since it was exactly like when they tweaked the start of Whisper so you wouldn't get like 9 Cabal extractions in a row.

And if I was able to do the Whisper jumping you can do it JT

The more important updates are that they will finally be adding names to the Lost Sectors when you look at the map.

Oh and Festival of the Lost is starting Oct 16

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And if I was able to do the Whisper jumping you can do it JT

I know I can probably do it.... maybe..., but I also know it will be extremely stressful because I hate timed missions.  I know I will put extra pressure on myself.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

JT overthinks player loadouts a little too much in regards to Crucible so I wouldn't worry THAT much (the bigger thing is to avoid fireteams of 4 or more)

Light levels count now so I would definitely show more than a little concern.   The new raid auto rifle, Chattering Bone, appears to be a part of the new meta.  Lots of invaders in Gambit melting people with that weapon lately.

Definitely avoid fireteams of 4 or more unless you have one on your side as well.

• I finally have a full set of Reverie Dawn Armor.  Now to get rid of the Riven's Curse mods.
  • Did a little better than okay in the Crucible today.  I had one 20 kill / 2.23 ER Clash match and a 17 Kill / 1.45 ER Control match.  My lifetime ER still sits at 1.59, down from 1.60 last week when I went on my PvP slump.
  • I got a Splash Damage medal in the 20 kill match.  Two players were killed by the rocket and a third guy snuffed it to the cluster bombs.  I love my prime roll Bad Omens.
  • I got a 560 Bygones pulse rifle (Full Auto / High Impact Reserves / Counterbalance Mod) from my Weekly Gambit Bounty and have been really happy with how Bygones performs in the Crucible.  I am at 15% of the PR Headshot part of Redrix's.
  • And yes, I will take that 565 Queenbreaker Bow from that Exotic Engram, thank you very much!  Sometimes it pays to sit through one more round of Blind Well and help out another player.  I did not realize that the Queenbreaker is a linear fusion rifle.  I was stoked because now I can try to start getting LFR kills in Gambit and the Crucible.
  • My new Purification Ritual is to beat the Shattered Throne dungeon while Ascended.  Mara is clearly trying to get me killed and hopes I will take out her enemies in the attempt.  So, do I wait three weeks and make a run at the Wish Ender while doing this dumb PR mission or just go for it now?
  • The catalyst on my Colony is up to 93% now, thank God.  When it is masterworked, it is going into the Vault.

I finally finished the full armor gambit quest. Only got a Trust from it, but it is nice to finally be done with that one. It did make me turn a corner on the Apocalypse armor set. I think I like everything but the cloak after messing with some shaders on it. The match went remarkably well with me able to knock out most of the daily bounties. Not sure if my team was just that solid or if the other team didn't come together enough, but it was a shutout 2 to 0 rounds with them only coming semi-close to us during the second round where they had around half of their Primeval down while we had nearly all of ours even after their invasions. A part of me almost wishes they manged to drag it to three rounds since it would have given me the best chance of finishing up the 65 mote daily.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I finally finished the full armor gambit quest. Only got a Trust from it, but it is nice to finally be done with that one. 

Hopefully you got a good roll because now you have to win a Gambit match with a full arsenal of Gambit weapons and Trust is a damn good start.  Now you need a Kinetic Weapon and a Power Weapon.

And you ONLY got Trust?  Trust is one of the better Hand Cannons in the game right now.

Hopefully you got a good roll because now you have to win a Gambit match with a full arsenal of Gambit weapons and Trust is a damn good start.  Now you need a Kinetic Weapon and a Power Weapon. 

And you ONLY got Trust?  Trust is one of the better Hand Cannons in the game right now. 

I've had several. Wasn't super fond of them. I love how fast they fire,  just not big on the slow reload. The Vestian Dynasty loads faster despite having a slower reload speed. Is there another quest or triumph to run Gambit with a full load of Gambit weapons? I have Bad Omens (not as great as your ridiculous roll), but I don't think I have any of the Gambit Kinetic weapons at the moment. I have a tendency to shred weapons if I don't care for the roll.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've had several. Wasn't super fond of them. I love how fast they fire,  just not big on the slow reload. 

If you are concerned about reload speed, I would advise adding a Backup Mag to it.  That will give Trust twelve shots before reload and that should allow you to outlast most opponents in mid-range gunfights.  My Trust has Zen Moment and Dragonfly, so it is perfectly serviceable in PvE and PvP.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is there another quest or triumph to run Gambit with a full load of Gambit weapons? 

Yep.  There is a Triumph called Dark Age Arsenal that requires you to get a win while armed with all Gambit weapons.

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I have a tendency to shred weapons if I don't care for the roll.

So do I, especially since I am always in constant need of more Legendary Shards.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you are concerned about reload speed, I would advise adding a Backup Mag to it.  That will give Trust twelve shots before reload and that should allow you to outlast most opponents in mid-range gunfights.  My Trust has Zen Moment and Dragonfly, so it is perfectly serviceable in PvE and PvP.

Yep.  There is a Triumph called Dark Age Arsenal that requires you to get a win while armed with all Gambit weapons.

So do I, especially since I am always in constant need of more Legendary Shards.

Yeah if I had a Trust with Dragonfly, it would have been in my vault at worst. I do have a Backup Mag though I was kind of saving it for a better Bad Omens. Maybe I'll use it on Trust if I find a better one.

I will try to keep that on mind the next time I get a Kinetic weapon from Gambit.

I buy at least two Masterwork Shards off of Spider nearly every day so I like to have gotten at least 30 legendary shards a day if possible.

• Like 1

I do have a Backup Mag though I was kind of saving it for a better Bad Omens. Maybe I'll use it on Trust if I find a better one.

Backup Mag is a good general purpose mod for a rocket launcher.  I have the Tracking Mod on mine since my Bad Omens has homing rockets.  I like the rapid target acquisition in Gambit and the Crucible because I like to shoot first and am paranoid about dying with Heavy in the clip.

I will try to keep that on mind the next time I get a Kinetic weapon from Gambit.

I have always heard good things about the Hazard of the Cast, but my new Bygones has Full Auto and Impact Reserves with a Counterbalance Mod slapped on it and the weapon performed really well in the Control match I was in before heading off to work.

I buy at least two Masterwork Shards off of Spider nearly every day so I like to have gotten at least 30 legendary shards a day if possible.

Right now I buy MWCs as I need them, but that is smart.  I really should get into the practice of buying two MWCs per day so I can stockpile enough to bump up the tiers of my gear as well as infuse it.

And I must've blocked out the trauma of my Gambit play today.  I lost four Gambit matches in a row thanks to shitty invading on our side, AFK players, and quitters.. 

My Shutout daily Gambit bounty from yesterday went uncashed and expired.  I was incensed.

I cashed in the Weekly Bounty I got on Wednesday on the third loss and that's when I got my 560 Bygones.  RNG had pity on me for once.

Did Broken Currier today. Way too low of a light level to touch the Troll under the bridge but at least got that done

Game gave me three straight Edge Transits. And you wonder why I will never level up

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Did Broken Currier today. Way too low of a light level to touch the Troll under the bridge but at least got that done.

The Odynom is 585, so if you are doing no damage to him, you must be under 535.

I just saw on YouTube that there is an Odynom in the Oracle Engine mission to kill for a Secret Triumph (Aggro, No) and there is also another Secret Triumph called Twinsies where you have to kill both of the Taken Ogres within five seconds of each other.  

That is going to require either a friend or some cracker jack timing.

Hopefully Petra will give me a do over of this mission sometime soon.