DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Just now, RIPPA said:

Aww.... I have a Tigerspite. In fact it was my best weapon until last night when I got a better Ether Doctor for completing the Titan Flashpoint

I got a good roll on an Ether Doctor (Zen Moment / Rampage) last night.  It's only 543 LL but I am going to keep it anyway along with the Tap The Trigger / Under Presssure 568 Bad Reputation SMG that I got from a Prime Engram.

You guys have probably already figured this out, but if you get an item that is higher light but the same kind of item as the one you want to infuse, it only costs you Glimmer to generate the upgrade.

I infused a 564 Trust with crappy perks into my 543 Zen Moment / Drop Mag / Backup Mag weapon mod / Dragonfly Trust and was very pleased that it only cost me 5K Glimmer.  That put me back under the Glimmer cap so that I could start using my Rainmaker buffs again.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am "working from home" today so I am hoping I can knock out some stuff during the day.

I should be online around 3PM or 4PM this afternoon.  If you haven't made an attempt at Oracle Engine for Secret Triumphs or done the Ascendant Challenge and want to get them squared away, give me a holla.

Oh, and I rolled with a unit in the Blind Well that got past the Tier IV Boss for this week (Hive) so I believe I have hit for the cycle as far as Defeat the Plagues of the Well  trimphs go.

I still need to continue making weekly Blind Well runs for gear and bounty clears and because that is one of the ways you get more entries into your Dreaming City lorebook.

I didn't get a new Purification Ritual when I turned in my weekly Oracle Offering last night, so I guess I have to either do this damned Shattered Throne / Ascendant mission or abandon it for a new pick next week,

This week's AC is a pure gauntlet run.

Looks like I will be running Nightstalker / Way of the Pathfinder and using invis smoke bombs to speed run past most of that crap to save on tincture buff time. 

There are also a set of Ahamkara bones in there somewhere, so I may sandbag the first run to get the lore and then make a serious go at the challenge.

I have close to two hundred and eighty Baryon Boughs, so I can afford to burn 50 to get another tincture from Huginn.

I have 646 but I also realize you are in the Dreaming City WAY more than me so you are spending it more frequently

I got the Purification Ritual pursuit to drop for me so I got shit to do

That being said I am gonna knock simple shit out before the server work today to boost my LL

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have 646 but I also realize you are in the Dreaming City WAY more than me so you are spending it more frequently

Yeah,  now that I know about the Skull Merchants, I regularly trade with Huginn for Tinctures of Queensfoil since all of the ACs and Purification Rituals require the Ascendancy buff.

It is too much trouble to hope that idiotic randos in the zone will go through the bother of getting PEs to Heroic status in the Dreaming City for the itsy bitsy chance that I'll get a free Tincture from the reward chest.

So it is looking closer to 3:30 or 4PM rather than earlier.  If you knock out AC and the Oracle Engine stuff before I get online, that's cool.  

I'll probably take care of my Clan Bounties and Daily Challenges first before going back to the Dreaming  City content.

I did a little Dreaming City - more by accident than anything.

I went to grab all the bounties and a PE spawned right at Petra so I did that and I was at the entrance of the Blind Well at the conclusion of the PE and I poked my head in and some folks were running the Well.

I did two rounds and then the game dicked a guy over as he inserted a charge, the well accepted it and then the world just locked up so the Well never started (but you couldn't add a charge)

I also finished my Crucible stuff though that was a mistake since I forgot when I was on was peaked time for the Asian players.

I will say if my team had pulled off the mother of all comebacks in the one Competitive match I played I would have never stopped talking about it. (We fell 4 points short... and probably ran out of time.)

Rumors and speculation concerning the data dump from the new DLC looming on the horizon entitled The Black Armory.

Be warned.  Spoilers a plenty.

One thought:

Spoiler

I would love to see Heavy Machine Guns brought back as Power Weapons, but there is no way that Icebreaker or The Last Word is coming out of mothballs given the problems that surfaced when they were active weapons.

I did a little Dreaming City - more by accident than anything.

I went to grab all the bounties and a PE spawned right at Petra so I did that and I was at the entrance of the Blind Well at the conclusion of the PE and I poked my head in and some folks were running the Well.

I did two rounds and then the game dicked a guy over as he inserted a charge, the well accepted it and then the world just locked up so the Well never started (but you couldn't add a charge).

I ran into that glitch last week. Sad to hear that it hasn't been stealth hotfixed.

I also finished my Crucible stuff though that was a mistake since I forgot when I was on was peaked time for the Asian players.

I try to knock out leftover Crucible crap first thing in the morning around 5AM before I get to work. 

That is about 9AM GMT so I miss out on the Euro sweaties, but it is about 6PM in Japan so rooms are still full of Asian peak time axe murderers.

I seem to do better in the mornings than I do during my own peak time.  Probably because connection lag works to my advantage for a change.

I will say if my team had pulled off the mother of all comebacks in the one Competitive match I played I would have never stopped talking about it. (We fell 4 points short... and probably ran out of time.)

If you are going to suffer through Competitive matchplay, why aren't you grinding Luna's Howl or Redrix's Broadsword for Shaxx?

I think I am around 30% for the Precision Kills with PRs part of the Redrix's quest.  I'll be grinding the Competitive playlist part fairly soon and that's when I'll grab the Luna's Howl quest so that I can double dip.

Better to grind those quests when you are relatively unranked in Competitive, so you don't always draw stacked opposition when you are matchmaking.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you are going to suffer through Competitive matchplay, why aren't you grinding Luna's Howl or Redrix's Broadsword for Shaxx?

This is exactly the reason I do it

I am still on the "Complete 10 Competitive matches" stage. So I play 1 match of 5 as a Competitive

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is exactly the reason I do it

I am still on the "Complete 10 Competitive matches" stage. So I play 1 match of 5 as a Competitive

How far are you on the Broadsword quest or do you have it at all? 

There is also a Competitive match play part to the Redrix insanity and there is no way I am going to slug through the drizzling shits that is Competitive Crucible for only one quest.

When I get to the Competitive match part of the Redrix quest, I am going to get Luna's from Shaxx and two front that bullshit.  Hopefully I will have the strength of spirit to see it to the end.

I had a weird run of Crucible last night. I only did two matches, but they were my worst performances in a long while yet somehow my teams succeeded. There is something annoying about performing well and losing, then performing shitty and winning. My victories feel a bit tainted. The better run I had this morning did make up for it somewhat.

Mulling over whether or not to do Gravetide Summoner again. I probably will for the gear, but that is really fucking annoying and needs to be fixed already. There are at least two big Wanted bosses we haven't seen yet because of this bs.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, Eivion said:

I had a weird run of Crucible last night. I only did two matches, but they were my worst performances in a long while yet somehow my teams succeeded. There is something annoying about performing well and losing, then performing shitty and winning. My victories feel a bit tainted. The better run I had this morning did make up for it somewhat.

Yeah, I hate that feeling.  I've been in the middle of the pack in the Supremacy matches my teams have won this week, so I feel pretty good about my contributions to the victories.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, Eivion said:

Mulling over whether or not to do Gravetide Summoner again. I probably will for the gear, but that is really fucking annoying and needs to be fixed already. There are at least two big Wanted bosses we haven't seen yet because of this bs.

I have taken a Been There / Done That approach.  Not having to worry about getting the Summoner bounty done frees me up to do other shit.

Rippa and I knocked out the Oracle Engine mission and managed to engineer both of the Secret Triumphs.  The killing of the Odynom was no big thing.  I cheated with YouTube so that we knew exactly where he'd spawn and we cleared out the rabble so that no one would get in the way of us kacking him.

It was almost comical how scientific the killing of the Taken Ogre bosses became.  It had been a while since I shotgunned this mission, so I completely forgot that the appearance of the second boss is health gated to the first one. 

Once the second boss was up, we had to whittle away on the first third of his yellow bar before we could start damaging the first boss again.

We bug bit the shit out of those fuckers until they were both down to slivers and then Rippa went high while I went low.  I almost fucked up the timing because my Super ran out before my Ogre died.  I had to kill the bastard with a power uppercut from my sword.  SUCCESS~!

The Ascendant Challenge proved to be too frustrating to deal with at the time. 

The Sword Knights were more annoying than anything, but the fucking Shriekers on the gauntlet were super dangerous.  A Nightstalker with a high Mobility score melee buffs could probably smoke bomb stealth solo his way to the boss, but this encounter is best done with a full fireteam that kills the ash and trash and avoids the Knighs to save some tincture buff time.. 

Oh, and it would help of they didn't totally suck at platforming like I do.  I may try to hit up LFG to get this done tonight, but my shiny new 568 Tigerspite auto rifle with Kill Clip and Dynamic Sway Reduction is a perfectly fine consolation prize if I fall short of getting Petra's weekly shit done.

Most likely my game time tonight will be consumed with making progress on my weekly Gambit bounties and trying to get some wins in Supremacy.  I've already met the other criteria for the Supremacy game mode triumph like Crests Created and Crests Secured.  Now I just need victories.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, RIPPA said:

You are not the one with the kill 4 sword bearing Knights as a Purification Ritual

I was too busy trying to stay alive and conserve buff clock to worry about those assholes..  Those fucking things are just bullet sponges designed to waste your time.

Knowing Bungie, it is in the design for someone to burn at least three Queensfoil Tinctures on this bullshit as there is no way you will be able to kill four Sword Bearing Knights, recover the Ahamkara bones from the Ascendant Realm located somewhere in that zone, AND get the Challenge done all in one go.

I think you probably need to fabricate yourself an IKELOS shotty and infuse it up to 550 or higher for those bastards.  They should not survive too many Trench Barrel buffed full auto blasts to the face.

At least we instantly got our Tinctures back by doing that PE after our failed Challenge run

I doubt I will be on at all tonight between getting home late and the Giants game

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At least we instantly got our Tinctures back by doing that PE after our failed Challenge run

I doubt I will be on at all tonight between getting home late and the Giants game

I went back to get the last Heroic PE done that I needed for Petra's Weekly Bounty and I got another Tincture as my reward.  

So I have three Queensfoils on my Hunter right now.

I'll be on tonight, but I'll probably focus on Gambit and Supremacy.  It's my custody weekend, so I won't be online until sometime Sunday evening and then I should be on doing my usual get shit done before the Hard Reset stuff.

Festival of the Lost notes

- will be run by Amanda Holliday

- Starts Tuesday, Oct 16 with the reset. Ends at 1 PM EST on Tuesday, Nov 6

- Big feature appears to be a special version of the Infinite Forest called "Haunted Forest". Basically you get 15 minutes to go as deep into the Forest as possible. Can be done solo or co-op. Will have matchmaking.

- Starting Oct 30 there will be a quest line to avenge Master Ives (who I think only @J.T. might remember)

- When you level up you will get a Ephemeral Engram. So its basically double engram time again (since you still get a Steadfast too)

- Festival masks are back

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- Starting Oct 30 there will be a quest line to avenge Master Ives (who I think only @J.T. might remember)

Aw.  They're bumping off the bald Cryptarch from Petra's outpost in the Reef?  Fuck.  :(  I liked Master Ives.

Why can't they get rid of someone annoying like Brother Vance?

I guessed wrong that we'd get an thematically timely update on creepy Eris Morn during the Halloween update.

I hated those fucking masks, so I I am sure there will be Festival bounties that will force me to put on one of those damned things.  I also hated the fucking candy buffs.  it took me weeks to clear my inventory of that shit.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like for how much Eris has been brought up she has to eventually return in a DLC.

There are rumors that she will return in The Black Armory DLC.  The rumors of (urgh) Mara Sov living to fight another day were true, so I think it is safe to say that if the devs "strongly hint" at it, Eris will be back as well..

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- Big feature appears to be a special version of the Infinite Forest called "Haunted Forest". Basically you get 15 minutes to go as deep into the Forest as possible. Can be done solo or co-op. Will have matchmaking.

Yay!  Yet another mechanism to diss casuals and reward hardcore douchebags!  I'm sure that only grinders who are 590 LL or better and have weapons from the raid will have the best chance of surviving to the late stages of this event.

Well, it looks like I will be bouncing out of the office around 1400 or so in advance of Tropical Storm Michael even though the sky doesn't look all that menacing right now.  Oh well.  I will embrace the opportunities for government slack as they happen.

Not sure if I will be online straight away, though.  My mom may need help getting some clothes and stuff over to my dad's room at the assisted living center.