DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Considering I don't Nightfall with my Titan - worrying about my Warlock isn't going be an issue

Fuck - I still haven't done like half the Lost Sectors on my Warlock

The biggest thing is I hit 50 so now I can start taking shit out of my vault. I jumped roughly 40 light levels in two minutes.

The most awkward thing is the game wanting me to talk to Spyder - who I technically don't know exists yet because I haven't done anything other than the first mission on this character

I'm currently at 599 LL. I can go to 600, but I don't have the right piece of arm equipment yet for what I'm regularly using right now. I just sacrificed a few cores to make my Sunshot 600 so that will be nice to use again along side the Horror Story.

• Rippa and I smoked the AC with only one or two hiccups.  My overzealous jump to my doom while trying to shave seconds off of the clock probably cost us the Time Trial triumph but done is better than nothing and Rippa got to kack a few Sword Knights for his Purification Ritual so we didn't leave completely empty handed.
  • I bought a Shaxx mask from Amanda yesterday and I got the Disco Ball mask from an engram this morning, so now I can grind mask mods in the Haunted Forest when I am not robbing stagecoaches or playing Texas Hold 'Em.  I still have 6 masks left to acquire.
  • It is the end of an era... almost...  I did my usual Mars run with the Euros before work this morning and the IKELOS SMG finally dropped for me.  I love my new Seraph Weapon kill counter emblem, but I'll hardly ever wear it since I don't really use IKELOS weapons anymore.  The only Warmind DLC weapon left for me to farm is the Braytech Osprey rocket launcher.  With RDR2 game play rapidly approaching, I have no idea when I will fit in a Strange Terrain Nightfall Strike farming run, but I will probably succumb to OCD since getting the Osprey will complete my Osiris / Warmind collection badge.
  • My clan homie, Dylan, made a horrible joke about how I could now try to obtain and masterwork the catalyst for the Sleeper Stimulant now that I can fabricate all of the Seraph weapons from my Collections.  I told him to go straight to fucking hell.  I have the same amount of interest in masterworking a Sleeper as I do the Worldline Zero:  None.  The juice ain't worth the squeeze.
  • I am like 595 LL in my favorite gear I have on and I am four or five 600 infusion fodder items behind.  I need to knock out this Haunted Forest weekly challenge and put those seven Masterwork Cores to good use.
  • Riskrunner catalyst is done.  In the vault you go.
  • The game REALLY wants me to run the Shattered Throne.  I now have two Purification Rituals for that dungeon.  One requires me to defeat Vorgeth, The Boundless Hunger and the other requires me to beat the whole dungeon while Ascended AND while wearing a full set of RD armor.  I still have three RD armor pieces that still have Riven's Curse on them, but the LL for my armor pieces is 595 or more, so I'm good on that front.
  • Now that I am 590+, I really should run that stupid strike for my Malfeasance quest.
  • I got the triumph for Heroic Story Mission completions in the EDZ this morning before making my Mars run.  The only thing keeping me from running the table on EDZ triumphs is the Drained Captain bounty that Spider refuses to sell to me.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Rippa and I smoked the AC with only one or two hiccups.  My overzealous jump to my doom while trying to shave seconds off of the clock probably cost us the Time Trial triumph but done is better than nothing and Rippa got to kack a few Sword Knights for his Purification Ritual so we didn't leave completely empty handed. 

So can you go back into the Ascendant Challenge after completing it? I kind of have to kill Sword Knights as well. I managed to get three in yesterday, but you need 4.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The game REALLY wants me to run the Shattered Throne.  I now have two Purification Rituals for that dungeon.  One requires me to defeat Vorgeth, The Boundless Hunger and the other requires me to beat the whole dungeon while Ascended AND while wearing a full set of RD armor.  I still have three RD armor pieces that still have Riven's Curse on them, but the LL for my armor pieces is 595 or more, so I'm good on that front.

I was annoyed to no end when I realized I needed to have a full Reverie Dawn set to complete that fucking ritual. I did Shattered Throne twice before realizing that. Had I known i would have switched my damn armor in that last fight. Now I have to wait two weeks to try again.

You will be fine when you finally do Shattered Throne. The most annoying part is the first one because the order is rather random so you have go around searching for 7 or so bosses to kill before the pathway opens up. After that its rather straight forward though there is an annoying part featuring shadow thralls and being slowed as you walk through the corridors (the thralls don't stop respawning). When you do that I suggest Sunshot for exploding thralls.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I got the triumph for Heroic Story Mission completions in the EDZ this morning before making my Mars run.  The only thing keeping me from running the table on EDZ triumphs is the Drained Captain bounty that Spider refuses to sell to me.

Ah, for me Spider refuses to give bounties for Arcane Mind and Thyrdron.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So can you go back into the Ascendant Challenge after completing it? I kind of have to kill Sword Knights as well. I managed to get three in yesterday, but you need 4.

Yes - the only difference is you won't get a chest completing it.

And you are in the same boat as me - there are only 3 Knights that count so we have to do it again to complete that purification ritual

The good thing is that AC is one that can be soloed

• Like 2

• Gamestop got undershipped, so no RDR until tonight... damn..
  • I AM AT LIKE 599 LL WHAT THE FUCK, BUNGIE~? GIVE ME 600 BOOTS, FUCKERS~!!
  • Both the Crucible and Gambit were both pretty sweaty last night for some reason.  My respective win streaks in both are now kaput despite putting in some decent work.  My overall ER is now up to 1.62 and I am SO CLOSE to resetting my Valor for a record second time in one Season.
  • I'll still need to reset it another three times for the Broadsword quest....  Fuck....  If I don't beat the Broadsword quest this Season, it is getting abandoned.  Juice ain't worth the squeeze.
  • I tried and failed to get good with the Chaperone.  It just doesn't fit in with my PvP style, so in the Vault it goes.  I am all about rifles from mid-range and sidearms up close.  It works for me.
  • I've gotten the Arc Kills part of the Elemental Kills stage for the Broadsword done.  I'm nearly done with Void kills.  I'm surprised I didn't get Solar kills done first since I love using Blade Barrage in the Crucible.
  • I had enough Souls to buy the Petra Venj mask and the Caius mask.  I threw the Glitterball mask and the Petra  n the vault and that is where they will sit along with the Cryptographer mask in the event that I maybe collect all nine.  I have five more to go.
  • I will try not to forget that the Colonel mask has to be bought with Bright Dust rather than Souls and that I need to purchase the Rooster mask so that it counts towards my tally.  If I wait for it to drop from a holiday engram, it never will.
  • The Shaxx mask and the Caius mask are both pretty badass, so those are the ones I will wear while doing Festival shit.
  • Finished all of my Dreaming City crap for the week.  I got ambitious and picked up the Plaguebreaker bounty as the final one I needed to do for the War For The Dreaming City mission completion and it took FOREVER to get fifteen Servant kills.  It got to the point where I had to kill Anthemae myself for the Harmony because person who would beat me to the glowy ball almost NEVER used the buff to whittle down on the Servant's overshield.
  • I only have one Daily Heroic to do in order to finish all of my Weekly challenges.  Between custody weekend stuff and RDR2, I probably won't knock that out until Monday morning before I go to work.

Much like when we had ME3 and GTA V - I am going to have to pick a day or two a week to devote to Destiny

I am thinking Tuesday will be my Destiny day (along with a little bit on the weekend)

I do want to take some more stabs at the Haunted Forest this weekend. We shall see.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Much like when we had ME3 and GTA V - I am going to have to pick a day or two a week to devote to Destiny

I am thinking Tuesday will be my Destiny day (along with a little bit on the weekend)

I do want to take some more stabs at the Haunted Forest this weekend. We shall see.

I will probably have to work on Sunday after I drop my kid off, but my boss is going to let me stay home on Monday so it will be gunfights and poker all fucking day.

I'll play Destiny 2 long enough to put in my 5K and then it will be back to skinning wolves and getting into bar brawls.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was perfectly fine until Forsaken dropped and gave me all this shit to do.  Now that I'm at 599-600 I should take that idea of 1-2 days a week after next week's Festival finale (its the mission about Ives). Then I can go to some other stuff like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the incoming Fallout 76, and eventually I need to pick up DQ XI.

Oh something that happened a little while ago but I forgot to mention it.

Clearly when we do things like PEs or Strikes - you hear the same dialogue over and over again.

Some of them I quote just because they make me chuckle (Like "Inform the Genesis Mind it has guests!")

Well one day I caught my wife quoting Sloane (so yeah this must have been the week the Flashpoint was on Titan)

She has sat in the room so much that she knows the lines now too.

Last night I tried to the Prove Your Worth mission from the Wish-Ender quest solo. That one kind of pissed me off since it seemed like something you would be fine doing on your own only for the last fight to be against 3 Taken bosses (Captain, Minotaur, Ogre) at once and a hundred or so minions (including yellow bar Knights). What really made it suck was that I came close at least twice beating 2 bosses and having the third at less than 40% life. Now I have travel to LFG again at some point to get help for that one.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hit 600 on Friday night!

Congrats. Sounds we hit around the same time then. Now we are just waiting for RIPPA.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just realized that I will need to go kill Silent Fang tomorrow 

And thank you for reminding me about this. I really should knock that out tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Finally did Silent Fang again. Still so damn annoying, especially after coming close 3-4 times before finally finishing it.

Finished up my Crucible weeklies today as well. No damn wins unfortunately. I did fight in the Equinox for the first time. I never want to do that again. The terrain fucks up your map so you can barely see you enemies on it, making it damn near worthless. I

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, RIPPA said:

The game gave me a Jade Rabbit catalyst yesterday

I think it’s its way of saying don’t leave

That will take a bit of time.  It took about a week for me to get those 250 final blows with the Rabbit, but my ER also went up dramatically since the Rabbit is so lethal from long range.  You'll also get your Scout Rifle Mastery triumph in no time flat.

I got my Calus festival mask mod up to max so that's three masks I own with each of the mods fully upgraded..

The only triumph left for me is to collect four more masks.  The Festival lasts until November 6th so I should have plenty of time. 

Tonight, I'm going to knock out Flashpoint, get some Clan XP in, and then I am going to play some RDR2.

I'm sorta hoping that Spider has the Silent Fang bounty up this week and doesn't have the Drowned Captain bounty up so that I have two less things to OCD over.

I'm about 65% with the Enemies part of the Fighting Lion catalyst and I am all done with the Bounty part.  Everyone seems to have stolen my plan of using the Lion to get the Festival Grenade Kill bounty done since Purple ammo is scarce in the Haunted Forest.

I hope the ornament for the Fighting Lion isn't ugly.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, Eivion said:

Congrats. Sounds we hit around the same time then.

I think we did!

I still have some odd weapons on me that are between 592 and 599, but most of my go-to guns and all of my primary armor is 600. 

I think that only one of my RDA pieces is sub 600 and three pieces still have the Curse on them.

Now that I am 600-ish, I can start bringing up the Tiers on my armor and weapons.

The last time I tried Haunted Forest (Sunday night) it was glitchy as fuck.

As one point I ended up stick in the floor in one of the door ways - the unkillable Nightmare was just smashing at my head but since I was I guess technically under the floor he couldn't touch me. I should have just waited till my teammates got 100% and then assumed I would have warped out. Instead, after about a minute I just blew myself up with a rocket launcher.

What really pissed me off was that I didn't get credit for that level cleared. So my teammates finished with 6 and I only had 5.

Fucking Bungie