DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The last time I tried Haunted Forest (Sunday night) it was glitchy as fuck.

I went in this morning to get enough souls to buy a mask before rolling to work and the fucking waypoints were all wonky.   

My group of Euros and I could've made Branch 7 if we hadn't lost our way thanks to Blackout being up and the map being fubar.. 

We lost a lot of time trying to find our way back to our targets.

That does remind me - Sunday was the also the first time I found one of the random chests hidden around levels.

I know they are there but I never look for them because I am just trying to speed run to maybe hopefully get 7 done and get the Triumph.

This one me and a teammate found... all by dumb luck as we got lost and happened to find it

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That does remind me - Sunday was the also the first time I found one of the random chests hidden around levels.

If the chests are along the path I will loot them, but most of the time I'm just trying to stay with the team and clear branches out.

Oh, and if you finished the Ace of Spades mission, you have until Wednesday to get your complimentary t-shirt from Bungie Rewards.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know they are there but I never look for them because I am just trying to speed run to maybe hopefully get 7 done and get the Triumph.

Yeah, it is hard to speed run when you have players on your fireteam that aren't wearing masks.   The "normal forest" doesn't appear to enforce the wearing of Festival masks.  Not sure if the Firewalled version is the same.

Players wearing fully upgraded masks seem have a much higher damage output despite their debuffed LL.

I was in the Forest with two other 590-ish players that weren't wearing masks and it took us FOREVER to bring down the Nightmares.  I was 523 and had my Nightmare Killer mask on and I was MELTING the Nightmares with Blade Barrage.

Next week is the worst week for the Curse, right?  Looking at these Shattered Throne PRs that have been in my Pursuits queue for the past week is killing me.  I need to get them done.

I could also stand to knock out the Wish Ender quest, but that will be a 500 pound bench press.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

The only triumph left for me is to collect four more masks.  The Festival lasts until November 6th so I should have plenty of time. 

Tonight, I'm going to knock out Flashpoint, get some Clan XP in, and then I am going to play some RDR2.

I'm sorta hoping that Spider has the Silent Fang bounty up this week and doesn't have the Drowned Captain bounty up so that I have two less things to OCD over.

I'm about 65% with the Enemies part of the Fighting Lion catalyst and I am all done with the Bounty part.  Everyone seems to have stolen my plan of using the Lion to get the Festival Grenade Kill bounty done since Purple ammo is scarce in the Haunted Forest.

I hope the ornament for the Fighting Lion isn't ugly.

I think we did!

I still have some odd weapons on me that are between 592 and 599, but most of my go-to guns and all of my primary armor is 600. 

I think that only one of my RDA pieces is sub 600 and three pieces still have the Curse on them.

Now that I am 600-ish, I can start bringing up the Tiers on my armor and weapons.

Uhm, Silent Fang was the bounty for last week, unless its glitches up again it should be something different.

I really should use Fighting Lion when I have the grenade bounty, but I'm jut not fond of ti at all. I have seen the ornament for it though I haven;t gotten it. It looks decent.

I think today's reset is supposed to be starting the actual story mission for Festival of the lost.

That sounds about the same for me. Most of my weapons and armor run from 590-600. I think only my chest piece and cape are running at 600 as far as the RDA goes. Hopefully I get something for my helmet this week. Its actually my favorite piece from the set.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Next week is the worst week for the Curse, right?  Looking at these Shattered Throne PRs that have been in my Pursuits queue for the past week is killing me.  I need to get them done.

I could also stand to knock out the Wish Ender quest, but that will be a 500 pound bench press.

Yes, I have seen the videos for the second Shattered Throne run you have to do. That is goign to be so damn annoying I when I finally do it. Remember to take a fireteam for the second part of that quest, Prove your Worth. Its the mission on the Tangled Shore. You can solo it, but that final boss fight is a pain in the ass. I know will be taking a team the next time I try it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Uhm, Silent Fang was the bounty for last week.

I know.

unless its glitches up again it should be something different.

Well, you'll never guess what the big bounty is for this week.

THE GRAVETIDE SUMMONER~!

So, like I was sayin'....  One less thing to obsess over in D2 so that I can get more RDR2 in this week.

Yes, I have seen the videos for the second Shattered Throne run you have to do. That is goign to be so damn annoying I when I finally do it. Remember to take a fireteam for the second part of that quest, Prove your Worth. Its the mission on the Tangled Shore. You can solo it, but that final boss fight is a pain in the ass. I know will be taking a team the next time I try it.

Yeah, man.  Good lookin' out.  

First order of business will be getting the Riven taint offa my armor.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is it wrong that i was actually hoping for it to glitch again?

You are not thinking about my triumph count, man.  You are not helping.

Spider also isn't selling the Drained Captain bounty,,

Fucker..

Looks like I will be holding on to my stack of Ghost Fragments this week.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Didn't you already beat it? Is there a triumph for murdering it 5 times?

Still not helping.

But Tess is since she is selling the Colonel mask again and I have 5K in Bright Dust, so I can buy my way one step closer to the mask collection triumph for the Festival 

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That reminds me that I should see if there are any masks I want to keep and train up before its all over.

I'm debating which masks I will buy to complete the set.  I have the Caius, Ghaul, Petra Venj, Traveler, Glitterball, and Shaxx masks in addition to the default Cryptarch masks.

I can buy the Colonel mask with Bright Dust, so that will make 7 of 9..

I will probably end up getting the Will of a Thousands mask, Jade Rabbit, and Scorn masks to round it out, and then I will get the Uldren Sov mask as my final reward for completing all triumphs for the Festival event.

I have zero interest in grinding Haunted Forest so that I have enough Souls to buy the entire mask inventory.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm debating which masks I will buy to complete the set.  I have the Caius, Ghaul, Petra Venj, Traveler, Glitterball, and Shaxx masks in addition to the default Cryptarch masks.

I can buy the Colonel mask with Bright Dust, so that will make 7 of 9..

I will probably end up getting the Will of a Thousands mask, Jade Rabbit, and Scorn masks to round it out, and then I will get the Uldren Sov mask as my final reward for completing all triumphs for the Festival event.

I have zero interest in grinding Haunted Forest so that I have enough Souls to buy the entire mask inventory.

That is why I only have the one mask right now. I'm still on that first Rahool mask. I maxed it out before I got the Horror Story. I just haven't picked up anything else yet since I don't like grinding through the Forest. I really only run it so I can complete the weekly bounty. I should have just enough for another mask soon if not already.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is why I only have the one mask right now. I'm still on that first Rahool mask. I maxed it out before I got the Horror Story. I just haven't picked up anything else yet since I don't like grinding through the Forest. I really only run it so I can complete the weekly bounty. I should have just enough for another mask soon if not already.

Feel good that you do not have my ravenous OCD.  I did not give a shit about Festival triumphs until I realized that was a whisker away from completing the set, so now it is full bore until I run the table.

I know when to give up, though. 

When I realized that I had to complete a Prestige Leviathan raid to fully masterwork my Solstice armor, I was like "Oh well..  That's not getting done.'

I also don't really feel like investing fully in three characters, so all of the Warlock and Titan triumphs are not getting done unless I am really desperate for content.  

I have two masks and that is only because a chicken mask dropped from one of the engrams

OH! Speaking of drops.

I did get Cayde's sparrow from beating Silent Fang yesterday so I guess I shouldn't complain that much

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, RIPPA said:

I did get Cayde's sparrow from beating Silent Fang yesterday so I guess I shouldn't complain that much

I have been rocking that Sparrow for a while now.  OCD loves it that it goes with the Queen of Hearts jumpship, the Cayde-6 Memorial Cloakn and the Ace of Spades exotic hand cannon. 

I even had to break out the Ace of Spades emblem to be fully coordinated.

• I am bummed.  After getting my ass whooped in Survival and Countdown this morning, I had to admit to myself that I am nowhere near consistently good enough in the Crucible to be in Competitive matches without either dragging my team down or going out of my mind with rage so I regrettably abandoned the Broadsword quest and with RDR2 on my plate, I wasn't going to be able to put in the PvP time to get five Valor resets this season.  Maybe next time...
  • I thought about the Broadsword quest after I abandoned it and wondered why there even was a Competitive element in there in the first place.   Why not let Glory grinders have Luna's Howl as their endgame gun and let Valor grinders have the Broadsword as theirs?  All you'd have to do is change the 25 Competitive completions stage of the Broadsword quest into 25 completions in the Specialty Match Of the Week (Mayhem, Breakthrough, Doubles, or Supremacy) and leave everything else as it is.  I hate Rumble, but I could probably deal with the pain of grinding 25 Rumble matches better than grinding 25 Competitive matches..  
  • I thought that the return of Breakthrough would make me feel, better, but my first match was so sweaty that I haven't gone back to play another match. My team won but it was a dogfight the entire time.  it didn't have to be that fucking hard.  I'll get back into Breakthrough on Saturday maybe if I am not continuing my RDR2 playthrough.. 
  • It figures that the Colonel mask doesn't count towards the masks triumph total for the Festival of the Lost.  It wouldn't be D2 if you didn't have to grind for everything.
  • My spirit was uplifted a little with Bonus Infamy going down this week and since I have to work 4-Mid this weekend, I should be able to take full advantage of it.  I reset my Infamy yesterday and with any luck, I'll put a good dent in my Infamy over the next few days.  With my luck.
  • I also beat the normal version of The Corrupted and actually remembered to quaff a Tincture before starting up, so one of three Purification Rituals are done.  Tried doing The Corrupted as the Nightfall and got fucking merc'd.  Did Arms Dealer instead for the easy win and the dirt simple triumph.  After looking at the vids for the Nightfall Reward for the Corrupted, I'm good with giving it a pass since the Horror's End pulse rifle is an Energy weapon and I am not crazy about using EW's as my Primary and even the glowing reviews of the gun damn it with faint praise.
  • The Ascendant Challenge for the week is the upwards jumping puzzle.  You can solo it, but I am going to hit up LFG or get someone else to roll with me in a fireteam.  Strength in Numbers.
  • The only item in my load-out that needs to be bumped up to 600 is my Queenbreaker.  After that, I can start nudging the Tiers on my weapons and armor upwards.

23 hours ago, Eivion said:

One nice thing about this week's update is that we can now delete shaders super fast even if still one at time.

Scrapper Bounties being changed to give Masterwor.... ahem..... Enhancement Cores as rewards instead of planetary materials is the best thing in the new patch.

About fucking time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Scrapper Bounties being changed to give Masterwor.... ahem..... Enhancement Cores as rewards instead of planetary materials is the best thing in the new patch.

About fucking time.

I like this. Honestly, I'm surprised they added the cores to Spider's bounties when they have the scrapper ones. We really only needed one though I'm not complaining. Now we just need to them to fix a certain mod component issue.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Definitely just bought engrams from the Cryptarch to complete this quest step because I am lazy

What quest step? Please tell its not for the Ives quest because you gain pages so easily and randomly.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What quest step? Please tell its not for the Ives quest because you gain pages so easily and randomly.

Correct - I stalled at 4 pages despite doing like 4 Heroic Public Events and a few Lost Sectors so I stopped wasting my time

I got a couple of cores from the 340 shit coming from the engrams so that worked too