Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Oh, you are probably faking the offline funk when you see me log on..

I should be on tomorrow around 4PM-ish to continue grinding Infamy. Nab me when you see me online so we can try to get that 7 branch shit done.

Ironically enough - you are the one who always shows up as "hidden" when I get on

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ironically enough - you are the one who always shows up as "hidden" when I get on

You know why I hide, man, and since I don't have to do it anymore we will see about your Branch 7 problem tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and another week where the well refuses to give me another seed of light.

I'm not sure if that will happen tomorrow.  If we are successful getting you past Branch 7, I plan on grinding Infamy for as long as I can bear it.

I forgot that not only are Dubz and I going to try to do Shattered Throne, I believe we are also going to take a shot at completing the Malfeasance quest.  We beat the Taken Servitor in Gambit today and Dubz is now tackling the Taken Boss & Miniboss kills while I am at work.

If we don't hit the 580 Corrupted strike tomorrow, it will happen sometime after the hard reset on Tuesday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

God, the last step of the Malfeasance quest is to either get an Invasion kills % up to 100 or get an Army of One media (four kills in one invasion).

I did that twice today, so my chances of not spending a lot of time on that final phase are looking pretty good.  Two-Tailed Fox and Blade Barrage FTW~!

The third step (Dark Motes / Gambit Wins) will probably be the most aggravating since I have been forced to partner with a lot of tards lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At the pace I do Competitive - I figure I will get Luna’s Howl in 2022

Or you will kill yourself first.

As you gain Glory, the teams you fight will get sweatier and sweatier and you'll get to a point in solo play where you will plateau.

If you want to get to Legend glory and get the Luna, it would be best to yourself a fireteam that is grinding Glory.

You, I, Mis, and Slimy could probably get it done, but trying to go it alone will be maddening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well clearly you missed Mis' post a little earlier on this page...

No, I didn't.  I was just saying that MIs and Slimy are two of the sweatier guys we know that would be crazy enough to try to grind Glory for the Luna's Howl.  

We would be just as good as any other upper mid-tier team out there and even we could count on sunshine on a dog's nose luck every once in a while to have a puncher's chance of getting to Legend Glory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After taking a break I finally won another gambit match and reset my rank for the first time in Gambit. Its nice to finally pull that off. It was another match I was thrown in on, but its nice that it wasn't one where one round was already down (though we were totally fucked that first round). I got a masterworked Trust as a reward from Drifter so that was nice. Is funny since it isn't far off from the last Trust I got as random drop only the Drifter''s has range.

One thing I have to say is despite the horrible amounts of losses the past two days I do find the Fighting Lion to be a good weapon for Gambit. Its not great for Primeval fights, but its damn useful for crowd control during the mote gathering phase with how the enemies clutter so often.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J.T. said:

I forgot that not only are Dubz and I going to try to do Shattered Throne, I believe we are also going to take a shot at completing the Malfeasance quest.  We beat the Taken Servitor in Gambit today and Dubz is now tackling the Taken Boss & Miniboss kills while I am at work. 

If we don't hit the 580 Corrupted strike tomorrow, it will happen sometime after the hard reset on Tuesday.

Make sure you have  third. While I'm certain they are possible with 2-man teams or even solo, a third  should make it so much damn easier. I just tried to 2-man the Corrupted and we couldn't even get pass the elevator. Could only get to Vorgeth with a 2-man team during Shattered Throne.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Make sure you have  third. While I'm certain they are possible with 2-man teams or even solo, a third  should make it so much damn easier. I just tried to 2-man the Corrupted and we couldn't even get pass the elevator. Could only get to Vorgeth with a 2-man team during Shattered Throne.

You can actually bring in up to  six for the 580 Corrupted strike. I would advise putting up a LFG advertising for up to six players, take in three, and then have the other's join once you are in the strike.

Well, it took eight losses to get to two wins so that I could knock out the 4 Compete / 2 Victory bounty.  I did not think it was possible to be on so many teams with teammates who had no idea how to win at Gambit.

My Infamy is halfway through Mythin III, so getting another rollover will be my highest priority when I play this afternoon and when / if Rippa gets on, we'll take a few shots at Branch 7.

When I knock over the Infamy meter tonight, that will be my second reset of Season 4.  That should give me the Rogue Light triumph and another 600 / 10 Tier Gambit item.  I will do my best to get another Infamy reset in before the new Season starts so that I can fully upgrade my Gambit emblem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked swing shift yesterday and I have day shift today and tomorrow before going BACK to swing shift on Wednesday and Thursday.  I should be on by 4PM or so today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J.T. said:

You can actually bring in up to  six for the 580 Corrupted strike. I would advise putting up a LFG advertising for up to six players, take in three, and then have the other's join once you are in the strike.

I'm surprised they have fixed that glitch yet. Having done a min-raid with 3 people using six for that would feel kind of cheap though I wouldn't blame anyone. Damn thing is pretty much a mini-raid with the level it raises the enemies to. With just how far we got we took on as many bosses as there in the regular version. Honestly, I may just look to see if there is anyone running it I can join. Its how I've been doing my weekly Nightfalls.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, it took eight losses to get to two wins so that I could knock out the 4 Compete / 2 Victory bounty.  I did not think it was possible to be on so many teams with teammates who had no idea how to win at Gambit.

Yeah, you pretty much know how I feel now. That is the bs I was getting so much of this last week. I'm kind of wondering if the increased Infamy brought in a ton of newbies to Gambit. It would explain so much and piss me off just a little less. I would like to think people aren't that incompetent normally. The last half a dozen or more games I have been the top player in losing efforts killing and depositing in numbers of 50-97. I don't do too bad normally, but I know something is wrong when I manage nearly a 100 kills and motes in one match.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

When I knock over the Infamy meter tonight, that will be my second reset of Season 4.  That should give me the Rogue Light triumph and another 600 / 10 Tier Gambit item.  I will do my best to get another Infamy reset in before the new Season starts so that I can fully upgrade my Gambit emblem.


When does the next season start? If possible I kind of want to manage the two resets for Crucible and Gambit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm surprised they have fixed that glitch yet. .

I'm not sure it's a glitch.  You can get the Malfeasance quest as soon as you are able to start playing Gambit, so the six-man route is probably there on purpose to allow lower light characters to beat the encounter and move ahead with the quest.  

It would suck if your Gambit team beat the Taken Servitor, but you were only 530 LL and had to wait until you were at least 560 before you could even register damage on any of the enemies in the strike.

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

When does the next season start? If possible I kind of want to manage the two resets for Crucible and Gambit.

There is no official date for when Black Armory will drop, but rumor is that it should go live as soon as early December.   

Doesn't leave a lot of time, but I imagine that there will be at least one week of Double Valor and Bonus Infamy before the new season starts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm not sure it's a glitch.  You can get the Malfeasance quest as soon as you are able to start playing Gambit, so the six-man route is probably there on purpose to allow lower light characters to beat the encounter and move ahead with the quest.  

It would suck if your Gambit team beat the Taken Servitor, but you were only 530 LL and had to wait until you were at least 560 before you could even register damage on any of the enemies in the strike.

Its a glitch. They even suggested people not take advantage of it because it can screw up potential rewards. Besides if you are too low to damage enemies its kind of meaningless for a crew to bring you along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its a glitch. They even suggested people not take advantage of it because it can screw up potential rewards. Besides if you are too low to damage enemies its kind of meaningless for a crew to bring you along.

Eh, that never stopped people for asking for carries before. 

Pro gamers make a living off of getting content for people that shouldn't have it or don't have the skill, time, or patience to get it on their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Eh, that never stopped people for asking for carries before. 

Pro gamers make a living off of getting content for people that shouldn't have it or don't have the skill, time, or patience to get it on their own.

You make a decent point. I'm not a pro-gamer so its not something I really think about often. I have to admit despite my earlier comment I probably wouldn't mind carrying someone too weak on if I had at least 2 other decent leveled people with me. The biggest reason I might not would be because I would feel it would be rude to others unless they don't care either. Saying all of this though I would prefer they be Warlocks or Titans. Those shield and healing supers could come in handy at least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucked out and managed to join in on a 580 Corrupted strike quest. They were actually at the part where my 2-man team failed last night. After we beat that I went on to have my best run of Gambit this week with the same team. Its was nice to actually have a team of competent players. The fireteam leader apparently had been having the same issues I had this week with people who clearly had no idea what the fuck they were doing in Gambit. Unfortunately, the team had to break up before we hit the 5 win streak so of course the game rewarded me by sending me into a match with my team won a round already but was already losing the current one. Lost the final round due to the usual bs I deal. This game really does not want me to hit that 5 round win streak. This is what happened last time I was so close as well.

EDIT: Apparently, I lucked out and game didn't count that loss so I won my next match and kept the streak. Hopefully I can win a few more with it to reset again. That last match put me at Heroic III.

One thing I have to say is that penalization for losing motes in the Malfeasance quest is complete bullshit. Gambit is fun, but its also buggy as fuck and has people drop out way too damn easily. I went from team of four to two in one game because of this and lost some of motes percentage as a result. How in the fuck is that fair?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Got through Wave 7. Thank Christ.

Debating if I want to grind to finish off this third mask or not. Would probably take at least 4 more passes

Normally I would say skip it, but if you are close you might as well get the triumph.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got through Wave 7. Thank Christ.

Debating if I want to grind to finish off this third mask or not. Would probably take at least 4 more passes

I got no message from you, so I figured you got that done.

I got my second Infamy rollover after a three game win streak kicked in, but not until my teams dropped EIGHT STRAIGHT MATCHES~!!!

The sad thing is that all of those losses went three rounds.  I think I'd rather have gotten shut out and moved onto the next one than come up short in a bunch of dogfights where my team just suddenly forgot how to collect motes when in the final round when it really counted.

It wasn't all their fault though.  I had a couple of epic invasion fails but overall, most of my invasions were pretty clutch.  One time, I went in once with the Prime Evil down to sliver and got it back to 50%.  Then I camped the other team's spawn with rockets to keep them honest until my team finished melting our Prime Evil.

My favorite superhero moment of the night was Blade Barraging the living shit out of two guys who were both sitting on 15 motes and trying desperately to clear their bank.  Our team had sent in three Smalls and Large so our opponents were quite occupied.

The icing on the cake for the win that put me over the bonus was getting the Taken Herder triumph for sending over a large number of Small Blockers.  Reddit says you need to send at least 10 over in one match, but I was too busy trying to win to keep track of that.

I got a sweet 600 Bad Omens as my Infamy reset reward.  it has the same perks as my old Perfect Roll (Blast Radius tier, Tracking Module, Cluster Bombs), so I shredded my old launcher and put the Target Acquisition mod on the new one.

I didn't get as big of a jump on Rollover #3 as I would've liked to.  I cleared Guardian I and looked at the clock and saw that it was 11PM, and then realized that I'd been playing nothing but Gambit for four hours.  Time for old guys to go to bed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I got no message from you, so I figured you got that done.

You weren't on the entire time I was on so either you have double secret probationed yourself or we missed each other

I am a little irritated at myself that I didn't fully pay attention to all the bounties associated with the Festival of the Lost as I will miss the bounty one. Oh well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You weren't on the entire time I was on so either you have double secret probationed yourself or we missed each other.

I think I was on before you were, so I started playing Gambit.  Once I realized you were online, you were already in the Haunted Forest.

After losing four straight matches, I rage quit for a bit and got some of the broccoli and cheese soup I made my family for dinner, and then I went back to it.

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am a little irritated at myself that I didn't fully pay attention to all the bounties associated with the Festival of the Lost as I will miss the bounty one. Oh well.

I knew I wanted to run the table for the events triumphs, so I put a tracker on the final completion triumph to remind me to check the others. 

I'd always clean out Amanda's daily festival bounties to get progress on the weekly one because that shit gave you 40 Fragmented Souls and 7 Enhancement Cores.

Which reminds me.  I still haven't killed enough critters to finish masterworking the Fighting Lion..  On retrospect, I think I'd have rather gotten the ornament for the Fighting Lion for running the Festival triumph table instead of the Uldren Sov mask.

I think that Void Singe is up for the coming week's Hard Reset, so I will have to break out the Lion when I am running Heroic Strikes and Daily Heroic Adventures.  

Priorities for me this week barring special events are:

  1. Complete the Malfeasance quest.
  2. Get the Wish Ender quest done for Dylan.
  3. Farm Strange Terrain for the Osprey if it is in the Nightfall queue this week.
  4. Play the shit out of Gambit and roll towards this third reset before the season ends.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...