DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All this reminds me that I had by far the best Gambit moment of my life so far this weekend

We were WAY behind when the other team summoned their Primeval so I basically went into stall mode

I killed 12 guys during all my invading and we ended up winning that round.

The best part was since it was only round 1 - a dude on the other team was so pissed he raged quit out

That's what I alluded to in an earlier post. 

Any invasion that forces the enemy team to waste time not shooting their Prime Evil is a good invasion, but you can't do that if you don't give the other team a good reason to hide when they see that you are the one invading.

Give them a good reason to fear you and Pavlov will do the rest.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

If you BSed your team into winning a round, you are a good invader.

Part of being a good invasion is making people think you have something you don't. 

If you manage to sleeper one or two 15 mote guys in your first invasion, you can condition players to hide from you whenever you invade... regardless of whether or not you actually have ammo for your Sleeper.  

I have gone in once or twice with Two-Tailed Fox ammo and took out two 15 mote holders without using my super.  Then I would invade again when the next portal was active and as expected, the players gathered in one spot and took cover because they though I had rocket launcher and also assumed that someone on their team would be able to Super me before I had a chance to fire a rocket.

Little did they know that I also had my super active and I wanted them to bunch up in one spot so that I would have a chance to nail all of them with one Blade Barrage.

Point being that you want the other players to fear the sight of your gamertag, even when you aren't a threat.  Even if you don't get a single kill, your invasion will be a success if you cause the other team to waste a lot of time reacting to your invasion. 

The role of the invader is to buy his team enough time to get a win.  If you are consistently doing that, then you are doing just fine.

I've been on too many teams with guys who have guardian kills going 10+ by the end to consider myself a good invader. Generally speaking I find that the matches I win the most have me as one of the top guys deposting motes/killing enemies (I think I usually do the most Primeval damage as well) and one other person who gets a good amount of invasion kills. When my team loses it tends to be a case of morons having no idea what they are doing (taking too long to deposit,  no one invading but me, no one teaming up against the army of enemies, etc.). I might be able to bs a round, but we still lose the match itself. I'm way too so-so at crucible to be the normal invader unless the opposing team just happens to suck. Still this is all good things too consider when I'm forced to invade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've been on too many teams with guys who have guardian kills going 10+ by the end to consider myself a good invader. 

In how many matches did those 10+ kills make a difference?  I have been in matches where our invader went in and wiped out an entire team just as they banked their motes (he did not wait for us to bank and create blockers) or used the portal just as another invader hit our game (he probably should have stayed to defend our mote holders first...).

A good invader is to help you win the game.  If his kills don't buy you time to raise your Prime Evil or prevent the other team from raising theirs, he is not a good invader.

I think I just had my best Crucible/IB match ever. I was the top scorer for my team at 27 kills, I think 7 or more captures, and 3.35 efficiency. The opposing team also didn't suck with most of them being in the 2.+ of efficiency and all well over 500 LL. And that was with a lv 25 player on my team. This is a weird feeling of content that I'm just going to bask in for a bit since I know it won't happen again for a while, if ever.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

I think I just had my best Crucible/IB match ever. I was the top scorer for my team at 27 kills, I think 7 or more captures, and 3.35 efficiency. The opposing team also didn't suck with most of them being in the 2.+ of efficiency and all well over 500 LL. And that was with a lv 25 player on my team. This is a weird feeling of content that I'm just going to bask in for a bit since I know it won't happen again for a while, if ever.

I hope you took a screenshot.  I have caps of all of my really good finishes and they are few and far between. :)

• I kept getting Scrapper Bounties for the Crucible but I really didn't want to put too much time in for the IB, so I kept hitting up the Quickplay list until I completed the bounty and moved on.  For some reason, Matchmaking loved putting me into matches that were 99% done so that I would have to suffer through another match to complete the bounty and get my fucking Enhancement Core.  I didn't play that great last night.  Made the middle of the board most of the time, but my ERs were in the 1.0 to 1.6 range.  I need to do better if I want to bring up my Lifetime ER back above 1.6
  • Played enough Gambit to get myself to Mythic I.  I should be able to get that third Infamy reset if I get in some decent playtime during the upcoming Bonus Infamy period.
  • All of those videos claiming to reveal ALL CAT LOCATIONS but only have directions for eight statues, need to take their shit down.  I was wondering how many cat statues I'd actually found because I hadn't gotten a Triumph or an Emblem yet, but I also hadn't gotten a new cat bowl in a while.  I got another cat bowl recently out of a Heroic Event treasure chest and lo and behold, Shacknews had an article showing the locations for NINE statues...  go figure.. nine lives = nine statues...  I was missing the one on the tree branch jutting off from a cliff near the Harbinger Seclude.  I turned in the bowl and got a DC Shotty with good rolls as my reward.   The black cat emblem is quite pretty.  Getting the shotty was good for me because I needed a decent Void energy weapon for my arsenal.
  • Farmed not one but TWO Warden's Laws that had completely shit rolls.  The guys who farmed with me got excellent rolls on their guns (IIRC, one guy got the curated roll!), so the evening wasn't a total bust.
  • Zavala upgraded my Struck A Nerve emblem and Shaxx upgraded my Fireforged Valor emblem (oooo... it's purple....).  About damned time.  Hopefully this will be a trend and Spider will upgrade my Baron Killer emblem after the Hard Reset comes and I knock out a few of his Wanted bounties.  I've got 20 Ghost Fragments in my inventory thanks to me being a tryhard and deciding to go and loot my six remaining Tangled Shore regional chests

I'm going to get serious about working on the Malfeasance quest this week since Bonus Infamy is coming up.  Not sure how much playtime I will get, but I should be able to sneak some murder in on Wednesday, Friday, and Monday.

I'm praying that the Flashpoint is on Titan for the Hard Reset.  I just need to finish three Heroic Story missions for Sloane and I will have my Triumph seal.  I'm also dreading it because Void Singe should be coming up and I'll mostly be fighting Hive... yay....

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

All of those videos claiming to reveal ALL CAT LOCATIONS but only have directions for eight statues, need to take their shit down.  I was wondering how many cat statues I'd actually found because I hadn't gotten a Triumph or an Emblem yet, but I also hadn't gotten a new cat bowl in a while.  I got another cat bowl recently out of a Heroic Event treasure chest and lo and behold, Shacknews had an article showing the locations for NINE statues...  go figure.. nine lives = nine statues...  I was missing the one on the tree branch jutting off from a cliff near the Harbinger Seclude.  I turned in the bowl and got a DC Shotty with good rolls as my reward.   The black cat emblem is quite pretty.  Getting the shotty was good for me because I needed a decent Void energy weapon for my arsenal.

Yeah - there was only like one video I could find that had all 9. And it was only created on Halloween.

And that tree branch was the same one I was missing

I legit can't remember what I got from it since I was so focused on the Triumph and Emblem

Why does it not shock me that the two Thunderlord ornaments are for sale at Eververse and are probably locked for Silver purchase only?

The Hypervelocity rail gun skin is fucking sweet, but I'm not paying actual money for that, some Bright Dust, and a Transmat animation that's already in my Collections.

I need to learn to read a clock. I will check once the reset happens.

However - it reminded me that I needed to do Eye in the Dark

Thank you very much I will take my One Eyed Mask and break the game

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

However - it reminded me that I needed to do Eye in the Dark

Dirt simple.  Mind your barrier / health when you take damage from the Special Cursed Thralls and clear adds before you open the eye and you should be okay.

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Thank you very much I will take my One Eyed Mask and break the game

People will hate the sight of you in the Crucible.  You will LOVE IT SO MUCH~!

How many Forsaken exotics have you unlocked?

I think I am up to eight now.  One of the DARPA guys is 540 LL and has yet to get a Forsaken exotic.

WHY ARE YOU SELLING THE FUCKING SILENT FANG BOUNTY SO SOON, SPIDER~?  FUCK~!

THE FLASHPOINT IS ON FUCKING MERCURY THIS WEE AND I HATE THAT SHIT~! YOU COULD AT LEAST EASE MY RAGE BY SELLING THE COMBUSTER VALUS BOUNTY~!

Well, I don't really hate it THAT much since I apparently have some Triumph related work to do on Mercury.  I've been slacking on completing PEs, HPEs, and Brother Vance bounties.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I slack on everything that isn't Flashpoint related on all planets.

I see no Thunderlord ornaments at Tess so I am not sure where you are seeing that.

She has two packages in her Bright Engrams and Packages that cost Silver aka Real Money in her inventory.   The packages both contain one Thunderlord ornament, a Transmat mask for your jumpship, and a quantity of Bright Dust.

One of the packages is called the Faster than Speed package.  It has the Hypervelocity ornament.

Not sure of what the other one is called, but it has the Tlaloc's Wrath ornament.

CAVEAT:  if you are trying to see them on the D2 companion app, you can't.  The database isn't updated so the Thunderlord and everything related to the Thunderlord shows up on the app as Classified.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I never look in the packages since I will never buy silver so that explains that

I won't ever buy Silver either.   Whenever an item has an ornament, I'm always curious about how it will look when the ornament is applied.

Exotics wise, I still don't have ornaments for Prometheus Lens, Borealis, or the Fighting Lion.

My Gambit career has taught me that the Hazard of the Cast is the rare item drop and the Trust ornament is the rare cosmetics drop.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Played one Gambit match and then hoped off.

I have to mentally prepare myself for the grind that is Mercury Flashpoint

I will hate it 900000% more because I won't be able to multitask the Spider weekly bounty with the Flashpoint.

I will also be angry because the Flashpoint is not on Titan.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hope you took a screenshot.  I have caps of all of my really good finishes and they are few and far between. :)

I never really think to take screenshots of my gameplay for anything.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

All of those videos claiming to reveal ALL CAT LOCATIONS but only have directions for eight statues, need to take their shit down.  I was wondering how many cat statues I'd actually found because I hadn't gotten a Triumph or an Emblem yet, but I also hadn't gotten a new cat bowl in a while.  I got another cat bowl recently out of a Heroic Event treasure chest and lo and behold, Shacknews had an article showing the locations for NINE statues...  go figure.. nine lives = nine statues...  I was missing the one on the tree branch jutting off from a cliff near the Harbinger Seclude.  I turned in the bowl and got a DC Shotty with good rolls as my reward.   The black cat emblem is quite pretty.  Getting the shotty was good for me because I needed a decent Void energy weapon for my arsenal.

There are 9 of these things? Huh, I thought there were ten. I did one early on and have around nine gifts now. I actually can't hold anymore past nine. I guess they are repeatable. I really should take the time to do those if only for the triumph and an open slot in my pursuit inventory.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm going to get serious about working on the Malfeasance quest this week since Bonus Infamy is coming up.  Not sure how much playtime I will get, but I should be able to sneak some murder in on Wednesday, Friday, and Monday.

I have really enjoyed Malfeasance in Gambit and anything Taken related. It really is great for offing blockers and a solid weapon against regular enemies as well if you are decent at precision shooting.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

There are 9 of these things? Huh, I thought there were ten. I did one early on and have around nine gifts now. I actually can't hold anymore past nine. I guess they are repeatable. I really should take the time to do those if only for the triumph and an open slot in my pursuit inventory.

They aren't repeatable.

There are exactly nine to go with the whole "Cats have 9 lives" thing

And like JT said - the emblem you get is really nice

The pain in my head.  where to begin...

• If you hadn't noticed, the Crucible was REALLY sweaty yesterday.  A clan mate and I got utterly destroyed by a disgustingly stacked four man while playing Breakthrough yesterday..  But it was highly educational.  So much so that when we were up against a team of randos on the very same map in the next match, we got four or five Plow The Road medals.  He finished with 43 murders and I got 31 kills with a 6.20 ER.  My Overall ER is still a 1.58 which is down a bit from my peak during the IB before last weeks.
  • Between rolling with blueberries and DARPA homies, I went 6-7 in Gambit yesterday and the victories / bounty cash-ins  got my Infamy up to Mythic I.  I tried to sneak a match this morning to push my Terminator bounty along (get 10 Killmonger Medals) and my team lost a hearbreaker that three of us knew we should have won.  We literally had ten motes before we summoned and lo and behold some player with the gamertag of Sugarfoota IS STILL OUTTHERE COLLECTING FOR A LARGE~!  WHAT THE FUCK, MAN~?  The three of us fired our guns into the air to get him to bring in those motes, but he wouldn't stop gathering.  Sure enough, the flood of Smalls from the other side  hit and the Invader came and he sniped that kid with a Borealis.  We were stunned.  I think our team mentally checked out during Round 2 after the first round slipped through our fingers.  I sent Sugarfoota a friendly scolding (You need to bring them motes in when Drifter says so,, dude.) but his response was a little pissy, so I'm guessing that he got messages from the other two players that weren't as nice.
  • Why am I never on the Gambit team with the single playing 600 LL rando armed with One Thousand Voices?  Probably the same reason that all of the solo randos armed with Lunas always seem to be on the enemy team.  Speaking of which.
  • Hey, Bungie,  Remember when you said you fixed the Matchmaking algorithm to make it more probable that organized fireteams would be pit against other organized fireteams?  Yeah, that shit Is not working.  
  • I'm like 1K short of getting in my 5K for the week.  With Thanksgiving weekend coming up, I'm not really sure how much game time I will really get.  I've got a ton of shit to do around the house and I think we're watching the grandkid on Saturday night.  We may go see Creed 2 on Thanksgiving afternoon.

I played two Crucible matches this morning before needing to walk the dog.

God do I really not have the desire to do Flashpoint this week

I am at the point where I might just do Gambit (along with the 3 more Crucible matches I need to do for the weekly)

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Hey, Bungie,  Remember when you said you fixed the Matchmaking algorithm to make it more probable that organized fireteams would be pit against other organized fireteams?  Yeah, that shit Is not working.  

I was always wondering if that was supposed to be a thing. That is definitely bullshit and needs to be fixed. I team up with way too many incompetents for it to be working right.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, RIPPA said:

Why yes I will take this 600 Black Talon thank you very much game

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Why yes I will take the Queenbreaker as a random drop in this Crucible match

Good shit!

I got a Gwisin Vest on Saturday during the .00000003 minutes of gameplay I was allowed to get in before going out to run errands in the fucking rain.  I normally hate Exotics that benefit only one sub-class, but I might keep the vest for Crucible only. 

I have a set of Shards of Galinor that I only wear when I play Gambit and I wear the Foetracer for everything else.

I didn't get anything done yesterday because we went to see Creed 2 and then went to Green Turtle to watch football.   I hate the Denver Broncos.

Anyway, I got up to Mythic III over the weekend.  Since today is the last day of Bonus Infamy, I am going to grind Gambit until it hurts.  I will get this third Infamy reset before the next season starts.