DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bungie hates Hunter players.

Yes, yes they do.

I did the first two missions for Festival of the Lost last night. Did the daily for Crucible via to IB which my team won and I didn't suck in. Did the daily for Mars and then like a moron did EP which lost me a good hour of sleep.

This morning I knocked out the weekly mission and a few daily bounties for Dreaming City before the reset. Then did a couple of Haunted Forest runs. Its definitely designed to take a fireteam with you. I kind of dislike that the masks don't really have any defenses. Otherwise its not that bad.

Just now I went ahead and finished up the Mars Flashpoint while wearing the Festival Mask. Did not realize EP doesn't count towards so that was a bit annoying/disappointing, especially since someone kept restarting from Lv. 6 allowing us to kill the Lv. 7 boss a good 4-5 times.

Festival of the Lost stuff is pretty fun.  I finally knocked out the missions that gave me access to Amanda's bounties. 

Some of them were pretty crazy.  I had to go into Quickplay to complete the Defeat 15 Guardians While Wearing A Festival Mask one because there was no way I was going to play an IB match 80 LL points lower than normal.

It was hilarious to see my fireteam loading into the match and all of us had Rahool masks on.

I'm all done with my IB bounties except for the Orbs of Light one.  if it gets done, it gets done.  If not, oh well because I'd kinda like to get my hands on the Festival auto-rifle because the perks and stats are badass and there is a Triumph involved if you get one.

It is hilarious that this Festival event is just a huge excuse to give everyone a copy of one of the least utilized Exotic Weapon in the game. 

The "you couldn't get players to use Fighting Lions regularly even if you offered a $50 Exxon gift card for every grenade they fired" game reviews are pretty well known and it is funny how they've given us the weapon AND the catalyst, but oh yeah you have to participate in the Festival to completely grind the catalyst.

If they were going to give the catalyst away, they could've at least thrown in the fucking ornament.

With the IB and the Festival going on, I haven't even touched the Dreaming City stuff yet.

I need to at least get some Blind Well in so that I can turn in an offering and either get some new weapons or get an RD armor upgrade with a roll I can min max better with my current load-out.

I've got two of Amanda's Festival bounties (Get 50 auto rifle kills in the Haunted Forest and Get 15 grenade kills in the Haunted Forest) that are burning a hole in my OCD and she should have more bounties available by today's soft reset...

Getting Festival bounties done is now important to me since it is tied to the Fighting Lion catalyst grind.

There is definitely too much stuff going on this week.

If we don't knock out the AC tonight, Rippa, I probably won't get to it until Monday evening.  We should try to at least get your Sword Knight kills done tonight for your Purification Ritual.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

This morning I knocked out the weekly mission and a few daily bounties for Dreaming City before the reset. Then did a couple of Haunted Forest runs. Its definitely designed to take a fireteam with you. I kind of dislike that the masks don't really have any defenses. Otherwise its not that bad.

The masks don't add to your defensive rating, but you can mod them. 

If you go into the Details screen for the item, you will see that you can add one of three preset mods to the mask that are designed to work ONLY when you are in the Haunted Forrest.

The mods work similarly to the ones in raid armor that you can swap in and out.

I cant' remember the functions of all of the mods, but I think that one of them allows you to do bonus damage against Nightmares.  I am also not sure if you can use the mods automatically.  Knowing Bungie, there is probably some hoop we have to jump through in order to activate them.

Its funny - I was wondering why everyone was yelling about a Fighting Lion nerf and then I understood.

I always enjoy when people forget that IB counts light level. Poor poor idiot who was roughly 365

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Its funny - I was wondering why everyone was yelling about a Fighting Lion nerf and then I understood.

People hated it because it was a breech launcher that used Primary ammo and it also reloads from reserves if you get a kill.  If you were good at using one, you could fire the damn thing forever.  The Special Ammo nerf was put in place to keep Fighting Lion from breaking PvP now that green ammo is at a premium along with purple.

It is a shotgun rusher's nightmare but the trade off is that it takes up an exotic slot and it is a very situational weapon.

I don't think it needed a nerf because it is a hard weapon to master and as I mentioned before, it takes up an Exotic slot..  Since the Lion is a feast or famine gun and you are making significant trade-off in load-out just to specialize as a Shock Trooper, I don't think players should be penalized for taking the time to learn how to effectively use the weapon in the Crucible.

Tired of getting blown up some dude's grenades?  Maybe you should stop fighting at a range where you are most likely to get hit by them.

Counter his short range superiority by getting good with a bow, a sniper rifle, or a scout rifle.  It's as simple as that.

If any grenade launcher needs a nerf, it is the Colony since it takes zero skill to use one.  The Colony ranks up there with Thorn, Gambit use Sleepers, and the Graviton Lance as the worst meta crutch weapons in the game.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

The masks don't add to your defensive rating, but you can mod them. 

If you go into the Details screen for the item, you will see that you can add one of three preset mods to the mask that are designed to work ONLY when you are in the Haunted Forrest.

The mods work similarly to the ones in raid armor that you can swap in and out.

I cant' remember the functions of all of the mods, but I think that one of them allows you to do bonus damage against Nightmares.  I am also not sure if you can use the mods automatically.  Knowing Bungie, there is probably some hoop we have to jump through in order to activate them.

Oh I know about the mods. That was more a minor complaint about the worthlessness outside of the Haunted Forest. Really though it wasn't anything serious. Besides what I really want is that Hunter mask from the armor set. I dont't care about anything else form the armor set but that.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

If any grenade launcher needs a nerf, it is the Colony since it takes zero skill to use one.  The Colony ranks up there with Thorn, Gambit use Sleepers, and the Graviton Lance as the worst meta crutch weapons in the game.

What makes the Colony so nerfable? I never use it or the Fighting Lion. Every time I try to use an exotic grenade launcher I find myself regretting it.

Its weird and frustrating. I just had one of my best runs on Gambit yet winning three matches in row in blowouts despite my teammates constantly stealing my motes. I was just one away from a five win streak so of course the game fucks me over by starting my next match with only three of us on the damn team meaning we absolutely get destroy round 1. A Titan joins us round 2 which we manage to take. Then came the last round. We might have won if that dumbass Titan hadn't tried to invade at that last moment (he has just died as an invader with no kills beforehand). He blocked my path from the portal for just a few seconds, but it was just enough for the opposing team to get the win, right as I fucking killed three of them with fucking blade barrage. Now I know we might have still lost, but holy hell did that piss me off to no end since we at least would have had a chance had I those precious lost seconds.

My LL has jumped up to 589 over the last two days as I have finished up the Dreaming City bounties, gained random prime engrams, and finished up weekly bounties for nearly Strikes/Crucible/Gambit. Now I need to focus on IB so I can finish the weeklies for that, and eventually do my Wanted powerful gear bounties.

I got a 589 Twilight Oath and a 591 Cerberus from the Dreaming City. Both left me a little wanting for regular PvE, but they were a great combo for Gambit.

So I just noticed something weird as I was looking through my triumphs. The game gave me the the triumph for beating all six Ascendant Challenges despite never actually beating Week Six's (did week 1's yesterday).

And of course after winning two IBs in a row its the third match where my team loses that I have my best showing at 25 kills and 1.79 efficiency.

• Like 1

So the Shattered Throne is totally a mini-raid isn't it? I've never done a raid, but that is the first time I can recall a dungeon taking nearly two hours to beat. It was annoyance and fun. The last boss was more the annoying part since it was troubling having so few places to hide and the Taken fodder seemingly multiplying faster than usual. It did lead to me upgrading my Reverie Dawn grasps and armor twice so I can't complain too much. It the first bit of 600 equipment I have. Still kind of annoyed since we beat the boss just after my damn Ascendance run out, meaning I have a purification ritual to complete still, and I really don't want to try that again, not yet anyways.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, RIPPA said:

Why yes game - I will gladly take a 562 Cerberus+1 for free.

While I was sick over the weekend, I got a 592 Two-Tailed Fox rocket launcher from one of the Nightmares in the Haunted Forest!  It hits like a runaway train!

I think I am mostly done IBing  for this cycle.  I'll probably won't get 35 Orbs of Light before the Hard Reset tomorrow and frankly I don't feel like spamming matches in the attempt to try.  I'll play some IB to knock out the new Crucible bounties that come up this afternoon  and then I'll shift focus on Festival stuff.

I have about 80 units of the Festival currency and I plan on saving those up for the Horror Story.

Clever of Bungie to make the mask mods permanently attached.  If you want to get the triumph for unlocking all of the functions of each mask mod, you have to buy three masks.  That means more trips to the forest to farm souls.

I've routinely made it to Branch 7, but one member of the DARPA Clan has made it to 10.

I'm going to mostly work on Haunted Forrest stuff tonight, but I still need to complete the Ascendant Challenge for the week, so if you are up for it, Rippa, we can try to get your Sword Knight kills and beat that challenge tonight if you haven't done it already and aren't watching RAW.  I may crap out around 10PM to catch the second hour of RAW.

• Like 1

I haven’t made it past 6 yet. I just need to do 7 so I can get the Triumph and then I won’t care.

Need to do 3 more IB matches - whatever else I complete in those matches is gravy.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I haven’t made it past 6 yet. I just need to do 7 so I can get the Triumph and then I won’t care.

The Horror Story auto rifle not only has good perks, it is a 600 LL weapon that is also masterworked. 

If you don't care about getting one, you should.  

You can either make it a part of your load-out or infuse one into your favorite weapon to get it up to 600.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I figure by the time I get to 7 I will have more than enough to get Horror Story

I hit up LFG and got into a group doing the Firewalled (non-Matchmaking) version of the Forest and we got to 7 on our first try.

Hit me up this afternoon if you still need the Ascendant Challenge.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Eivion said:

What makes the Colony so nerfable? I never use it or the Fighting Lion. Every time I try to use an exotic grenade launcher I find myself regretting it.

The Colony is a noob tube that takes zero skill in order to be proficient with it.

The Fighting Lion takes a lot of patience to master and it rewards the skilled player.  

I prefer not to penalize the player that makes the effort to get good.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course how much I play after Thursday is a different story too

Yeah, my Thursday gameage will probably be shot thanks to installation and then I will be busy robbing stagecoaches and skinning snakes to make money.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Eivion said:

So the Shattered Throne is totally a mini-raid isn't it? I've never done a raid, but that is the first time I can recall a dungeon taking nearly two hours to beat. It was annoyance and fun. The last boss was more the annoying part since it was troubling having so few places to hide and the Taken fodder seemingly multiplying faster than usual. It did lead to me upgrading my Reverie Dawn grasps and armor twice so I can't complain too much. It the first bit of 600 equipment I have. Still kind of annoyed since we beat the boss just after my damn Ascendance run out, meaning I have a purification ritual to complete still, and I really don't want to try that again, not yet anyways.

Glad to hear this info.

I've got the PR for Shattered Throne, but I have no idea how to access the dungeon or how long it would take to clear.

I kinda figured I'd need to wait until the final boss fight to drink my Tincture to make sure the PR procs complete.

Oh ran into my first 600 player this weekend in the IB

No real big deal except the fact that he had some sort of perk that instantly refilled his shoulder tackle as I watched him kill myself and 2 other dudes with shoulder tackles before I respawned

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No real big deal except the fact that he had some sort of perk that instantly refilled his shoulder tackle as I watched him kill myself and 2 other dudes with shoulder tackles before I respawned

He was probably running the Skullfort.  I have been vaporized a lot lately by those assholes.

Now that Shoulder Charges are 1HKs again, kills via Shoulder Charge give you another Shoulder Charge immediately thanks to the exotic perk on the Skullfort.  Arc ability kills from grenades and Supers also recharge Shoulder Charge, IIRC.

I have seen Titans fucking charge skate through two or three guys at the same time.  This exotic is getting just as bad as the Karnsteins were in PvP, so II predict a nerf on the horizon.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know Skullfort is broken when using the missile - I didn't think about it translating to the other melees too.

Might need to pull something out of my vault tonight...

Players running Skullforts also wear the ornament so you can't really tell which helmet it is from first glance.

This is why you ALWASYS check rosters before PvP starts to see who is running what.

In the ultimate in gross displays of min / max, Skullforts have also made Shotguns with the Grave Robber perk very popular amongst Strikers. 

Grave Robber fills a portion of your magazine every time you get a melee kill, so now you have Strikers armed with a KW shotty and an EW shotty (both with Grave Robber) starting off with shotgun rush tactics, firing their shotguns until both are empty and then switching to Infinite Sholder Tackles, Supers, and Grenades.. 

They use their abilities until their weapons are fully reloaded and then they go back to shotgun rushing.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

While I was sick over the weekend, I got a 592 Two-Tailed Fox rocket launcher from one of the Nightmares in the Haunted Forest!  It hits like a runaway train!

I think I am mostly done IBing  for this cycle.  I'll probably won't get 35 Orbs of Light before the Hard Reset tomorrow and frankly I don't feel like spamming matches in the attempt to try.  I'll play some IB to knock out the new Crucible bounties that come up this afternoon  and then I'll shift focus on Festival stuff.

I have about 80 units of the Festival currency and I plan on saving those up for the Horror Story.

Clever of Bungie to make the mask mods permanently attached.  If you want to get the triumph for unlocking all of the functions of each mask mod, you have to buy three masks.  That means more trips to the forrest to farm souls.

I've routinely made it to Branch 7, but one member of the DARPA Clan has made it to 10.

Congrats on the Two-Tailed Fox. Even though I would rarely use it I want that one so bad.

You are basically at the same point with IB as me. I gave up on the orbs the last time as well. I just don't love Crucible enough to grind that much though I enjoy much more than I used to.

I'm at 104 souls. After I get the Horror Story I have no idea if i will continue to do Haunted Forest or not. I suppose it would be nice to try some of the other masks.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Horror Story auto rifle not only has good perks, it is a 600 LL weapon that is also masterworked. 

If you don't care about getting one, you should.  

You can either make it a part of your load-out or infuse one into your favorite weapon to get it up to 600.

I'm planning to get one since auto-rifles were a goto for me until Forsaken and the Cerberus+1 has renewed my love of them. I will say that unfortunately you can't use Horror Story for Infusion material from what I've heard. Of course this doesn't matter too much me now since I'm actually only 4 away from 600 :)

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Colony is a noob tube that takes zero skill in order to be proficient with it.

The Fighting Lion takes a lot of patience to master and it rewards the skilled player.  

I prefer not to penalize the player that makes the effort to get good.

Yeah I ran into one of those in IB after that post. I can see why you're not fond of it, and I was only unlucky to get hit with it once.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Glad to hear this info.

I've got the PR for Shattered Throne, but I have no idea how to access the dungeon or how long it would take to clear.

I kinda figured I'd need to wait until the final boss fight to drink my Tincture to make sure the PR procs complete.

Yeah I made that mistake the first time. Definitely save it for the lats fight. I can see you fairing better than my team since you have your DARPA clanmates and RIPPA, but my team died a good 8 or more times before we beat the boss. I would suggest someone running a void Hunter for Shadowshot or really any class that weakens the enemy. Its useful for taking out the Knights and fodder quick and  early. it only took me so long since it was my first time and we sucked against the boss for a while. I think you could knock it out in an hour or less.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh ran into my first 600 player this weekend in the IB

I ran into my first 600 (that I know of) as well. The first people we killed were each other simultaneously which was totally by chance, but apt since I think we were the highest leveled for our teams.

I'm done with all of my weekly bounties sans the IB orb one, and I'm not bothering with that shit. I'm going to try for Shattered Throne again because I'm an idiot who didn't turn into his crystal to Sjur Eido to start the Wish-Ender quest, and I have a purification ritual where I have to beat it ascended anyways. I may also try to do some Gambit for the small hope of running into the Malfeasance boss. I'm currently at 596 LL. Every prime engram or powerful gear I get now will seemingly be at 600 so I should max out within a few days of tomorrow's reset.

• Like 1