DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Not a bad idea. Whenever I wasn't using the Sunshot, Crimson was one of my other exotic weapons of choice. Lucky Pants was what I was wearing throughout most of S3 as well.

So far, the most infuriating step is getting Invasion kills in Gambit.

• You don't get credit for Invading the other team's battlefield.  You have to kill an enemy player when he invades your turf.  This is dumb because your teammates will inevitably sit around and wait for a player from the other team to attack rather than invading the other team's game to steal motes or heal the Prime Evil that the other team is trying to put down..
  • Enemy invaders have like two or three Overshields protecting them, so you cannot kill them on your own.  You have to team shoot them and hope you do enough damage to get credit for the kill.
  • If you die during a Gambit match, your self revive is on a 25 second timer.  Clock wise, that is an eternity and you will miss numerous opportunities to kill Invaders if you are down when they attack..
  • Everything on the board is trying to kill you in addition to the players on the other side.  You will see lots of players sandbagging their teams and waiting around for Invasions so that they can try to score Hand Cannon kills, rather than play the game and try to win the match.

No dev at Bungie loves Ana Bray or Suraya Hawthorne.  So far, they are the the only Companions that haven't had scripted comments about Cayde's death.  Even Asher Mir had something to say and the Drifter was all IF YA GOTTA GO, GO OUT ON YOUR OWN TERMS~!

Failsafe wrestling with her grief made me very sad.  I almost turned off my console.  Amanda Holiday's sorrow also made the room very dusty.

I rarely go to Mercury these days unless there is a Flashpoint, so I haven't spoken with Vance since Cayde's demise.

People are already bitching about "being forced" to play Gambit or go into the Crucible in order to get their hands on some of the Quest Exotics like The Ace and the Chaperone.

And hey, Eivion.  I just remembered that I came across a Hunter / Guslinger player dressed mostly in Gambit armor wearing Lucky Pants and he had a mixture of Gambit Leather / Mad Monk shaders.   A very nice look for a lone gunman. 

I am far too attached to my Foetracer helmet to go that route.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

No dev at Bungie loves Ana Bray.  So far, she's the only Companion that hasn't had scripted comments about Cayde's death.

Failsafe wrestling with her grief made me very sad.  I almost turned off my console.  Amanda also made the room very dusty.

The dude on Mercuy had nothing to say either. I wasn't surprised the DLC people didn't have any comments though it definitely feels like Ana should have said something since she would have had to known Cayde.

I knew Failsafe and Amanda would hit you.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

And hey, Eivion.  I just remembered that I came across a Hunter / Gunglinger player dressed mostly in Gambit armor wearing Lucky Pants and he had a mixture of Gambit Leather / Mad Monk shaders.   A very nice look for a lone gunman.

I was using that shader and the Lucky pants in combo with the Took Offense body armor. The helm and arms didn't matter too much. It made for an awesome gunglinger look. That is partially why I was being stupid and not waiting the level cap initially. I loved that damn look too much.

I am getting nothing done.

I log in and able to play long enough to go back out and clear dailies and then that's it.

Of course it didn't help that a lot of the weeklies got reset earlier than planned.

So eventually I will go back to the Tangled Shore and kill things. At least I think I finished all of Spider's bounties on the EDZ

Oh and I got an Arc Scout Rifle with Dragonfly that I want to sleep with.

I am around 510 right now

I made it to the Dreaming City last night/early morning before I went to sleep. Its an interesting place though I can see why they have seemingly increased the amount and ways to get powerful gear. That place is not the easiest.

Are we supposed to be getting powerful gear engrams randomly or is this part of the glitch/cheat I've heard about? I've gotten at least two or more not really clearing up any specific dailies, weeklies, or story missions.

• Like 1

• I raided the three Lost Sectors in the Tangled Shores for my Dreaming City Talisman quest so that Mis won't be mad at me anymore.  Rippa is right.  The Empty Tank Lost Sector is the best thing ever to hit this dumb game.  The Wild West flavor of the new DLC is fucking great!
  • Played some Gambit and managed to kill three invaders in one match that put me over the bonus for the Ace of Spades quest.  My team went on to win that match and then we all stayed in the queue and won a second match where lo and behold, the Taken kills during the Prime Evil fights earned me credit towards my Dreaming City Talisman quest.  I like multitasking and progress and Holy Shit, Gambit is fun!  I am surprised that the Bungie devs came up with something the community actually enjoys doing.
  • Between cleaning out Zavala and Shaxx's bounties, doing all of Failsafe's bounties during the Flashpoint, knocking out the three solo Clan Bounties (no one from DARPA is on thanks to me being on graveyard for the next week and a half), and the three of four Scrapper Bounties I got from shredding Blues, I am 14 of 20 bounties complete for Ikora's Challenge.
  • I'm also 45% done for Clan XP.  
  • I made the mistake of playing Crucible on Reset Day.  Boy was it extra sweaty.  You can tell the people who are working though the Ace of Spades because they are all armed with Crimson.... like I will be pretty soon after I grind through the 250 Precision Kills I have to get in Vanguard Strikes.  The reason I played PvP during the worst time to play PvP is because...
  • I put a Hip Fire weapon mod on my kinetic damage Combat Bow that already has a Hip Fire perk and an Explosive Payload perk and I wanted to test it out.  Yes, it looks like the Hip Fire accuracy bonuses stack.  Yes, it is fucking super deadly in PvP.  If it weren't for this dumb Crucible quest that requires me to get Pulse Rifle kills, I would use the Combat Bow exclusively or at least I would after I got the PvP hand cannon headshots I need for the Ace quest.
  • I'm now on the look out for any Prodigal armor pieces that have Unflinching Bow Aim or some other archery perks that I can swap out for my arm or chest armor.  Yes, I am going to be a complete Min / Max PvP douchebag.
  • I still have no Prodigal Steps to complete my armor set.   RNG still hates me.
  • I had enough cores to Masterwork my new Quickfang.  I will re-roll it when I have more cores since the MW roll gave me extra Sword ammo instead of bonus Impact or Defense. 
  • I cannot wait to collect enough Gambit and Crucible armor pieces to get full sets to wear during matches so that I can complete my last two purple bounties and then shred the gear for the materials.
  • My new Play of the Game grenade launcher has Rangefinder and Rampage and Spike Grenades (bonus damage for a direct hit).  If it were a woman, I'd ask it to marry me.
  • When I get home from work, I'm going to pass out and when I wake up, I'm going to spam Vanguard Strikes until I can barely stand it.  When I get the 250 precision kills I need to go to the next step of the Ace quest, I'm going to hit the Crucible.  I will be capping fools with the Ace before the end of the week.  That is my goal.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The weather will probably dictate otherwise 

It's looking like the Carolinas will get the worst of Florence's wrath unfortunately. 

The 804 will get a shit ton of rain and may experience some high winds, but the weather peeps on the local affiliates are saying that a Low pressure system will divert Florence away from Virginia. 

Even so, I've got night duty this week and I am considered to be "essential personnel" in my organization, so I will be heading into work around the time Florence makes landfall.  The commute should be interesting.

I'm really concerned about what may go down south of here, because I have family and friends that could be in harm's way, including our own JL. :(

I'm hoping that the power will stay on at my 'rent's crib, but their grid is pretty sketchy.

My sister and I are putting my mom on a bus to Blacksburg this afternoon so that she can chill for the weekend at my kid brother's crib.  We'll will let her come back on Sunday if everything is okay.

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Not sur ehow they can force you to go to work with that coming, but do please stay safe. 

It's the Department of Defense, man.  We've got soldiers to train and we wouldn't be coming in to work if there weren't some certainty of safety.

If it is one thing that the DoD does in excess, it's plan for contingencies.

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I hope the same for your friends and family.

We're sending mom to the mountains to my kid brother's house in Blacksburg (he's an EE professor at VT) so she should be okay.  My sister and I will watch the dogs and ride out what little storm we get. 

Even though it's my custody weekend, I've decided that my kid should stay at my ex's.  If everything is coolio on Saturday, I'll pick up my daughter around lunch time and we'll grab something to eat and maybe catch a matinee of The Nun.

If there is anyone that deserves pity, it will be my brother because Mom will commandeer his HDTV the entire time she's there.  I hope he likes the crazy suspense joints on Lifetime Movies and the crime shows on ID Channel.

I think my boo will be down for the weekend to check on her aunt, so I will at least get to spend my conscious hours on Saturday with her before I pass out in prep for Saturday Night / Sunday Morning shift.

• Like 1

• All done with the PvE headshot part of the Ace quest and am about 8 murders into the PvP part.  It is proving to be a challenge to get precision kills with a hand cannon in the Crucible and without dying a billion times now that everybody and their brother is using a bow that has a range of ninety thousand miles, but my masterwork Crimson is getting the job done.
  • I got up to a three match win streak in Gambit before dropping a heartbreaker today.  Holy Fuck, but I love playing Gambit.  I got the Trust hand cannon after cashing in one of my Gambit weekly bounties and it is a welcomed edition to my Energy Weapon arsenal..  
  • I think I got every kind of Open World Armor boots OTHER than Prodigal boots.  I hate this game.
  • Or at least I did until I got a Void Combat Bow for my Energy Weapon slot that has Explosive Payload!  FUCK YEAH~!
  • Got enough Taken kills during today's shenanigans to get to the next step of my Broken Talisman quest.  Now I have to participate in some fucking Corrupted Ether public event.  I'll research that shit on the YouTubes tonight while we await word on how badly the death cloud on the horizon will affect weekend operations.

Oh, and don't believe the people complaining about how hard the Ace quest is as far as getting Invader kills in Gambit goes.  People think that assists don't count, but they do. 

The caveat being that from my experience, the assist only appears to count IF YOU DAMAGE THE INVADER'S RED BAR.  It doesn't look like you get credit for an Invader kill if all you do is damage his overshield.

Also, don't be like the dumb people on the YouTubes and only use your hand cannon to try to kill the invader.  The fucker has an overshield and he is hard to put down, so use grenades and your other abilities or a Heavy Weapon to take out the overshield and THEN use your hand cannon. 

My favorite tactic was to break out my grenade launcher first and then blast the Invader with Crimson once his overshield was down.

Also, don't be like the dumb people on the YouTubes and try to kill the Invader on your own.  Gambit is like the Crucible, so team shots are key.  Help your fireteam take down the Invader and eventually you'll get credit for kills.  Selfish play is its own punishment.  If you try to solo Invaders in Gambit, you'll just die. 

Remember that the Invader is another player so he has access to ALL of his weapons as well as his Super, so I repeat - DO NOT TRY TO TAKE HIM DOWN BY YOURSELF.

Yeah, not sure why people try to solo shit in Gambit. I just get annoyed since I somehow manage to miss the damn Invader every single time the team gets him. I did finally get at least one kill on an invader.

Just beat the Blood Cleaver on my own. That was fucking annoying and long. Really the most annoying part were the boss dogs. Fuck those little bastards so much.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah, not sure why people try to solo shit in Gambit. I just get annoyed since I somehow manage to miss the damn Invader every single time the team gets him. I did finally get at least one kill on an invader.

Just beat the Blood Cleaver on my own. That was fucking annoying and long. Really the most annoying part were the boss dogs. Fuck those little bastards so much.

One day I will get around to taking care of Spider's bounties.  Right now, I am doing my best not to be overwhelmed by the amount of post campaign content.  My OCD goes berserk every time I fire up my XB1, especially on Reset Day.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

One day I will get around to taking care of Spider's bounties.  Right now, I am doing my best not to be overwhelmed by the amount of post campaign content.  My OCD goes berserk every time I fire up my XB1, especially on Reset Day.

Honestly, Spider's bounties are worth doing more to finish up the Ikora's bounty and the extra glimmer. Once that is out of the way you probably just want the 500 power one since it provides powerful gear. Oh, and keep in mind they are designed for fireteams. I'm just too lazy/afraid to go on reddit sometimes to request one for these things. I still haven;t done a raid yet because of that.

Most of the players I've gamed with through LFG were pretty good although a couple were complete retards.

The one thing I would advise is to only respond to posts that are Mic Required.  That way you can tell if you're working with an adult or a squeaker that will annoy the shit out of you.

And I am sad because the Ace of Spades draws like a normal gun instead of having the finger twirl animation that The Last Word had.

32 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't use a mic myself so I can't really request that. The one time i have done it worked out well enough. I completed my first Nightfall and got my legendary solstice equipment.

I try to use a mic as often as I can. 

Funny thing is that I will jump into Xbox Live Chat with other players, but I never bother using the internal Destiny fireteam channel that nearly everyone screamed for.

Beat the Combustor Valus bounty. It was easier than the Cleaver, but not by much with all the damn enemies. It was neat that you could get shields from the shielded flamethrowers. Ended up gettign the Sweet Business out of it. Never got it it when I was in New Monarchy so its nice to have. Might actually be useful for the Scorn and general boss fights in  the Dreaming City.

I fully planned on starting to kill Barons last night but when I got to the Forgotten Shore I realized all the bounties reset so I spent a hour doing that and I went to bed.

Granted part of this is because I have that thing from Ikora where I need to do 20 bounties.

I wish this game gave me anything other than Grenade Launchers

14 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Pokes clan,

Someone lemmie in!

Done

I don't know why I didn't get the notification that new people were trying to join.

Most likely because I know the companion app has had its issues since Forsaken came out