DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yup - definitely just made another decision that is going to bone me later 

I thought you already knocked your first run out of the frame over the weekend?

*sees everyone starting to develop a late night Mass Effect setup*

*sees his schedule were he works at 6:30 in the morning 5 days a week*

*grumbles to himself*

For reference J.T., the Asarin Sentinal rules. Backlash, much like Barricade, is a fucking awesome power you won't get excited about till you fully read the power chart and figure out how to make it work. 

Choice 1

Spoiler

Told Primus to go fuck himself

Choice 2

Spoiler

I let the Salarian traitor go.

I am like 99% certain I am going to change my mind on this one in the morning

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

*sees everyone starting to develop a late night Mass Effect setup*

*sees his schedule were he works at 6:30 in the morning 5 days a week*

*grumbles to himself*

For reference J.T., the Asarin Sentinal rules. Backlash, much like Barricade, is a fucking awesome power you won't get excited about till you fully read the power chart and figure out how to make it work. 

I'm not down on the class, yet.  I just haven't figured out a build to use.

I'm not crazy about a class with two detonation powers because I like to prime my own combos, but I haven't had a chance to study the ability evolution in depth.

I am not sure I will make it online tonight.  I will do my best to stay caffeinated, but I'm kinda tired right now.  Thank God there is only one more hour left to go on my shift.  I have just enough spunk to make it back to the 'rents crib.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Choice 1

Hide contents

Told Primus to go fuck himself

Choice 2

Hide contents

I let the Salarian traitor go.

I am like 99% certain I am going to change my mind on this one in the morning

I can't remember which I chose for Choice 1. If I went the other way the final mission never played it out properly.

For Choice 2 I think you made a mistake.

Spoiler

The intel just isn't remotely reliable and even if accurate wasn't nearly worth the sacrifice. Whats more if those traitorous bastards are remotely legit in their reasoning they will give the intel up eventually anyways. Still we won't really know how much it matters until later games.

Oh and fun fact, one of the characters involved in Choice 2's mission is apparently our cut squad mate.

Yeah I was hoping that in Choice #2 I was going to FINALLY get some sort of bonus for the end. Since I have passed up at least two of those opportunities already (see Choice #1 as an example)

But I really wasn't happy with it and then I got yelled at by pretty much everyone so I am going to redo that one before continuing.

I was playing multiplayer earlier with J.T. and two randoms, and we got into a wave (5, I think), where I really have no idea how we managed to survive. I think one person was dead and the three of us were jammed with our backs against the wall, firing wildly at anything that stepped in front of us. It was just a furious, improbable rally.

How we managed to get through it was beyond me, but it instilled in me a sense of purpose I didn't know I had with this game - I was like "dammit, we're finishing this one and everyone's extracting if it's the last thing I do." I was ready to fire RPGs at everything that moved if it meant getting us out of there. We actually made it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hmm... really should have taken Jaal with me on that mission

You really need to stop being vague and say what mission or moment you're referring to. I mean you should know by now someone (probably me) is going to ask.

Is there anyone else other than JT (amongst the regulars in the thread) who hasnt finished or, like Phil, very close to finishing? 

Of course, with JT doing so much multiplayer, i wouldnt qant to speculatw on when he will finish. (I assume someone will finish their 2nd playthrough before JT's first.) :)

Yeah - I got the invite for MP today as I was on "Meridian"

Between the Draft and Rangers tomorrow - it is more likely I will finish on Friday

Got home this morning a little after midnight, ate, passed out on the couch.

Got up around eight in the morning.  Resumed activity on Eos.

Thoughts are spoilerzied for safety even though I am the furthest behind.

Spoiler
  • Marked out a bit when my Kett expert turned out to be Zaeed's kid and he sent me out on a few guerilla raids on their outposts.
  • Completed the Something Personal additional task.  Hopefully I will not regret pulling Chief Engineer Grace Lito back out of Cryo.
  • Found the site for the first Nexus News Service transceiver for the Boosting The Signal additional task.
  • Completed the Ghost of Promise additional task.  Wept..

I also need to finish gathering these mineral and plant samples on Eos for the Turian geologist on the Nexus Science Team and the Chief Botanist in Hydroponics and move on to the next planet.. 

I have scanned three of ten planetary critters for Professor Herik..It would be easier if all wildlife on every planet in the cluster weren't hostile like the fucking animals in Morrowind.  At least jump jet murdering the bugs on Eos earns me credit for the Death From Above achievement.

Then I jumped into multiplayer and blundered into one of Stout's games so we handled business for a bit before I had to get on post for my shift.  We had one match that got pretty hairy in a hurry on Wave 5 but we managed to extract. 

I got too cocky during one mission and an Ascendant ate my soul on Wave 7.

I'm pretty sure that Melraz will either enjoy playing a pure Infiltrator since he likes sniping so much.  I enjoy playing my Male Human Infiltrator a lot more now that I have a SR Scope III mod and a Widow I.

Strike Team Uniform is up to 15th level I think.  Once I get them up to 20th, I will recruit a couple more teams and send them out to farm Mission Funds for me that I can invest in my multiplayer toons.

Good to know!

I still have two or three (!)'s on my map in addition to the extra running around I have to do for the human botanist and the Salarian and Turian scientists.

Waiting until I got back from Aya to start doing Eos additional tasks was kinda worth it now that the radiation has subsided, but I have a lot of Journal tasks to eat through now.

One day I will see the surface of planet Voeld.

I am happy to report that I am remembering to get kills while hovering so that I can continue to earn credit towards the Death From Above rare achievement.

Hopefully I won't be a zombie when I get home from work and can hang until at least two or so if there are a couple of guys playing co-op.

And yeah.  When I checked my load out I noticed that I have a (!) indicator for the paint jobs for my Nomad and no matter how many times I select and deselect the paint jobs,.the marker won't go away.

I am assuming this is the bug that is fucking up my menu.

I upgraded my Nomad with Glide Mode and the uncommon Life Support mod.

No

Okay - technically it is probably better than the first game.

This isn't saying that it is isn't a good to great game (I haven't finished so a final verdict I can't make). I am enjoying the heck out of my time with it so don't get me wrong there.

Part of it is just a bias that there is almost nothing that will be able to touch 2 and 3 in my minds which are probably my Top 2 all time games.

Part of it is that it hits A LOT of the same notes as those games so for me that is more of a comforting thing than a "good" thing

Just now, J.T. said:

And yeah.  When I checked my load out I noticed that I have a (!) indicator for the paint jobs for my Nomad and no matter how many times I select and deselect the paint jobs,.the marker won't go away.

I am assuming this is the bug that is fucking up my menu.

Don't craft the advanced shields for the Nomad until you get that quest otherwise that is going to stay in your log as unfinished forever

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Don't craft the advanced shields for the Nomad until you get that quest otherwise that is going to stay in your log as unfinished forever

I am more concerned with improving boosters, jump thrusters, and all wheel drive more than I am about shields right now, but I will mox nix any work on the Nomad's barriers until I see this quest.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That must be what i did.

All-wheel drive (orange mode) is a necessity on Voeld.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No

Okay - technically it is probably better than the first game.

This isn't saying that it is isn't a good to great game (I haven't finished so a final verdict I can't make). I am enjoying the heck out of my time with it so don't get me wrong there.

Part of it is just a bias that there is almost nothing that will be able to touch 2 and 3 in my minds which are probably my Top 2 all time games.

Part of it is that it hits A LOT of the same notes as those games so for me that is more of a comforting thing than a "good" thing

I agree with someone (dan?) Who said the end was a little anti-climatic. "Is that it?" Was something i definitely said when i finshed the archon fight.