DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

My point was that it is not a difficult or rare match to find.   Anyone who wants to see this, probably has already done so.

This is just a "matches on the internet" thread. No requirement for it to be a rarity.

8 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

This is just a "matches on the internet" thread. No requirement for it to be a rarity.

This. No match on YouTube should be that HARD to find as it's all fairly accessible.

Now THIS is pro wrestling.

UWFi in an AJPW ring. Everyone may think Gary was a useless load but he was fast as shit and had an intrinsic understanding of working in a style that by all means he shouldn't have. Segunda has done a fantastic job at underlining this but I think this match does the best at it through one's own eyes.

RIP Gary

EDIT: One more thing: You take one look at the look in Gary's eyes and the scar on his face (on which I don't want to know where it came from) and tell me you don't want me to see that match, and I'll pay you to. (If I had any money right now)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Everyone may think Gary was a useless load...

What? Albright ruled. I've never seen anyone rag on him.

I don't watch much japanese wrestling besides New Japan. HAven't seen any Gary Albright. I found Gary Albright vs Misawa for whom I am aware of. There's a lot of elbows to the face, Albright hits some crisps suplexes. Watch the match.

9 hours ago, Edwin said:

What? Albright ruled. I've never seen anyone rag on him.

From what I've read popular opinion was Albright had one great match (the one with Kawada). But I tend to swim in these (DVDVR) circles and historical, let's not say revisioning, but re-understanding happens quite a bit. See: Tarzan Goto

34 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I don't watch much japanese wrestling besides New Japan. HAven't seen any Gary Albright. I found Gary Albright vs Misawa for whom I am aware of. There's a lot of elbows to the face, Albright hits some crisps suplexes. Watch the match.

That was a fantastic match, and maybe while not as viscerally satisfying as the Kawada match, had more psychology -- it wasn't as much who had the most endurance through strikes, but who had the more variation in them (including submissions more often here) and how they could get them to work. They both have very similar, bare-bones stories however, so I could be talking out of my ass, but that's what I think. It may be that Misawa is just a different wrestler. And even though I rewound that one suplex on him again and found out he didn't take it as a head drop, it still upset me. 

It's slightly more competitive than that, but not by much. There are two pretty funny parts: 

1. Albright pumphandling Misawa up and just dropping him like a piece of trash

2. Dr. Death dragon screwing Akiyama, making Akiyama fall on Dr. Death's face

What does the 'N' on Albright's singlet stand for?