DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fancam uploaded a few weeks ago this Brock/Taker Cage Match from MSG

Cagematch says the date is 9/20/03 and it is the full match

I was at that show. One time I ever went to MSG. We had good seats because business was down. It's popped up now and again over the years. 

Biggest pop of the night? Tazz coming out as a surprise to destroy Cena who was making a pro-Boston rant. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:02 AM, clintthecrippler said:

Here's Hulk Hogan and Jesse "The Body" Ventura milking the shit out of a "title can change hands on a countout" gimmick in front of a hot Minnesota crowd in 1985. There's maybe 4 or 5 actual moves the entire match, and it's frigging awesome.

Who was the blonde biker in Jesse’s corner?

17 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

Who was the blonde biker in Jesse’s corner?

I haven't been able to track down that info at all. I have asked around on a couple of the old-timer boards and no one knows. I have in my head that it's maybe a local rock radio DJ since he has the women that look like 80s rock video babes with him and the crowd seems to pop when he is sent away.

9 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I haven't been able to track down that info at all. I have asked around on a couple of the old-timer boards and no one knows. I have in my head that it's maybe a local rock radio DJ since he has the women that look like 80s rock video babes with him and the crowd seems to pop when he is sent away.

It’s a big dude! I’d figure he’s a worker...but nothing on History of WWE results states a ringside attendant. For a moment I thought Adrian Adonis because of the Minneapolis tie-in with Ventura, and because he wears those biker gloves...but Adonis did not have blonde hair until his Adorable Adrian run about six months later.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:47 PM, clintthecrippler said:

As someone points out a mere 5 posts on the comments of the YouTube page, that is Prince's former bodyguard Big Chick, who was enjoying his 15 minutes around that time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Execproducer said:

As someone points out a mere 5 posts on the comments of the YouTube page, that is Prince's former bodyguard Big Chick, who was enjoying his 15 minutes around that time.

Thanks for catching that! I typically avoid the YouTube comments section like the plague. That certainly is a local celebrity circa 1985 to pop a house!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this for a couple of reasons - first, because it's a great match. And second, because Heenan and Monsoon are at their bickering best on commentary. I transcribed the ending, just because it's terrific bank-and-forth (around 13 minutes in):

*Martin interferes, then enters ring without tagging*
Monsoon: No tag here - 
Heenan: Good clean tag. They don't have to -
Monsoon: What do you -
Heenan: They're close enough.
Monsoon: What do you mean 'they're close enough'!?
*Martin delivers a gourdbuster; leaves ring*
Monsoon: OH! Look at this! Judy came in, did all the damage.
Heenan (aside, to ref, who is Gorilla's son): C'mon, dummy!
*Kai covers for the pin; wins match*
Monsoon: Give me a break....
Heenan: What teamwork, Monsoon!
Monsoon: She cheat-
Heenan: When you're that close, you don't really have to tag-
Monsoon: What do you mean 'you don't have to tag'!?
Heenan: ...if you're tag team champions-
Monsoon: OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO TAG!
Heenan: I don't think so!
Monsoon: Don't be ridiculous!
Heenan: Not with girl wrestling, I don't think.
Monsoon: Let's go back and take a look...
*replay airs on the monitors*
Monsoon: What do you mean 'they only have to be close'!?
Heenan: Well...I mean, they're tag team champions-
Monsoon: No tag made there, as Judy Martin got a handful of hair-
Heenan: See, you know what? She's close enough to make the tag; it's just immaterial.
Monsoon: Please! SHE WASN'T ANYWHERE NEAR!
Heenan: Ah, she could've reached - it wasn't that important, Monsoon.
Monsoon: Bah!
Heenan (watching ref on replay): Now dummy gets down to his hands and knees and 'one...two...'...someone must have taught him - usually he can't count to three-
Monsoon: Please....
Heenan: Yeah, if you're that close, it doesn't matter.

• Like 2