DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

"Welcome to the haunted UFC card" - Joe Rogan.    I have to think Dana gave out a little fuck you to Joe for that dose of reality   :P

Good grief 2 guys over weight in the weigh-in and I don't think they have gotten to the PPV card. Mind you less than 1/2 pound and still workable but still embarrassing.    At this rate I am expecting Dana to just rip the set down and just cancelling the whole show

The card only has 8 total fights on the event, that is the lowest on a PPV card in years.

When Soto got moved to the main event why not just have Soto's original opponent Anthony Birchak fight Scott Jorgensen in a BW bout?

Jorgensen had already gotten down to the Flyweight limit when he was told. UFC usually doesn't do the weekend warrior MMA "go eat/drink something and then come back to weigh in" thing especially on that short a notice.

• Like 1

Probably best for him to not fight a guy weighing in 10 pounds higher then him.

But I half expected Cejudo to not make weight going into this card.  When you're having trouble making weight early in your career then thats probably not going to be the weight class your career is going to take place long term, so why avoid the inevitable and should've moved up to BW as soon as he signed a UFC contract.  Sergio Pettis was wise enough to fight at 135 as soon as he signed his UFC contract.

• Like 1

Would have been cool if there was some way possible to shift it from PPV to TV but obviously there was no time for that.  

Also contractual issues with PPV providers. Can't be canceling PPVs left and right.

• Like 1