DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Chris Kanyon does the Mortis gimmick in the WWE on a handful of house shows and dark matches in August 2003. I don't believe he ever wrestled as Mortis on television but I could've sworn there is a picture of him in a new purple Mortis costume in the 2nd edition of the WWE Encylopedia. Can someone who has the book check on this and confirm or deny it? And if it is in fact there could you maybe snap a picture of it so I can see it? I'm interviewing one of the authors Brian Shields tomorrow and I want to cite it as an example for determining criteria of who gets in and who does it but I only have the first edition. Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. It wasn't in the book it's from an issue of Smackdown magazine:

Posted Image

I was actually at of the Smackdowns Mortis wrestled a dark match at. And the guy who jobbed out to him? Austin Aries.

I saw Mortis vs Truth Martini at a Smackdown taping at the Joe Louis Arena in 03.

Meltzer seemed to hint on the latest WOR that TNA is unofficially for sale right now. He talked about there being parties currently trying to gather the capital needed to purchase it, which makes me think the Carters have put the word out, or something.

OK, here's something:  Notable before-they-were-stars dark match sightings?  I remember seeing Angle-Dinsmore in the dark match at Raw Is Owen in 1999.

I only saw one "before they were stars" but a few others that are notable in general:Nick Nemeth w/ bodyguard Rob Terry vs. Brian Kendrick on a December 2007 Raw in Greensboro.Tracy Smothers vs. Predator Tom Howard in Greensboro before a December 1999 Raw

Kendo Kashin vs. Jamie Noble as the dark match on the Angle/Brock Iron Man Smackdown in Raleigh.