DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2015-16: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS?!

Dolfan in NYC

Well, I think the point he was trying to make is that if the 2nd foot is in bounds, it gave him that extra bit of time to control the ball before going out of bounds.

If the 2nd heel is out of bounds, the call probably isn't changed.

Gonzo, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Alabama vs Michigan State: First team to 10 wins?

EVA, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

I think there's a higher likelihood this goes the way of the 2010 Capital One Bowl and turns into a Bama mauling.

CALLED IT.

I really like Dantonio as a coach and he's done a hell of a job building that program into what it is now...But 5 years later, the song remains the same: the talent disparity between Michigan State and Alabama is just too great for them to overcome. Or even come close to, really.

Give them credit, in holding Henry to 75 yards on 20 carries (although 2 TDs), they more or less did what they set out to do in stopping him from beating them. But in devoting so much manpower to it, they left themselves in a lot of one on one matchups on the perimeter, and Alabama's receivers are simply vastly superior athletes compared to MSU's secondary. On Ridley's first long catch down to the 1, MSU had TWO DEEP safeties, and Ridley just ran by them like they weren't there.

And I'm not sure there's an answer for that problem, because Michigan State's place in the world of college football is what it is, and it's really not going to change all that much, no matter how many B10 championships they win.