DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2015-16: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS?!

Dolfan in NYC

The thing to question is the month long layoff. I know why its in place, for finals and other reasons, so its not going to change. But the gap allows the cream to rise, as it gives coaches more time to plan, hot teams to cool a bit, and probably a dozen other things I'm forgetting. . . . 

My problem wasn't the match ups it was having the games on NYE.  How the fuck is half the country going to watch the first game when they are at work?  How the fuck is most of the country going to watch the second game when they have dinner/parties and other obligations going on? 

The bowls used to be on New Years Day for a reason and it was perfect. Fucking keep it that way and if the Rose or the Sugar don't like it, Fuck 'em!

Want to watch something else on ESPN tonight? Fuck you, ESPN has coverage on FOURTEEN different channels.

ESPN — Standard Broadcast

This is the normal broadcast for the game, with Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit — ESPN's primetime duo — in the booth, and Heather Cox and Tom Rinaldi on the sidelines.

ESPN2 — Film Room
Brian Griese and Chris Spielman will be breaking down the game from multiple angles, along with Florida coach Jim McElwain and "other additional guests." Dan Mullen, Pat Narduzzi and Mike Riley provided awesome analysis from a coaches' perspective last year.

ESPN Radio — Standard Broadcast
This is the standard radio broadcast for the game, with Mike Tirico and Todd Blackledge in the booth, and Holly Rowe and Joe Schad on the sidelines.

ESPNews — ESPN Voices
This is just a bunch of people — some of whom pay attention to college football — watching a game together. Last year, it was just a lot of people eating food. It was more entertaining than most of this year's bowl games.

ESPNU — Homer Broadcast
This broadcast will feature different former players watching the game together. Joe Tessitore will host former Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd and former Alabama center Barrett Jones watching the game together. Other "partisan guests" will join, too.

SEC Network — Finebaum Film Room
Paul Finebaum will host a show with analysis from Greg McElroy, Booger McFarland and Arkansas coach Bret Bielema. They will take live calls from fans, and fans can interact with the Twitter hashtag #FinebaumFilmRoom. Tune in to see Bielema talk to angry/happy Alabama fans.

ESPN Classic — Sounds of the Game
This is the live broadcast of the game, with all natural sound and no announcers. You can also watch this on ESPN3.

ESPN Goal Line — Command Center
This will be a split-screen telecast with live game action, immediate replays of every play, isolated camera feeds of both head coaches, enhanced statistics, real-time drive charts and the ESPN Radio broadcast.

ESPN Deportes — Spanish-Language Call
The game will be broadcast in Spanish by Lalo Varela, Pablo Viruega, Bernardo Osuna and Carlos Nava

ESPN3
Mock Replay Booth: In this broadcast, current ACC and SEC replay officials will join another official and rules expert to take viewers through every relay review, explaining the process and which plays are subject to review.
Pylon Cam: Pylon cam came up big in the Clemson-Oklahoma game, and it will broadcast the whole game, with camera angles on eight pylons around the end zones, along with other camera feeds.
Home Town Radio: The radio announcers for each team will be calling games on separate feeds, with customized shots of head coaches and star players.
Data Center: This feed will show analytics, drive charts, win probability updates, social media reaction and more.
Spider Cam: The "spider cam" that maneuvers the field will give fans a better view to analyze the game.
Taco Bell Student Section: These cameras will focus on "the most enthusiastic fans" in the student sections, plus bands, mascots and cheerleaders.

I like Alabama. Um, in the game, not just in general.

Clemson is a great team and Watson will provide a big challenge, but if defense wins championships, then Alabama losing with the #1 rush defense, #1 pass rush, and #1 scoring defense would be a pretty enormous anomaly.

Unless Bama turns it over 5 times like they did against Ole Miss, they win. And based on their last 3 appearances in the title game, it shouldn't be surprising if it's by multiple TDs.

Watson has to play an insanely great game, or it's Bama

Someone wrote that he needs to become a combination of Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers for Clemson to win.  Uhhhh, that ain't happening.

Seems like Clemson's defense is banged up a bit with Alexander and Lawson, too.  If Ridley and Stewart torch them early, it's going to get ugly fast.

Clemson is a really good team so I don't discount them.  But they'll have to be firing on all cylinders to win, I think.

I was all-in on Young deserving the Heisman over Bush before the game, but fully understood why Bush won it.

By the time the game was over, Bush winning looked like the study Heisman vote ever.