DVDVR Message Board

Games you wish existed (but don't)

SirFozzie

After learning that they consist of actual trained soldiers I want the next big mlitary IP to be based on the Queen's Guard. Double hard British army bastards screaming at people and cleaning house in bright here-I-am-come-get-me red bloodshed-friendly outfits. Their furry helmets enabling them to be safely fired missile-style into enemy territory, headbutt foes into the horizon or absorb enemy firepower as a literal bullet sponge*. Inspired by Luigi's Mansion's press A to call for Mario feature, one of the primary buttons will be dedicated to shouting MAKE WAY FOR THE QUEEN's GUARD.

*this could be stored up and unleashed in a devastating all-direction attack with a warning cry of 'hat tension!'

You do know they're called "Beefeaters", right?

A racing game that properly simulates a racing career. Starting in something like karting and moving your way up the different feeder series (GP3->GP2->F1 or K&N->Trucks->Xfinity->Cup)Even allowing you to switch to different forms of racing. Allowing you to sign sponsors, sign bigger contract deals, etc. Doing well gets more attention from potential sponsors and the more money a sponsor can bring in the more likely teams are willing to look at you. Even from Trans in other disciplines of motor sports. The ultimate goal becoming the best racer ever. Even comparing your stats to real racers and watching your progression up the record lists passing drivers like Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Rick Mears, Petty, Earnhardt, Schumacher, etc.

If you get four types of racing (NASCAR, IndyCar, Grand Prix and Sportscars)and maybe three levels of series for each discipline that would provide enough playability for almost anyone.

They're similar, but different. Perhaps people thinking they're beefeaters would be the justification for the Queen personally issuing them with a License to Maim to defend their honour.

After learning that they consist of actual trained soldiers I want the next big mlitary IP to be based on the Queen's Guard. Double hard British army bastards screaming at people and cleaning house in bright here-I-am-come-get-me red bloodshed-friendly outfits. Their furry helmets enabling them to be safely fired missile-style into enemy territory, headbutt foes into the horizon or absorb enemy firepower as a literal bullet sponge*. Inspired by Luigi's Mansion's press A to call for Mario feature, one of the primary buttons will be dedicated to shouting MAKE WAY FOR THE QUEEN's GUARD.

*this could be stored up and unleashed in a devastating all-direction attack with a warning cry of 'hat tension!'

Not really dude.

Beefeaters = people guarding tower of london. pikes, flatter hats, bearded fatter dudes.

Queens guard = the guys who guard the royal family's official residences. bear hats, machine guns. cant laugh, changing of the guard...

A racing game that properly simulates a racing career. Starting in something like karting and moving your way up the different feeder series (GP3->GP2->F1 or K&N->Trucks->Xfinity->Cup)Even allowing you to switch to different forms of racing. Allowing you to sign sponsors, sign bigger contract deals, etc. Doing well gets more attention from potential sponsors and the more money a sponsor can bring in the more likely teams are willing to look at you. Even from Trans in other disciplines of motor sports. The ultimate goal becoming the best racer ever. Even comparing your stats to real racers and watching your progression up the record lists passing drivers like Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Rick Mears, Petty, Earnhardt, Schumacher, etc.

If you get four types of racing (NASCAR, IndyCar, Grand Prix and Sportscars)and maybe three levels of series for each discipline that would provide enough playability for almost anyone.

One of the XBox360 NASCAR games had something like this...you could start as a contracted racer in the lowest class and has you won and got better you moved up and as you amassed winnings you could buy cars (usally in the class below where you were)

• 3 months later...

I have become increasingly annoyed by the lack of a decent, in-depth business simulator style game for the movie industry over the last year.

There are a couple games out there that scratch the surface like Showtime but they are very, very basic compared to something like, say, Out Of The Park Baseball's kind of insane depth. I want a game with that level of option and detail, but about the movie business. Like, I know it seems a bizarre stretch, but I actually think the OOTP engine reworked for totally different use would be a good place to start. It's an absolutely brilliant engine for something that is 95% spreadsheets, so much more interesting than it has any right to be due to the dedication of people that truly understand and love the subject material.The best thing about Showtime was being able to import your own custom movie posters, so if you wanted to get goofy in Photophop Program Of Your Choice you could go down a rabbit hole. But the actual industry simulation part was lame and boring after a few hours. I want the option of playing a really in depth game that acknowledges and understands the roles of the mountains of off camera people, the value of being on the tech curve, the way the business has changed radically over time, the risk/reward of hiring star actors, marketing costs. All kinds of stuff. There is no reason that as a spreadsheet OOTP-style game it couldn't be really deep and fascinating. I want to see a game made with that level of genuine love and attention to detail that is so deep it overcomes the general tedium of a spreadsheet-based game to become genuinely interesting and fun.

Nothing like this really exists.

I would also accept one for the TV business though it's the movie one I'd find really fascinating.