DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

20 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Honestly deathmatches are pretty well pointless on PS4. Everything is either unarmed/melee combat or a "parkour" thing. I can't remember the last one I did.

@Cristobal there's a setting in the game options menu to only get invites for Rockstar created/verified jobs towards the bottom.  I haven't seen a 999,999XP/$1 BILLION PARKOUR DEATHMATCH!!!!!!!!! since. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

@Cristobal there's a setting in the game options menu to only get invites for Rockstar created/verified jobs towards the bottom.  I haven't seen a 999,999XP/$1 BILLION PARKOUR DEATHMATCH!!!!!!!!! since. 

Crap, I didn't know that.  Now I know the first thing I'll do next time I'm on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jstout said:

My favorite thing to do in game chat is try to turn everyone in game chat against whatever kid is being a dick. I've had eight or nine other people chasing one poor kid around on a couple of occasions, shit-talking him the whole time.

That's a gobbage thing to do.  I tell you Stout, you're gobbage.

• Like 2

Why are the ones who are just so damn bad keep coming at you over and over and over and over? It's like "dood, are you completely incapable of learning anything here?"

Never forget that night there were at least three, maybe four of us on, and this Level 8 just kept coming at us and coming at us and coming at us, and we grew to at least admire his fighting spirit, I guess.

I just had a Level 32 keep rushing straight into my rifle. It was like "dude, this tactic hasn't worked the past 12 times you've tried it, what makes you think it's gonna work on the 13th?"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jstout said:

Why are the ones who are just so damn bad keep coming at you over and over and over and over? It's like "dood, are you completely incapable of learning anything here?"

Never forget that night there were at least three, maybe four of us on, and this Level 8 just kept coming at us and coming at us and coming at us, and we grew to at least admire his fighting spirit, I guess.

I just had a Level 32 keep rushing straight into my rifle. It was like "dude, this tactic hasn't worked the past 12 times you've tried it, what makes you think it's gonna work on the 13th?"

Bless their little hearts.  We ain't here to protect em from their own stupidity.  Fishnuts is still my favorite of that type.  Poor little fella never managed a hit, let alone a kill.

Anyway

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight!  Or possibly tomorrow night, because I'm REALLY fucking tired!  I'll finally get to make my return to freemode.  Level 12s everywhere will be asking themselves "who is this clown?" while they kill me over and over.  It's all good, though.  My profession for the next 10 weeks is officially bum, as of 4 PM today.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, jstout said:

God, I miss the days when we played King of the Mountain on the top of the Diddler Sachs mall.  So many white dots not getting the simple fact that we have sniper rifles too and we have the benefit of the high ground.

• Like 2

And we already had a Buzzard parked on the roof just in case we had to evac or if we had to chase someone trying to escape to Sandy Shores..

And we had Melraz covering us with his sniper rifle from an even higher building.

And Robert already had 911 queued up on his phone to call for a fire truck in case we had to drown passives with a water cannon.

I think about these things and it makes me happy because we really wrecked shop.  And then I get sad because our clan pretty much wrote the book on griefing.

• Like 2

Then there's the PS clan of GTA griefers, who have also taken their griefing to an art form.

At least it was inventive griefing, like ignition bombs in Simeon cars.

And the Mayor, with his campaign slogan, "fuck 'em," had a 1,000 percent approval rating while Robert and I got thrown in juvie for looking at people funny.

• Like 1

I was very happy that I got to use the "You better watch it!" Jericho line in a completely realistic manner. Also enjoyed that one guy who decided to act like Enzo, only to stop when he was called out on it.

By the way, thanks for quoting me before I could fix my typo. Now I look like a stupid idiot. 

Did anyone call him S-A-W-F-T?

XBox One peeps (all three of you): Be on the lookout for me and tell me if you notice Freemode acting jittery, with freezing and odd movements. I've seen some lag, too, but this is something different. Just see if Freemode's acting strangely.

I'm thinking that it's not my connection (though I do get kicked out of rooms sometimes), because everything goes fine when I play missions. It seems like Freemode's "overloading," for lack of a better term.

The hell kind of idiot decides to grief in a Kuruma and doesn't realise you aren't protected if the door falls off? Also, I drove up to the guy in the High Priority Car, shot him, stole the car, drove it into the Mod Shop, stayed in there for longer than it would take to just respray it, drove it out, got out, got back in my Zentorno and drove away... and your response is to get into the High Priority and try to drive it? Do you not know about Ignition Bombs?

So ... many ... Mary Lous ... so ... many ... RPGs ... so ... many ... fucking jets.

Los Santos was in a plucky mood tonight, boy. I was in an absolute pickle, just a tight spot, when suddenly "BY GAWD, THAT'S ROBERT'S MUSIC" and I was able to get some daylight.

Then it was a night of ups and downs - mostly downs - except for the deluxe plunking that got laid on The Patriot, or Mr. Patriot, or Captain America or whatever his name was. I Allah Akbared him out of his shoes a few times, but it was with a heavy heart. No, I really enjoyed kicking his ass.

Lowlight was me just STRUGGLING with this Level 50-something (McMurphy) who was just slapping me back and forth while I screamed "no more, sir" until I started to get some momentum on him and he left.

Found out the really good use for VIPs - if you're a VIP, and someone's got you on the ropes 2-on-1, just get some followers and have them come in to even (and better) the odds. Plus it helps if you've somehow rigged the game so that you're Level 8000 and have no body.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jstout said:

Then there's the PS clan of GTA griefers, who have also taken their griefing to an art form.

At least it was inventive griefing, like ignition bombs in Simeon cars.

God, I was doing that YEARS AGO during my epic journey through ignition bomb trolling.

I would booby trap a Simeon car and park it outside of my crib so I could see the explosion from my penthouse window.