DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah sorry stout I was drinkin and drivin. I did run over 3 or 4 cops that was fun. Next time we do sawmill I won't use my level 50 chick or run around in the open.

Fuck, who gives a shit? It's not like I need the money. It was a blast, which is all I want out of this game these days.

It's weird that Robert said the dude was cheating, and I believe Robert, I really do, but it's weird that I had to see it for myself. I put about four assault shotgun rounds into him and thought "hmm, Robert's right."

Later, I ambled into him accidentally as he was holed up in the front yard of a mansion with about 200 cops near him and put about 12 assault shotgun rounds into him from close range out of some kind of fear reaction - I knew they wouldn't work, but it was like a reflex. He didn't shoot me for whatever reason, which allowed me to get into passive. Eventually, both Robert and I were like "screw this" and quit for the night.

• Like 1

The best part of your tank killing was melraz had just loaded me up with sticky bombs so I could pay him a visit... and then I had nothing to explode.

So I ran around like a fool for a bit.

It would be really nice if Microsoft Live stopped acting like a bitch

• Like 1

Dave and I were surrounded by beer and grilled chicken wings women in plaid skirts at the Tilted Kilt last night.  Good times.

I am surprised that I did not wake up in jail this morning.

• Like 1

Yeah - searching for my "last kill" took me to almost midnight and I still didn't find it.

I had to bail because my son had woken up with a nightmare and he couldn't go back to sleep.

Meanwhile - I am all "Yeah - well my nightmare is this god damn jet I can't shoot down!"

• Like 5

The more days i go without playing, the less i miss it. :)

Not me.  I have not fired a shot in anger in days.   Virtual blood must be shed.  Preferably not mine.

Yea I was dying from not playing for like two weeks before last night.  I was having way too much fun on that Survival we did just blasting anything bigger than a person on foot with a RPG.

• Like 1

Yeah - that was the easiest survival I have ever done.

I mean Boneyard is a clinic right now but last night at Sandy Shore was easy peasey.

I think the only time any of us died was when I blew myself up because of the GOD DAMN TELEPHONE POLE!

I mean Boneyard is a clinic right now but last night at Sandy Shore was easy peasey.

I think the only time any of us died was when I blew myself up because of the GOD DAMN TELEPHONE POLE!

You guys made it through Sandy Shores Survival?  I am kinda pissed offf.  Everytime we tried to make it through with Fresh, we all got smoked and Fresh usually died first..

Well I had only tried Sandy Shores once before and it wasn't that bad once I found the Chinese Resturant

That time it all went to hell on like Wave 8 because suddenly everyone spawned behind us and we died in a flash.

Last night we had no such flukey spawns.

But yeah - even though I don't get check marks next to them - I am trying to complete all the Survivals at least once

You guys made it through Sandy Shores Survival? I am kinda pissed offf. Everytime we tried to make it through with Fresh, we all got smoked and Fresh usually died first..

Quel surprise

Last night was more of the usual, and it was awesome. I happened to sign on right as everyone was switching from missions to chaos. The theme of the night seemed to be explosions. It was like trying to snipe in the middle of an earthquake.

I don't think anybody strayed too far from the action at any given point, because I'd look down at the mini-map and it was just green dots galore - so thick at times that I couldn't even see the white/red dots. Some poor sap would run into a fenced-in area or something similar, and we'd basically be climbing fences from all sides like a zombie movie.

Pack of wolves, indeed. So much so that I just picture these people quoting the The Grey while they're frantically reloading their machine gun.

"Once more into the fray.

Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Live and die on this day.

Live and die on th-"  CublombianRoast has killed Cheesus

I favored the Allah Ahkbar most of the night, and managed to get one of my favorite kills with it. I drove up on a guy that had just started lifting off in a Maverick. Drove the car under it and detonated. The cherry on top was that another guy just happened to zoom up in a car and got caught in the blast.

My favorite moment, though, had to be from melraz. He and I were in a narrow alley, and he warns me that a white dot is coming. The dude comes around the corner, and it's just an unarmed guy on a bike. Now, for some reason, despite all my bloodlust, I have these random moments of compassion.

I start to say, "Oh nevermind, it's just some dude on a bike." I might have gotten three of those words out when I see a rocket whip into the wall.

melraz09 has killed [bikedude]

melraz09 has killed you

melraz09 died

Laughed my ass off. Nobody can ever accuse us of being innocent of overkill.

• Like 3

I thought you survived that one.  I saw it drop pretty much at my feet and ran like hell to get out of the way.  Explosives were not our friend from that location.  I thought for sure I would wind up shooting the sticky bomb I accidentally stuck right next to your head and wind up taking both of us out.

Poor Marshmallow, we hardly knew ye. 

I remember J.T. and someone getting on me a long time ago for shooting someone on a bike, and I was like "hey, I wanted to steal his bike."

Screw 'em. Remember the rule: Them: Bad. Us: Good. 

It started at a little before 7 when me and Chris got into some races together, then came out into the same Freemode room. I stopped to bank some money and get my bearings and Chris was already starting a mound of trouble, so I go over there and we clear out whoever's around. I'm then like "OK, who next?" and get on the big map to look around and Chris is about a millimeter behind some white dot in a car and I say to myself "well, guess he's next."

We end up on some parking garage raining death on whoever gets in the way. Some chump was on a building, so I climbed up there and shotgunned him before he could do anything to me. Robert came online and I immediately sent him an invite into the room (something I never do) because the killing was just so gosh-darn easy. Chris was absolutely a warrior - he has learned well from group Yodas Melraz and Robert. "Hmmm, kill all dots you will."

When we came back out after some racing, etc., it was more of the same, really. I had a hard time with two dudes because they worked together kinda well, but if you got them separated, they were no problem. One kept running right up to me and eating an assault shotgun blast for his trouble.

After Robert left, Mis and I found some poor kid and blew up his motorcycle five times between us - last night was horribly expensive even for an eccentric millionaire, between blowing up Zentornos and Adders and calling airstrikes (which work about 10 percent of the time, but when they work ...). Thank goodness motorcycles are cheap.

We ended the night with us two against this one guy. He would go into passive, come out, try to kill us, get killed, go back into passive, run off, fly off, whatever. He was King of the Limbertails. At the end, he made it to the beach and grabbed a freaking SeaDoo and takes off way up the coast. He's got a huge lead on us, so in desperation, I call some mercenaries, hoping they might kill him and slow him down. I get the mercenaries called in when Mis has a burst of inspiration:

"Why don't we kick him?"

"Why didn't I think of that earlier?"

So we kicked his ass out of the room. Not exactly the way I wanted to do it, but that had to have pissed him off.

Oh yeah, one dude was in passive, so I go up to try to run him over. He keeps sending me messages saying "why?" and "would you please leave me alone?" He was so wedged in I couldn't get my hands on him, unfortunately. I never responded to his messages, but I really wish I had the time to type out "yours is not to question why, yours is to die."

• Like 3

Competition was a little better last night than the last couple, but still wasn't much of a challenge.  Twice I got messages that melraz had killed somebody before I had even finished spawning into the server. 

Theme of the night for me was the old trick of killing a guy, sticky bombing his personal vehicle, and then taking him, and it, out when he came back to collect it.  I got at least 6 or 7 of those last night.  Two came right in a row on an Adder and a Zentorno.  Guy on an Akuma put a bounty on me after I interrupted his getaway attempt that way.

Stout took the classy, highbrow approach, paraphrasing Tennyson while mocking poor swagisfreak.

Only saw one clear cheater last night - the glitching jet guy that melraz and I watched fly through the ground.  More tanks than I'd like, but the only one that lasted long was the guy that got in one and then immediately ran away from us.

• Like 1

What's funny is Swagisfreak came out of passive and shot several of us. He was no lightweight.

Phil died right at the end of wave 3 in that survival - he was gone maybe 5 seconds, if that, before we finished the wave. Last time I finished that one was with, I think, Robert, Melraz and J.T., and it was a bit of a struggle. Last night's run-through was way easy, and that is really one of the harder ones.

Oh yeah, I love these assholes and their $1,000 bounties. If you're gonna put a bounty on someone, be a man about it and put your money where your mouth is.

Yeah, I was the one who was all, "They're not hurting anyone just doing BMX tricks on the beach."

My stance has been converted from Live and Let Live to Do Unto Others Before They Do Unto You.

• Like 2

If they wanna do BMX tricks on the beach, there's a place called an invite-only room where they won't be bothered by the likes of us.

If they wanna do BMX tricks on the beach with me in the room, they're gonna have to deal with me standing on Del Perro Pier trying to get some sniping practice in.

Do Unto Others Because It's Damn Amusing

• Like 2

Yeah - I think I spent a good hour constantly chasing stout to collect the bounties on him.

I was amused that right after right after I bitched about no create drops - we got two.

Of course - I was busy battling with that mece guy to head North to collect.

After Robert left, Mis and I found some poor kid and blew up his motorcycle five times between us - last night was horribly expensive even for an eccentric millionaire, between blowing up Zentornos and Adders and calling airstrikes (which work about 10 percent of the time, but when they work ...). Thank goodness motorcycles are cheap.

Theme of the night for me was the old trick of killing a guy, sticky bombing his personal vehicle, and then taking him, and it, out when he came back to collect it.  I got at least 6 or 7 of those last night.  Two came right in a row on an Adder and a Zentorno.  Guy on an Akuma put a bounty on me after I interrupted his getaway attempt that way.

Oh, how the days of us being so concerned about going to GTA jail have changed.

It hadn't really hit me until I read these posts, but I realized it has actually become standard procedure to blow up not just the POV of the guy you just killed, but any POV you see.

I laugh every time I hear something like this on the mic - "Hey...any of you guys have a blue Zentorno out right now? No? Bye bye Zentorno."

• Like 1

In my defense I didn't know the poor sap was onna bicycle. I already had my rocket aimed at the ally we were in. A bike turned the corner and I didn't have time to swap guns. I probably wouldn't of anyhoo though. I really thought that youdda lived through it Burke my apologies. That mighta been my last run on the city for a couple of weeks unless I getta get on tonight. The boss lady works in the am then she's off a couple of weeks, we're going on vakacheeon the second week.