DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

One last thing I just remembered and I'll shut up for the day. I almost dropped the controller from laughing.

I think the rest of you guys were up around Trevor's airfield fighting some guys. Mis and I went to the heli-tours place down South to chopper up there. We each get in our own Annihilators and take off. A few seconds go by and Mis goes, "Dammit Burke, you're gonna have to come pick me up. I accidentally dove out of the chopper and it crashed."

So I go pick him up and climb a little bit. I might have made it two city blocks when I see his body tumble out the passenger side.

Click it or ticket, Mis.

Ha!  Okay this makes me feel slightly better about doing missions with Mis before anyone else got online and accidentally para shooting out of a helicopter about 10 seconds after taking off, leaving Mis on his own to complete the thing.

• Like 1

JT and mis with their thumbs up their asses at the Simeon car :-)

I was providing support to JT, and also "selling" for the Simeon car.  You have to die to sell the car, unfortunately.

We were putting a boot to ninjaboy's ass also, while the other asshat took the bait. 

Guys, I've run out of likes again...apologies, there's just a lot of top shelf content these last three pages.

One last thing I just remembered and I'll shut up for the day. I almost dropped the controller from laughing.

I think the rest of you guys were up around Trevor's airfield fighting some guys. Mis and I went to the heli-tours place down South to chopper up there. We each get in our own Annihilators and take off. A few seconds go by and Mis goes, "Dammit Burke, you're gonna have to come pick me up. I accidentally dove out of the chopper and it crashed."

So I go pick him up and climb a little bit. I might have made it two city blocks when I see his body tumble out the passenger side.

Click it or ticket, Mis.

Ha!  Okay this makes me feel slightly better about doing missions with Mis before anyone else got online and accidentally para shooting out of a helicopter about 10 seconds after taking off, leaving Mis on his own to complete the thing.

Bad thing is I did it repeatedly....I forgot "how to" chopper... Mel, you will be happy to hear I got my first kill with the chopper that wasn't you!  Got witnesses too

I bailed out around the same time JT and RUkered leftto download the destiny beta last night and get some trigger time on that...

• Like 1

I cannot possibly like RUkered's invitation post more. I tried pressing Like a thousand more times, but it wouldn't work.

God, I was in a death struggle this afternoon with a dude in a Buzzard. He was so on top of me I couldn't shoot him. Meanwhile, this random asshole (I think) butts into our business to see what's going on and the dude in the Buzzard blows up his Adder. So, guess what happens next:

1. We team up on the Buzzard and take him out ... or

2. The guy whose car gets blown up comes after me and kills me.

I'll give you one guess as to what happened, and you will get it right.

When I got on this afternoon, I was like "I thought I had a lot more money than that. Oh..." Freemode ain't cheap.

Craig, some things:

1. That RPG shot that killed us was my tipoff that dude had glitched his car to be invincible. By all rights, he should've blown up too. You have to watch for that right now - it's a HYOOGE advantage to the player who's done it. You basically can't be on the ground or in a car because he can drive right up to you, sticky bomb you and not die himself. That's why I was on the roof that one time.

2. That time I blew the player (and both of us) up with a sticky bomb: It's pretty much a crew thing that if we can kill someone, we do so whether it kills us or not. I was hoping that wouldn't kill us, but didn't really care if it did as long as I got that dot.

3. Don't fire your gun randomly out the window of the car. Have a reason. If the cops are chasing you and you already have three stars or a player is chasing you, that's fine, but don't fire at random NPCs. That'll make the cops mad, and then you have to deal with them. If you're gonna make the cops mad, give them a good reason.

4. You're not bad in Freemode, but you are of a way low level to be scrapping too much. You drove up on me and started fucking with me and I'm a 306. If you were just a random in that situation, it probably wouldn't have been pretty just based on the fact that my weapons are so much better than yours.

You're 10 levels from something I'd consider to be a semi-decent weapon. Consider getting a headset if you don't have one, starting or joining parties with us and do some damn missions. I don't see how you cut it in deathmatches, especially owned+pickups. I could see a forced+pickups, but not owned. If you can get in with several of us, we can do Rooftop Rumble while you sit in a car somewhere on the map filing your nails and you'll get $18,750 and 4,400 RP.

Same with survivals. Two of us could do Boneyard with our eyes closed while you drink soda out of the machine in the shed and catch up on some reading. $30,000 and about 3,300 RP. You should be thinking about leveling up somehow, deathmatches, races, missions, whatever. There's not a lot of RP to be had in Freemode.

• Like 1

Since schools broke up last week, I've been having to go to bed earlier (because Xav comes to my house in the morning before I do the late shift; I can't sleep in til 12 or 1 anymore). Meaning I've not played GTA with Havoc or Cris in that long. But I might start getting up and online much earlier, because it looks like they usually go offline at 8AM BST (which would be midnight in California or 3AM in Pennsylvania). That might be doable.

Be interesting to play when they are the sleep deprived and exhausted and I'm fresh and alert. Not like last year, where at one point I'd been awake for 23 1/2 hours (I had one early shift a week then. I've got rid of it now) and was trying to keep tracks of a Freemode sniper battle. And, indeed, failing.

I cannot possibly like RUkered's invitation post more. I tried pressing Like a thousand more times, but it wouldn't work.

God, I was in a death struggle this afternoon with a dude in a Buzzard. He was so on top of me I couldn't shoot him. Meanwhile, this random asshole (I think) butts into our business to see what's going on and the dude in the Buzzard blows up his Adder. So, guess what happens next:

1. We team up on the Buzzard and take him out ... or

2. The guy whose car gets blown up comes after me and kills me.

I'll give you one guess as to what happened, and you will get it right.

When I got on this afternoon, I was like "I thought I had a lot more money than that. Oh..." Freemode ain't cheap.

Craig, some things:

1. That RPG shot that killed us was my tipoff that dude had glitched his car to be invincible. By all rights, he should've blown up too. You have to watch for that right now - it's a HYOOGE advantage to the player who's done it. You basically can't be on the ground or in a car because he can drive right up to you, sticky bomb you and not die himself. That's why I was on the roof that one time.

2. That time I blew the player (and both of us) up with a sticky bomb: It's pretty much a crew thing that if we can kill someone, we do so whether it kills us or not. I was hoping that wouldn't kill us, but didn't really care if it did as long as I got that dot.

3. Don't fire your gun randomly out the window of the car. Have a reason. If the cops are chasing you and you already have three stars or a player is chasing you, that's fine, but don't fire at random NPCs. That'll make the cops mad, and then you have to deal with them. If you're gonna make the cops mad, give them a good reason.

4. You're not bad in Freemode, but you are of a way low level to be scrapping too much. You drove up on me and started fucking with me and I'm a 306. If you were just a random in that situation, it probably wouldn't have been pretty just based on the fact that my weapons are so much better than yours.

You're 10 levels from something I'd consider to be a semi-decent weapon. Consider getting a headset if you don't have one, starting or joining parties with us and do some damn missions. I don't see how you cut it in deathmatches, especially owned+pickups. I could see a forced+pickups, but not owned. If you can get in with several of us, we can do Rooftop Rumble while you sit in a car somewhere on the map filing your nails and you'll get $18,750 and 4,400 RP.

Same with survivals. Two of us could do Boneyard with our eyes closed while you drink soda out of the machine in the shed and catch up on some reading. $30,000 and about 3,300 RP. You should be thinking about leveling up somehow, deathmatches, races, missions, whatever. There's not a lot of RP to be had in Freemode.

I'm crazy and I like fucking around. I honestly didn't know it was you I was trying to run over. I do fine on owned+pickups mainly because I'm getting more used to edging my thumb stick up for a headshot.

I also hear you about freemode and there being no RP. I'm glad survival was unlocked, but I can't get past level 3, which sucks.

Which survival are you trying to do, and are you trying to do it alone? Doing any survival alone requires much practice. Two people can do Boneyard. Some can do it alone, I can't. I think I MIGHT be able to do Processed by myself. Otherwise? Forget it.

Find some random players to do it with, and if they exhibit stupid tendencies like running around like a chicken with their head cut off and not getting in cover, find another bunch of randoms. If you do Boneyard and two of the other players head toward the white trailer, one on each side, just find some cover somewhere and let them do the lifting. Boneyard is easiest, Processed second easiest. I won't rank them, but Industrial Plant is tough and Del Perro Pier, Sandy Survival and the Maze Bank survival get much tougher as you get into the higher waves.

Hopefully, the game matches you up with players more your level, 'cause I couldn't bear the thought of doing a Deathmatch where they have RPGs and heavy snipers and I don't. You don't even have the light sniper. Unless it's with crew, deathmatches can kiss my fat ass anyway. It's me and 9 randoms in there Mary Louing constantly while I shake my head and wonder where things went wrong. I don't mind getting my head kicked in by Phil or Dan. I do mind getting my head kicked in by McSwaggyYOLO420, master of that goddamn Mary Lou.

I really enjoy doing easy missions with lower-level players, 'cause it's fun to just go in and whip ass while the random just sorta stands there and watches the show.

I really enjoy doing easy missions with lower-level players, 'cause it's fun to just go in and whip ass while the random just sorta stands there and watches the show.

That had to have been at least 20 levels worth of my RP just sitting back and watching the mayhem you guys would create. 

I've heard "Just get in the tank, you'll be safe there!" far too many times.

• Like 1

One night, we should keep track of how long we wait for JT, be it his server keeping him in the cloud, ruuning around in freemode losing a wanted level or hunting for a special crate or when his girlfriend calls to discuss the new house. :

When my new loft is up and operational, NONE OF YOU ARE INVITED~!

He's lying, guys. I got my invitation in the mail yesterday.

2bd3fc1c-8351-4738-9438-ba8476d36446_zps

I wish I could be angry about this, but I cannot stop laughing..

• Like 1

Between the guys with invincible cars and guys with aimbots in jets, Freemode's getting to be a real hoot lately;

Guy in a jet shot me down three times last night before I got out. For the last kill, I was on one of those porches in a building on a first floor, so I had cover to my left, right and above me. I was hiding behind a tree or shrub or something inside of a planter. It was big enough to cover me. I decided that I needed to at least try to kil him, so I stepped one step away from the cover and immediately got shot by the plane.

I decided to try finding another room.

From what I've been able to gather, all of the dead hooker-style glitches have been patched. There's an entertaining one I was using to get a buddy of mine some money after he missed playing during Dead Hookerthon 2014.

Remember during the billionaire days when we would steal a car off the streets, mod it up like crazy and give it to another player? They sell it for a fraction of what you paid to mod it, but screw it, you're a billionaire. I used to do that for strangers who were new to the game and missed out on the glitch money.

Anyhoo, R* fixed that a few patches ago. But there's a way around it now, so I was fixing up cars for my buddy so he could sell them later. Plus I made him a pretty boss Phoenix he's keeping.

Interesting fact: The paint job has no effect whatsoever on a car's worth. I would have a car at $80,000 in resale value, for example, and put $75,000 worth of gold paint on it and check the resale value again. Still $80,000.  

• Like 1

Remember during the billionaire days when we would steal a car off the streets, mod it up like crazy and give it to another player? They sell it for a fraction of what you paid to mod it, but screw it, you're a billionaire. I used to do that for strangers who were new to the game and missed out on the glitch money.

Anyhoo, R* fixed that a few patches ago. But there's a way around it now, so I was fixing up cars for my buddy so he could sell them later. Plus I made him a pretty boss Phoenix he's keeping.

Please, share your wisdom.

Please, share your wisdom.

Stolen from GTA Forums. All caps is the OP's deal, not mine. Sorry for the yelling. I will interject some personal notes.

1: GET THE CAR YOU WANT TO GIVE TO YOUR FRIEND (MUST BE FROM THE STREET). Make sure you don't have a personal vehicle on the map - make sure all your PVs are tucked away in your garages. This works in a private room just fine.

2: CUSTOMIZE IT TO THE MAX TO GET FULL MONEY IF THEY WANT TO SELL IT. I would start off with one mod to make sure they haven't patched the glitch and to make sure you're doing it right. Then go nuts if it works. Remember what I said about paint not affecting the resale price of the car if you're making one for someone to sell.

3: DRIVE NEXT TO A RACE AND PARK THE DRIVER SEAT DOOR ON THE EDGE OF THE RACE CIRCLE. Obviously to the right of the blue circle. I dunno if it's gotta be a race, but I don't ask questions. Blue circles for races are EVERYWHERE.

4: GET OUT THE CAR AND NOW YOU SHOULD BE PUT IN THE RACE AND THE CAR SHOULD DISAPPEAR. It should automatically put you in the race.  

5: WHEN THE IN RACE MENU JUST KEEP PRESSING BACK TO GET BACK INTO THE GAME

6: THE CAR SHOULD RESPAWN IN THE GAME. Somewhere around the circle, not directly next to it. Sometimes it's tricky to find, but it's around.

7: NOW YOUR FRIEND CAN SELL THE CAR OR KEEP IT.
  • Like 2

Went online at 8AM. Excallq last online 2 hours ago. FenrirHavoc last online 24 hours ago. So me and Luke did a Rooftop Rumble and a  Survival, then went to Freemode and mashed up some Mexicans for an hour or so.

I feel like this line perfectly describes my mentality when it comes to GTA V Online:

'Cause I'm fuckin' stupid. I don't give a fuck about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

• Like 2

I may be on tonight or at various point this weekend if any of you guys are on. I'm dog sitting for a buddy who coincidentally is also in the crew - he just hasn't played in months.

I'm going to look around online to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure I can just log into my Live account on his Xbox. I'm thinking all my character-related stuff is all on the cloud, so it shouldn't matter that my save data won't be on his hard drive. I don't know for sure though.

If not, I'll just play as his character and remember what it's like get the shit kicked out of you as a level 60-something.

• Like 2

Haven't posted anything about playin inna while. The last time I played I don't member enuff about it to post anything really. But I got to get on for about an hour tonight and get one of my favorite kills. Me and burke were chasin 2 dots one vehicle near the airport. Had no idea what they were in. Their dots looked as if they were fixin to be on the street we were on so I pull the e-brake and get out with ol' faithful. Sure enuff the dots round the corner on a motorcycle. Line up the cross hairs and peerrrqqqqquueee goes through the drivers head and right out the lil bastards ridin bitch on the back. One shot two kills on a movin motorcycle. Then we proceeded to kick the shit outta some feller named viper. Robert joins and the ass kickin continues. There were 4 or so dots that kept appearing and disappearing for a good 30 minutes. But yall ourghta've seen viper tryin to walk around with 3 boots up his ass it was quite comical. Now it's time to go to work and stay in a dalm motel on my friggin off day whoop da fuckity doo.

War...hate...and anger my friends. See ya next time.

• Like 2