DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I thought about trying to do the glitch just 'cause I could, but I was in a soft-top Tornado, and if they're not gang cars, they're worthless:

I was warring with a player when he quit. I needed to get going to whatever the next thing is, so I got in the passenger's seat of a soft-top Tornado. Problem was, a cop was in there. All he did was shut the door, and I got a one-star wanted level. So I tried to drag him out of the car again and he wouldn't budge. So I killed him. Three-star wanted level. I still couldn't throw him out of the passenger's seat. Even though I shot him several times from point-blank range and had a three-star wanted level, he shut the door again.

I got in the driver's side door, cop still inside with me and drove around with the cops chasing me until someone blew me up. At one point I was chasing a player trying to sticky bomb him as I had a four-star wanted level with a billion cops behind me. I'm coming, and I'm bringing hell with me.

• Like 1

I jumped into free mode for a little bit last night.  Went even stevens with a couple of members of some crew with the tag 40OZ (clever!). K/D never rose but it didn't fall either.

They started using the wall breach at Michael's house to avoid my gunfire so I quit the session.

Looking forward to invading a server if we're all on for Tuesday Night Titans.

• Like 1

I've been Freemoding a bit here and there, and some observations:

1. As soon as I get into a room, I go to start>Online>Players to see if the room has anyone from the biker gang or Satan's personal GTA crew in it,and it never does. Both crews have hundreds of members, yet I can't even stumble across one in Freemode?

2. If you just kinda sit back and chill for about five minutes or so, it becomes readily apparent who the room's big dog is. There's usually one dude in a room who's absolutely making everyone his bitch. One guy was in a scrum of about five players and was just dominating them to an absurd degree. If you know who the big dog is, they be avoided/engaged, depending on your preference. 

3. This isn't true 100 percent of the time, but the lower the player level, the less likely they are to want to exchange with you. Usually the guys who do the most running are below level 100. The guys who are more likely to scrap with you are level 100 or higher. The lengths some players will go to avoid a fight is comical. I'll stand on the roof of my garage sniping at anyone who drives by and I'd say about 80 percent of them are like "bullets! Run!" while 20 percent actually stop and say "sumbitch!" and fight back.

4. As with life, as soon as you say "this is gonna be awesome," you are gonna fail hard. I was outside of Trevor's airfield scrapping with this fellow when he ducked behind a jet sitting there. I thought "this is gonna be awesome," and aimed an RPG at the jet, thinking if I blew it up, it would take dude with it. Well, I launched the RPG into a nearby rock and blew myself up, of course.

Here's another question about deathmatch: Is there a way to ensure I don't join shitty deathmatches (i.e. 10,000,000,000 RP!!!!!)? When I go to the quick jobs menu and join a random deathmatch, 9 times out of 10, it's some player created bullshit. So I have to quit out and try to find another one. It's really annoying.

Yep. Start>Online>Jobs, etc.

Problem is, if you do it that way, you'll be hosting the job and it might be difficult to find other players to do it with you.

I'd just keep dialing up random deathmatches from your phone and then quiting in the lobby of the ones you don't wanna do. Just wait until the opportunity pops up, then hit B and get out. Then if you get into a decent-enough room, chances are people will vote for another good deathmatch in the voting screen after the first one is over. You can generally ride a good group of players for three or four of a certain job until they get tired of it and quit out.

Oh, and if you're playing a lot of deathmatches/missions/races, it's always a good idea to start the game in an invite-only or crew-only room so if you have to quit a deathmatch, it doesn't respawn you back in Freemode up some player's ass.

You'll respawn in your own cozy room and you can just try to join another deathmatch from there. You can put it in passive before you do your deathmatch so you respawn in a public room in passive, but if you're in a car, that's just asking for trouble.

What Stout said.  If you go back through this thread there are probably about 50 posts from me bitching about joining, and then immediately leaving, shitty DMs.  It's annoying, but the best way I've found of getting decent matches is just joining at random and then bailing out till you find one you want.  Downside to that is that it sends the invites to your friends list automatically, even if you quit out.  Then Rippa gets annoyed because he joined a Prison Thugz match that you've already bailed out on.

• Like 1

What Stout said.  If you go back through this thread there are probably about 50 posts from me bitching about joining, and then immediately leaving, shitty DMs.  It's annoying, but the best way I've found of getting decent matches is just joining at random and then bailing out till you find one you want.  Downside to that is that it sends the invites to your friends list automatically, even if you quit out.  Then Rippa gets annoyed because he joined a Prison Thugz match that you've already bailed out on.

It didn't take long to realize not to accept any of the random deathmatch requests that came in from Robert's auto-inviting as you'd accept, he'd be gone and you'd be stuck in any number of $1000000 + RP!!!!!, forced no-weapon prison deathmatches.

Gonna be online all day today trying to level up to 100.  I'm gonna be too busy next week planning for vacation to be on much, and for some reason I think it would really bother me if I didn't get to there before I left.

I've been Freemoding a bit here and there, and some observations:

1. As soon as I get into a room, I go to start>Online>Players to see if the room has anyone from the biker gang or Satan's personal GTA crew in it,and it never does. Both crews have hundreds of members, yet I can't even stumble across one in Freemode?

2. If you just kinda sit back and chill for about five minutes or so, it becomes readily apparent who the room's big dog is. There's usually one dude in a room who's absolutely making everyone his bitch. One guy was in a scrum of about five players and was just dominating them to an absurd degree. If you know who the big dog is, they be avoided/engaged, depending on your preference. 

3. This isn't true 100 percent of the time, but the lower the player level, the less likely they are to want to exchange with you. Usually the guys who do the most running are below level 100. The guys who are more likely to scrap with you are level 100 or higher. The lengths some players will go to avoid a fight is comical. I'll stand on the roof of my garage sniping at anyone who drives by and I'd say about 80 percent of them are like "bullets! Run!" while 20 percent actually stop and say "sumbitch!" and fight back.

4. As with life, as soon as you say "this is gonna be awesome," you are gonna fail hard. I was outside of Trevor's airfield scrapping with this fellow when he ducked behind a jet sitting there. I thought "this is gonna be awesome," and aimed an RPG at the jet, thinking if I blew it up, it would take dude with it. Well, I launched the RPG into a nearby rock and blew myself up, of course.

1)  Running into CoS or Reaper Lord members is always accidental.  I have yet to encounter most of the members of REAP or EVIL on purpose, so I assume that they are "training" with each other in Closed Crew or Invite Only sessions.  Like any other crew, I just assume that the anarchy of free mode is not everyone's cup of tea.  It was definitely an acquired taste for me.

2) There is definitely an alpha dog that seems to actively hunt the other players while every one else either defends themselves or does their own thing.  I always watch WEAZEL and observe players for ten minutes or so to see what they are up to and (more importantly) where they are hiding.

3) Weird. I've always found low ranks to be far more aggressive than high rank guys.  High ranks are quick to run for a tank or leave the session if they are getting the worst of the exchange.  Low ranks will usually come after you if they get killed and it takes a few more deaths for them to get the message that they should back off.

4) Whenever I come up with a bright idea, it usually works against me.  I have had more grenades bounce back and kill me while trying to rebound them around corners than I care to admit.

I still want to finish that fucking Lester mission because now I am irritated by it. Fucking glitched game

Yeah, I am in Fruitvale mode right now.  We need to teach those cops what is what.

We were on the right track when we were thinning the police herd just enough to grab the money and try to escape in the van via the river.  Kill too many cops and that just escalates the warning level to four stars and all hell starts to break loose.  We were good at three stars with occasional back-up floating in and one LSPD chopper to deal with.

I just need to remember to reapply new armor whenever the blue bar gets too low.

If we're getting really creative, we may want to consider calling for chopper back-up or extra merc aid from Merryweather.  Probably need to cheat and look at the mission payout to see if it is worth the expense of calling in mercs, getting back-up, or bringing in a buzzard for air support.

You were playing that newish Lester mission where you have to steal the money from all those cops? I forget what it is called. Cops Capacity? You pretty much HAVE to use the Mis method - go in there with a tank. Be careful of not blowing up the van with the money in it, but execute the cops toot suite. The tank's armor protects you from the riled-up cops. If you have enough players, have one person hang sorta near the mission, but way outside the scope of it so they don't accidentally pick up a wanted level. Then after the tank has done all of the dirty work, send the person from outside in to get the money. 

MIs and I tried to do this one straight up and failed miserably every time. I had to leave to go to work, and when I talked to him later, he was like "soloed that fucker. With a tank." I'm like "oh, didn't think of that."

And if I had a nickel for every shitty deathmatch invite Robert sent me and I tried to join, only to find him already gone, I'd easily have about a tree-fiddy.

J.T., the armor goes away so quick that constantly reapplying new armor is a money racket. I'll do it sometimes during missions and rarely in Freemode, but it pisses me off every time because the armor goes away when a bad guy looks at you.

Yeah, I hate to bring in the Rhino in on missions but I suppose overkill is what GTA is all about.  I also didn't want to destroy the money and for some reason it is far more satisfying taking cops out with arms fire than it is to bring in a tank.

That statement should qualify me for humantarian of the year..... in North Korea... or maybe Hell.

Gotta be careful about it. It can be done. I've never did it (I'm horrible at driving tanks), but you can always run over the cops nearest the money as opposed to shooting them, and remember not to shoot their cars.

Mis would be the one to share the secrets of his method.

After doing it a few times, I cannot imagine that one without a tank, probably the only mission I'd say that about. Man, does it pay crappily for the effort, too. I'd avoid this one every time with randoms.

I haven't tried this one since the tank nerf, so I'm not sure if the tank nerf makes it easier for the cops to kill you or not. I haven't called in a tank in forever. I'm done wth them in Freemode since the nerf, since grabbing one only encourages the asshole you're blowing up into grabbing another one as soon as they can.

Yeah, I hate to bring in the Rhino in on missions but I suppose overkill is what GTA is all about.  I also didn't want to destroy the money and for some reason it is far more satisfying taking cops out with arms fire than it is to bring in a tank.

That statement should qualify me for humantarian of the year..... in North Korea... or maybe Hell.

GTA.  It brings out the better angels of our nature.

• Like 1

GTA.  It brings out the better angels of our nature.

Especially in free mode when you are murdering other players..   I think my heart shrunk to Grinch size teenyness during my car bomb griefing spree.