DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

If these guys are randoms that no one vouches for, they are going to get the boot. 

I dont know either

That is like how I hate anyone in ME with gamertags that include any version of killer or assassin - since 99% of the time they suck

And Juggalos are KOS for me. Fuck it's shot, back over with a car, shoot a couple more times. sticky bomb

I think guys that have gamertags with assassin in it are on Robert's list.

I have never played ME3 multiplayer with any player with a gamertag that had the word "elite" in it that was worth a shit.

I like to get into gunfights in free mode with guys with the crew tags ARMY or NAVY to see if they are actually military.  I regret it later because some of those fuckers are tactical savants that chase me all over the city.  Most of the NAVY guys I run into are really good pilots in game..

Yeah, anybody with assassin is on my kill list, along with anybody that has reaper in their name.  Unless they're in the REAP crew.  I've run into them a few times, and most of them can kick the shit out of me.  Anybody with 420 tends to get targeted, as do folks that have obviously cheated to get to their level.

I ran into somebody called 804juggalo in free mode a while back, and inevitably thought of JT.

The funny thing is that I have seen plenty of players with gamertags that reference all sorts of games like Halo or Call of Duty, but I have never seen a GTA player with a gamertag that referenced any of the Mass Effect games or characters..

Which feeds the notion that most players that have a preference for role playing games stay away from FPS and multiplayer free roam games because they cannot handle unpredictable players in a simulated combat situation where they have seconds to make good decisions. 

The outrage over the redesign of Mass Effect 2 into an Action RPG ("You mean I actually have to aim a gun?") was tremendous.

Fucking Andrew, I swear.  It is all in good fun, but I don't think I am every going to live down being headshot dead bang by a guy wearing a top hat and tiny athletic shorts.  Everytime he wears that outfit, he is going to be my preferred target.

Almost forgot.  Guys with "dark" or "death" in their gamertag get preferential bullets to the dome.

We could have a DVRVR splinter group named TALI

Fresh would hate us and form a crew with VCHA as the tag. He needs to get with it and gain some rank if Heists are on the horizon.

Speaking of which.   I haven't seen anything about Update 1.13 going live today or anytime this week.  Maybe when I get home.

I just was on and no update

As we discussed - they never announced a release for it.

I think this is just a case of JT trying to wish it into existence

I need Heists, man... and a new motorcycle with phat livery.

Something has to be in the works because when I went to the tattoo shop last week to get my Skull & Sword tattoo, there was a star in the Torso section indicating that there should be a new tattoo available, but there is nothing there.  That is unlocked content that is still hidden until the next patch.

I dunno how crew inviting works, but I do know Austrian Sensation Herby~! is trying to get his brother in the crew.

His brother was getting ready to join us the other night when I completely flamed out and had to go to bed (it was 4 in the morning, and I was spent). I have no idea what his gamertag is, but I will check Herby's friends next time I'm on to see if either one of those two names pop up.

Doesn't someone from the crew have to invite other people into the crew? Not just any jay-brone can join. So whoever's pending has to be friends of friends somewhere down the line, even if no one here pops up to claim responsibility for them. Could always just OK them and turf them out later if they turn out to be pains.

And I have a feeling if 1.13 didn't go live early this morning, we're not seeing it this week. Apparently updates tend to come out on Tuesdays, and we're well into Tuesday evening in some parts of the world. I'd say early May.

I like going after the guys in the rooms with the highest levels to see if they're all hat and no cattle, but I also like going after anyone with a pot-related name. Of course, that means I like going after 2/3rds of the room. Robert and I have similar tastes in Freemode targets. 

Thanks to HockeyShotST, the crew is invite only now.   If Herby gives us a heads up on his brother's gamertag , we can let him in when we see the petition show up on Social Club... provided that he has a Social Club account and tries to join that way..

Otherwise, a member can shoot him a crew invite if all of you guys are online at the same time..  That's how we brought in Moongirl since she doesn't have a Social Club account.  Only thing is that he has to make his crew tag active. 

You also have to make your crew tag your primary one.  Amy and her homegirl have DVDR crew memberships but they hang out with their friends from college in their primary crew.  Amy lives in Ohio but most of her peeps are Central Time Zone folks and IIRC they are all recent grads from the University of Illinois. 

I have an honorary membership to the EastCoast Sindicate because there are a couple of homies I know from my days at GamesStop that are in that set, but I never use that crew tag.

So can anyone in the crew invite anyone to the crew, or do you have to be a certain level above "grunt" or "monkey" or "Private Pyle" or whatever it is on that crew hierarchy list to be able to invite people?

Muscle! That's what it's called.

• Like 2

I'm on right now and still no updates. 

I pumped all 80k I made yesterday into a Bati 801 & mods and holy shit is it fun to just cruise around on this thing trying to avoid running into anything that will destroy me.

Ouch

You know, Mel, I'm so freakin' old when we joke about Private Pyle, I always assume we're joking about Gomer. Are you referring to that big dumb goob who gets crapped on throughout "Full Metal Jacket"? Been years since I've seen that movie.

I'm on right now and still no updates. 

I pumped all 80k I made yesterday into a Bati 801 & mods and holy shit is it fun to just cruise around on this thing trying to avoid running into anything that will destroy me.

Screw that runnin' around Freemode on a motorcycle. That's for:

A. People with a deathwish.

B. Moongirl

When the simplest light pole that you can plow down in two seconds in a car causes your death on a motorcycle, I say to hell with those things.

• Like 1

I think I have only seen Moongirl fall from her bike one time.  Naturally, that was when Mark hit her motorcycle by accident while we were en route to the Parking Lot job.

The Chief of Staff for the entire US Army is going to come visit our branch today.  I hate VIP dog and pony shows, so I will probably have a tactical migraine by 2PM or so and head home.

I know melraz has sent crew invites to folks,

So can anyone in the crew invite anyone to the crew, or do you have to be a certain level above "grunt" or "monkey" or "Private Pyle" or whatever it is on that crew hierarchy list to be able to invite people?

Muscle! That's what it's called.

I know melraz has sent crew invites to folks in game (usually to low level guys that he's killed 983 straight times) so I'd assume a high ranking fellow such as yourself should be able to.

I tend to get them on the rare occasion where I kick ass in a DM with random folks.

• Like 1

Ouch

You know, Mel, I'm so freakin' old when we joke about Private Pyle, I always assume we're joking about Gomer. Are you referring to that big dumb goob who gets crapped on throughout "Full Metal Jacket"? Been years since I've seen that movie.

Melraz's toon being a death-dealing, cowboy hat wearing bastard makes me think of the main character in Killer Joe (Matthew McConaughey):

killer-joe-blog2.jpg

Hence that is my nickname for him in game.

• Like 1

I am working from home today due to not having a car at the moment so except for taking my wife to the doctor and getting my kid - I should be around for GTA or ME depending on time.

Man I was hoping the update with extra garage space would be today.  I've got 3.3M virtual dollars burning a hole in my virtual pocket, and I want to spend it on 10 more virtual cars that I don't actually need.

I'll probably be online early, but I'm gonna be on mute for part of the time again.  Having to find convenient times to meet for both Austin and Penang makes for screwy meeting times.

I actually forgot about him too stout I ain't seen that movie inna long time. Now I wanna watch it.

I was hopin it would be out today too. probably not gonna be on till late. Kinda got the mrs. pissed at me last night.

I've thought about sendin an invite or two but actually never have. I got close the other day when a lil low level 6 was whoopin ass with me stout and kered

Man I was hoping the update with extra garage space would be today.  I've got 3.3M virtual dollars burning a hole in my virtual pocket, and I want to spend it on 10 more virtual cars that I don't actually need.

I'll probably be online early, but I'm gonna be on mute for part of the time again.  Having to find convenient times to meet for both Austin and Penang makes for screwy meeting times.

I was going to buy a Vestra until I saw that they were only two-seater airplanes and I only wanted one was sake of completion to cover all of my hardware access baases.  

Player owned planes don't really have much purpose in game other than to help folks survive bounties without staying in their homes...  at least until someone decides to brave Ft. Zancudo and get a fighter jet.

I was going to buy a Vestra until I saw that they were only two-seater airplanes and I only wanted one was sake of completion to cover all of my hardware access baases.  

Player owned planes don't really have much purpose in game other than to help folks survive bounties without staying in their homes...  at least until someone decides to brave Ft. Zancudo and get a fighter jet.

You're right on the owned planes.  I own most of them from back in the free money days.  Never used one even once.