DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: GRADO

RIPPA

I recently found out that ICW has a WWE Network kind of deal, where you can watch all their shows online for $5,99/month. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

If you haven't seen them yet, there are two great BBC documentaries about ICW that heavily feature Grado:

There's a scene in the second one, where he visits a hypnotist in order to lose weight and the hypnotist literally says "Big Daddy is gone. Giant Haystacks is gone. You are Grado!"

That seems to be trying hard to miss the point. I mean part of the charm about Grado is that he's your every man in a way that Hulk Hogan or John Cena never could be. He's just the wee boy from Stevenston. He doesn't have the look. And it's why he's so endearing.

Yeah, he'll never be your top draw but Grado has "it" to some extent. He's just captivating and has a strong natural charisma. Well, I think he's utterly endearing anyway. I could never dislike a wrestler who calls folk "dirty basturts", that's just my love of all things Glasgow shining through I guess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...