DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Conference Championships

Dolfan in NYC

Would you consider me a mark if I said Jerry Rice? Lol.

I heard one commentator compare him to Marvin Harrison, and I guess that's pretty close. I don't know of anyone in the NFL right now who reminds me of him. Seems like these days, everyone's either the under-6' slot guy or the 6'3-5" monster outside guy, and Cooper is listed at 6'1" (which means he's probably like 6'0.5"). But his skillset seems to bridge the gap between the two. He has the quick hips of a space player and always seems to play "bigger" than whoever is covering him, even if he isn't all that much. Plus, he's really fast.

• Like 1

Halftime Stats for Pac-12 Championship

Team Stats   ARIZ ORE

First Downs     2     18

Total Plays     25    57

Total Yards    25   382

Passing          34   190

Rushing          -9   192

Penalties    4 / 39  11 / 69

Possession   9:41  20:19

Turnovers      1         0

I'd say Arizona looks like ass but I think the numbers did that for me.

The best thing that came out of this game was a young woman named Sarah Roundtree won $100,000 in tuition by winning the Dr. Pepper halftime contest.   I couldn't be happier for her.

I tell you what, you don't just run up on a Skip Holtz coached team in the CUSA championship, my friend. At ECU, he took out one of those Sumlin/Keenum Houston teams. Now, Louisiana Tech has this Marshall team that was looking at a New Year's Day bowl last week on the ropes.

I'm kinda wondering if that performance might be enough to vault them to #1 if Bama struggles with Mizzou.

No the committee would just use it as showing how great the SEC is. Plus Oregon would rather play on the west coast 2 or 3 seed then New Orleans 1 or 4.

Has any team this year even tried to press Cooper at the line?

Florida tried to with Hargraves. Didn't work out.

LSU did and a bit more success, although that was the game where he had a bunch of drops.

Auburn tried to, but I'm not sure they even know what press is.

Cool just wondering unless the raiders trade out of the #1 draft spot or they don't believe in Carr then taking Cooper at that position would help that offense. If Missouri's terrible offense can't score or move the ball then Missouri's defense will get very tired.