DVDVR Message Board

Lego Marvel!!!

Big Fresh

This isn’t out in the UK yet so I decided to look back on my ideal character selection before its release and the characters in the game according to Wikipedia.

There are characters I forgot to list and am glad they are in (put in spoiler tags for size):

Aunt May

Electro

Gwen Stacy

J. Jonah Jameson

Kraven the Hunter

Lady Deathstrike

Maria Hill

Mysterio

Mystique

Shocker

Vulture

There are characters I listed or in the case of four marked by a star, forgot to list which didn’t make it (put in spoiler tags for size):

Bucky Barnes

Bucky Barnes (Captain America version)

Green Goblin (Harry Osborn version, though thinking about it the traditional Green Goblin’s costume for Norman and Harry are alike so you can pretend it’s the one you want)

Kitty Pride

Luke Cage

Namor

Nightcrawler

Quicksilver * (surprised this character wasn’t included as he’s in The Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Rogue

Scorpion * (the only one of the classic Spider-Man rogues gallery not in the game)

The Scarlet Witch * (surprised this character wasn’t included as she’s in The Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Ultron (surprised this character wasn’t included because of The Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Venom (Flash Thompson)

Vision * (Another Avenger which didn’t make the cut)

These are the changes I would have made (again in spoiler tags for size):

I would limit the alternate outfits to a smaller size ONLY if they meant room for more characters. Would it?

Iron Man has the most alternate costumes with seven excluding Tony Stark. I would replace two of them: Mark VI (Iron Man 2) and Tony Stark (underwear) with the Gold Armour from the comics and especially the Mark III suit (Iron Man). I’d have liked that to have made it as that’s where it all began for Marvel Studios. I’m glad the Avengers Assemble suit, Mark VII was included.

I would make the Symbiote Spider-Man non DLC.

I’d replace the Symbiote Scientist for a more worthwhile character.

Remove the tentacles from Superior Spider-Man as the character doesn’t have them in The Superior Spider-Man issues I read, #1-10.

The Winter Soldier should be really be in the game from the start and not as DLC.

Lose the Ultimate versions of Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin and Venom. Don’t want a reminder of that cartoon.

Shame this game didn’t come out a year earlier as we might have got the voices from Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes voicing their characters. I’d have preferred that to the voice cast from Avengers Assemble doing this game. Only the voice actor for Hulk is in both shows and does this game.

I’ll spoiler this for those playing the game.

What do the alternate classic costumes of Captain America, Iron Man and Thor look like?

What’s the Iron Man Heartbreaker Armour?

I’m looking forward to playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I wanted a Lego Marvel game for ages and the day it was announced in January of this year capped off an already great day for me.

Lego Marvel is so amazing that it makes me sad the movie rights are split up so poorly.

It's a little odd that Stan shows up on the "Villain Grid" in Doc Doom's castle, but having Cap & the Human Torch team up for quite a bit of the game (so far) is a cute little in-joke.

million billion stars

• Like 1

Lego Marvel is so amazing that it makes me sad the movie rights are split up so poorly.

This.

Luke Cage is in the game as "Power Man".

Thank you.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes/Iron Man 3 question, is the Mark 42 more useful here? ; ).

I previously said I wasn't sure whether Superior Spider-Man was his first or second costume, watched more videos since then and it looks like the most recent, the second. I've only read The Superior Spider-Man #1-10 so far and he hasn't worn that costume yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this on Black Friday from Amazon, and it arrived yesterday. I still get frustrated by some of the visual cues I just can't see even on a big screen, but I'm having fun.

At what point will I get enough free roam of the city to unlock Ant-Man, and what kind of characters do I need to reach the token?

You need someone able to dig (Wolverine, Black Panther, Beast, etc.) and he's in a construction site toward the northwest side of Central Park, but down by the docks where you go to Asgard, if that makes sense.

If not, by the light blue arrow:

BakkdNkCcAAIoUv.jpg

Picked this up yesterday when Best Buy had it on sale.  It's way too much fun, although it is glitchy as all hell.  It keeps doing this weird thing where it, like, resets my PS3 video connection.  

It's also my first lego game with voiceovers, which is surprisingly disconcerting.  I miss broad pantomime.

Thanks, Mike. I was less worried about a specific spot than a general time when I'd have access to the general construction area since I've only done the first two stages, but the pic will be useful as hell when I get there. So now my first step is to play until I unlock a burrowing hero.

There's a glitch toward the end of the game that thankfully I missed, where the final Stan you need to rescue is nowhere to be found.  only way around it is to start a new game.

Any tips on how to avoid it/glitches like it in the game? I'm getting it for Christmas.

There's a glitch toward the end of the game that thankfully I missed, where the final Stan you need to rescue is nowhere to be found.  only way around it is to start a new game.

Any tips on how to avoid it/glitches like it in the game? I'm getting it for Christmas.

Apparently he is in Central Park, but doesn't show up on the map because he is blocked by another icon.  I guess they could patch that it, but I wouldn't count on it. 

I've spent too much time playing this game the last few days(thanks non-existent snow storm that kept me at home) and the only real problem I have with it is that I hate having to wait for the Mark 42 armor to circle around when selelcting Ironman.  It is such a simple idea that is done absolutely perfectly. 

I prefer the heartbreaker armor because it shows up so much more quickly :)

The Stan glitch I've seen is there's a Stan icon over the big top, but it's after you've already rescued the Stan frantically hanging onto the balloons that the icon represents.

There's also a timed RC race on top of one of the buildings by the Bugle that drove me INSANE, as it seems like the controls change based on which way the car is facing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My son and I have been playing it since Christmas

This isn't specific to this game but I really don't like how the last few games have basically changed it to that you really need to do the entire story before going back and doing Free Play.

I also feel like they really really made the minikits only Free Play accessible this game as we are 5 or 6 missions in and we haven't collected a single one yet on a mission. Normally we can get at least 4 or 5 a mission.

I got this game. i am super stoked to play it.

You just bought it? Looking forward to get your take on it with how much you like the Lego games.

I hope to start playing it ASAP as I got it as a Christmas present but don't have the time right now with my Mum's current situation.

Played this for the first time yesterday completing the first two levels. Had a fun time on it. This is my first proprer play on a Lego game as I didn't get far in Lego Batman on the wii. As a result, I'm trying to learn what to do as I play it. Any tips?

Haven't unlocked Free Play yet, the name says you can do what you want. How do you replay Story Mode levels and with different characters instead of the ones you have to at the first time around?