DVDVR Message Board

Lego Marvel!!!

Big Fresh

In the newer games - the levels you can replay are marked on the map by different icons. When you move the cursor over it - it will pull up the name of the mission and give you the choice of "Story Mode" or "Free Play Mode"

You can also access the central computer on the Helicarrier and access the missions that way.

If you are just running around the city - you can access the Blue Shield Terminals to change your character.

My personal play style with Lego games is to go straight through the story mode doing very little of the side stuff (basically unless it is blatantly in front of me I will wait).

Then I go through and just abuse Free Play to go get as close to 100% as possible.

Granted part of the reason I do that is since I am playing with my son - he tends to lose interest after seeing the whole story. So this way he sees and then I get to grinding. But also - by doing it that way you unlock everything that is possibly available to you first.

Like I need to advance the storyline far even to unlock Deadpool because his room on the Helicarrier allows you access to something (which I am spacing on now)

• Like 1

I thought after you completed the third level (Spider-man/Black Widow/Hawkeye), you unlock freeroam. After finishing that level, I clicked the continue story and it took me to the fourth level with Iron Man/Hulk. I couldn’t switch to other characters (I press and held Y as the guide tells you) as I wanted to free roam. How do you free roam before/after a story level? How do you select a level when you want to go back to playing the story after free roam. This is the first Lego game I’ve properly played so I’m trying to get used to things. Thinking I might complete Story Mode before free roam.

I’ve nearly finished the fourth level but stopped to ask about those questions first.

EDIT: Looks like Rippa already answered my questions for me.

Yeah - again, you can only Free Play levels you already beat (another reason I do all Story Mode and then come back)

I totally forgot that I might have a couple of movies slightly spoiled for me as I play this (specifically Iron Man 3) though to be fair - the Lego versions always take extreme liberties with the story so it isn't that bad

• Like 1

Yeah - again, you can only Free Play levels you already beat (another reason I do all Story Mode and then come back)

I totally forgot that I might have a couple of movies slightly spoiled for me as I play this (specifically Iron Man 3) though to be fair - the Lego versions always take extreme liberties with the story so it isn't that bad

Thanks again, Rippa. Gonna do it your way. Favourite level so far is the third one in Oscorp.

The Venom boss fight in that level was great defeating the symbiote with it's weaknesses: music player, fire and a ringing bell.

It's fun visiting well known Marvel locations.

All that bullshit to get Ghost Rider and I don't even get his bike?

I thought Ghost Rider's motorbike was a vehicle you could buy in the game.

Have been playing this with a friend.  It's fun doing the multiplayer and preferred way to play it.  The AI is good to a point, but sometimes they don't know how to get around certain levels unless you control them and get up there.  Since I'm not familiar with the lesser-known characters another friend is quick to point out who they are.  She's super into them and points out anything we might need to know.  So with all that the game is a ton of fun.  I've always liked the Lego games with the right theme.  The most satisfying characters to play as are the flying characters like Thor and Iron Man.  Especially if they have a long-range attack like Human Torch.  

Silly question. This any better on PS4 vs PS3? What are the graphics like 10% better?

What I can gather is that the game plays exactly the same on both. It just looks shinier on the PS4.

The only other thing the PS4 has is you can use the Vita Remote Play with it. So if that is something you do - you might want to consider it.

Please, tell me the free play flying is different to the lego dc2 flying model. please.

Never played that game. From one of the two gaming websites I mainly use, GameCentral's Lego Marvel Super Heroes review:

Our biggest problem with the open world element though remains the wretchedly awful flying controls. Some people had problems with them in Batman 2, given that flying anywhere you want required different controls to the fixed camera story missions, but TT Games have made things a 100 times worse and flying around New York is an excruciating chore rather than joyful wish fulfilment it should have been.

Credit: metro.co.uk/gaming

Sorry.

I've finished the first seven story levels so far. Favourites and least favourites:

Favourites: The previously mentioned third level as Spider-Man/Black/Widow/Hawkeye go into Oscorp and the boss fight at the end is against Venom. The fifth level with Captain America/Iron Man in Stack Tower vs. Mandarin/Aldrich Killian and the seventh level on Asgard with Thor/Human Torch/Captain America/Wolverine vs. Loki. Honourable mention to the first level.

Least favourite is the sixth level with Black Widow/Hawkeye/Human Torch/Captain America in a Hydra base vs. The Red Skull.

Looking forward to the eighth level with the setting, the X Mansion.

Please, tell me the free play flying is different to the lego dc2 flying model. please.

Never played that game. From one of the two gaming websites I mainly use, GameCentral's Lego Marvel Super Heroes review:

Our biggest problem with the open world element though remains the wretchedly awful flying controls. Some people had problems with them in Batman 2, given that flying anywhere you want required different controls to the fixed camera story missions, but TT Games have made things a 100 times worse and flying around New York is an excruciating chore rather than joyful wish fulfilment it should have been.

Credit: metro.co.uk/gaming

Sorry.

sad panda.

The in-level flying was perfect; you could change direction on a sixpence.

Open world was god-awful. Crashing into buildings, not being able to navigate properly and the directions turned into some sort of quasi third person view crap.

Left those gold bricks until last in dc2...may have to do the same this time around as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright so the main storyline is finished.

Enjoyed the hell out of the final mission. but 13 or 14 missions in total? That means theres going to be a lot of side missions and brick missions, arent there...

And an appearance by Tchalla against the sun was brilliant. Made me geek out for a moment.

Yeah - my son got frustrated at the amount of Gold Brick grinding necessary to unlock the Deadpool missions.

Of course - he also rage quit a few times over some of the races (which I had warned him about)

Lego Marvel and Lego Lord of the Rings are both games that I need to eventually go back and finish myself to see if I can continue my tradition of the only games I can seem to 100% are Lego games

• 3 months later...

Finally platinummed - that last golden brick. Motherf............

Out in the middle of the river past roxxon. spent 30 minutes trying to find the bastard thing, only to find it was above me at the same level as the shield helicarrier...