DVDVR Message Board

MISC MATCHES

DEAN

17 hours ago, Matt D said:

Someone confirm that this is as badass as it seemed when I watched it just now.

If you don't like that you have a problem. 

I love Jumbo turning into Scott Steiner on that belly-to-belly suplex. The match works really well in regards to all four mens' personas -- Nick is gonna be underhanded with cheap shots and the like while trying to stay technical, Race is gonna bump big and use his power, Jumbo is gonna do the same, and Tenryu is gonna get upset and go at you. I also love how it slowly turns into a brawl paced probably by Harley, as every other match I've seen him in is this midpaced. He also headbutts like an idiot and blades to boot. For a wrestling fan I would compare this to watching an old boxing match, you are gonna glean little things watching it that make you understand what you watch comes from, like the Fighting Spirit spot at the end.   

Badassness confirmed.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2016 at 1:08 AM, Web Conn said:

In honor of Gypsy Joe

Mil Mascaras and Jumbo Tsuruta vs Stan Hansen and Gypsy Joe

You know who sucks and is a fucking wimp (as if it's some big surprise)? Mil Mascaras. I'm honestly surprised he didn't throw the match and run away when he saw it was Stan and Joe against him. Go figure, he spends way more than half of the match out of the ring. Guess you gotta pay the bills though

On 6/18/2016 at 1:54 AM, Charlie M. said:

Stumbled upon this gem recently. Who is crazy enough to book a worked shoot angle with HAKU? Genichiro Tenryu, that's who. This is pretty awesome.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2k1ul6

The follow up tag is incredible as well. Haku and Yatsu. What a team.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2k1ztd

Well Charlie clearly doesn't read DVDVRs

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

Blackwell vs Gang is the best thing. The Best Thing. God dammit, Phil. We need a fat guy tournament.

You would be so infuriated by the results...

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You would be so infuriated by the results...

Fat Guys I Would Approve Of Winning (In No Order):
Andre (sort of his own animal)
Mark Henry
One Man Gang
Kamala
Fat Big Boss Man
Big Daddy V
Crusher Blackwell
Mike Shaw (Pre-1993)
Earthquake
Kamala
Late Career Akebono
Super Porky
Kraneo
Dusty Rhodes
Yokozuna
Giant Haystacks but not Big Daddy

I don't get how I'd be infuriated. Is Bam Bam Bigelow going to win? I'm higher on Typhoon than anyone else on the board, so it won't be him. Do people really like overpaid late 90s indies King Kong Bundy? Has Mike the Big Un gotten some huge Houston momentum? Will people vote for the wrong Brazo? 

• 3 weeks later...