DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-23-14 - Historic Episode # 1,100

MGFanJay

So, who is leaving with the briefcase and the belt?

I'm going with Rollins and Cena, praying we get Ambrose-Rollins at SummerSlam for the briefcase and Cena-Lesnar II. I could stomach Cena all the month of July if it leads to Lesnar mauling him and getting his win back. Besides Rollins or Ambrose I cannot see anyone winning the briefcase, maybe Barrett as the long shot favorite. The build has been tepid but I am excited because I am not sure what is happening this Sunday.

It depends on the timetable for Daniel Bryan's return.  If he can wrestle at Battleground, I can see Kane winning MITB to set up yet another Kane-Bryan match.  In that case, I think the title shot briefcase should go to the guy you would be most excited to see cash it in successfully on Daniel Bryan if he is the champion in November or December.  I think that should be Barrett.

I think I would be highly amused by the internet reaction if Cesaro won followed by Swagger immediately cashing in the briefcase and becoming champion.

In that case then there should have been a rider stipulation. Ambrose getting the case resulting in Rollins being Mr. MITB would have made the most sense. 

Not really. Rollins getting the case is the easiest way for him to advance his career, and Dean would still screw him over pretty bad by just attacking him and preventing him from winning. Dean's motivation his to hurt Rollins, the case is just gravy. Rollins is supremely confident that he can handle Ambrose and has a little personal motivation to hurt him as well. Makes perfect sense for Rollins to want him in there instead of constantly having to worry about Ambrose coming out of the crowd in a match where there's already 6 other guys out to get him. He could also get lucky and have one of the other 6 guys take Ambrose out, or at least be reasonably sure that Ambrose will suffer an equal amount of punishment in the match, making him less of a threat than coming out of the crowd fresh.

It depends on the timetable for Daniel Bryan's return.

That's the entire deal. I see that many here have a very short memory and barely remember what happened but a few weeks ago, but the WWE's long term strategy still sees Bryan as the top draw. There's no way they're gonna waste Cena's fifteenth reign on a transition spot.

There's a great farewell letter from Vickie at WWE.com

You know, fantastic on her for grinding through college and finding a career beyond wrestling. I'd love to see this turned into a documentary, because this is really kinda inspirational.

• Like 1

Just watched bits of the replay on Universal HD. Two (very late) things:

1. I nearly jumped out of my chair and started chanting "holy shit!" when Barrett hit the flying-in Ziggler with that elbow to get the pin. I haven't marked that hard for anything in months. Those two seem to have some chemistry facing each other.

2. Stephanie McMahon is completely great at what she does on-camera. She gets so many little things, little details, right. The whole "evil boss" concept is played out, but damn, is she good.