DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-23-14 - Historic Episode # 1,100

MGFanJay

Two questions:

1) Are we to assume that Rollins has joined Evolution, or is just Hunter's lackey now? Was Evolution broken up by Batista's leaving?

2) Rollins made a comment that he created The Shield, I had always hoped that their origin would be explained, and this is the closest we've ever come to that other then the tounge-in-cheek jokes made hinting that Heyman/Punk came up with them. Do we buy that comment, or is there either another explination that I missed?

Two questions:

1) Are we to assume that Rollins has joined Evolution, or is just Hunter's lackey now? Was Evolution broken up by Batista's leaving?

2) Rollins made a comment that he created The Shield, I had always hoped that their origin would be explained, and this is the closest we've ever come to that other then the tounge-in-cheek jokes made hinting that Heyman/Punk came up with them. Do we buy that comment, or is there either another explination that I missed?

I get the feeling Seth is just Hunter's new lackey rather than Batista's replacement in Evolution. Really, after this last run of glorious fashion choices, who could replace Batista? Just raiding Rob Halford's closet isn't enough for Seth.

Seth's explanation of creating The Shield is the most depth we're going to get. You're not going to get Chikara levels of backstory out of WWE.

I need to find a gif of it but Layla clearly wanted to put Vickie over huge on the way out because no one should be that much of a fucking bump freak in a Shit In A Pool Match

• Like 3

Ambrose is the Fonz after he left the Falcons, but without the Cunninghams to make him sweet. Or Lenny after Laverne broke his heart and he took her L to spell Lone Wolf on his jacket. But with a violent reaction.

edit: Or Squiggy, after dealing with rejection from Shirley time after time, losing his shit and kicking some ass.

I'm now torn between what push killing stupid thing I want to see Ambrose do:

Sing Night After Night at the company talent show

Bust out the Mamushka during a dance off with Fandango:

And when Steph got thrown in the Pool O' Shit, I could only think of:

This week in Announcer Idiocy: all three of them not being able to recognize that the (not good) new Wyatt theme is being played on a harmonica, not a fucking organ. Phantom of the Opera? Fucking really?

• Like 3

This week in Announcer Idiocy: all three of them not being able to recognize that the (not good) new Wyatt theme is being played on a harmonica, not a fucking organ. Phantom of the Opera? Fucking really?

Fallowed up by them telling Naomi that they weren't there to talk about her, then talking to her for five more minutes.

The Shield are totally destroying HHH from the inside. Seth pleading to get Dean into the match seems like it's setting that up.

The Architect > The Cerebral Assassin

Oh, and Stardust is fucking awesome.

• Like 2

Cody did a springboard into the flying chop last week, so he's halfway there.

I'm fine with splitting the Funkadactyls since Cameron's better as a heel, but I fear the possibility of Naomi going heel as well.  Changing to a ground-based finisher might be a hint in that regard.

The Wyatts new music/entrance is so bad ass.

I'm mildly horrified that this is actually an opinion.

Haha.  You realize in the coming weeks the entire crowd will be singing along with the theme.  Looks like that is the point, the music is there so people can sing the song.  It is going to turn into one of the best entrances they have and it is different.  It also separates the team from Bray.  Oh wait...here is a better idea, let's give 2 guys who look totally different, have an actual aire of danger about them, and play total back woods hillbillys some more generic new metal-rap.  

The Wyatts new music/entrance is so bad ass.

I'm mildly horrified that this is actually an opinion.

Well considering that it was definitely wildly popular on Twitter last night leads me to think that you are in the minority in hating it

(Not saying I didn't see others but the majority were positive about it)

• Like 2

Wonder what has happened with Stephanie, she went from no selling everything to putting people over every week. Which she is really trying now and I appreciate that. 

I have thought Vickie had a face run in her since that Mania where she hit the frog splash. But they ended up burning out the act. 

Wade might be the most improved guy they've had in a while. He went from boring, tho compentent enough matches I guess, to being so damn good. Most of the stuff he does revolves around having a counter for everything and kicking the guy as hard as he can. Imagine if this was the guy we were getting in the Nexus? Holy hell..

Umm, what the hell was that move Steph trying to do before she pushed Vickie into the mud? Either way, we need Vince back on TV. :(

Someone told me Cody as Stardust was more like Jim Carrey than Cody Rhodes. I can't unsee it. But damn, is he creepy like the guy you don't go into an alley if it's just him in the alley.

The PPV looks to be good.

As soon as he smiled I got Jim Carrey as The Riddler in Batman Forever.

• Like 1

Goddamn, I can't get over how much I love the Stardust gimmick. This may be the best makeover of a wrestler in a long, long, long, long time. It's the best new gimmick of the year and I wonder why it took so long. Given Cody's love of video games, I'm thinking this has to be his idea and I have to applaud him for that. It's really fucking brilliant.

Cody has had an awesome 12 months from battling the authority, teaming with his brother, the sad non-swerve-y breakup that lacked a heel turn, and now this. It's one of my favorite character arcs in wrestling because you normally expect the heel turn to break things up and instead it really was Cody putting it all on himself. I said it in the Payback PPV thread, but there was a genuine feeling of sadness in the arena when Cody said that Goldust needed a better tag team partner. Then for him to do this...man...so awesome. The only change I would make is that I think Cody should use silver paint and a silver body suit, but I'm fine with him also using gold.