DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

I like it.  Start with low expectations.  There are only a few people who would be more disappointing than Lance Archer.  Whoever the second ever signing is will look like a big deal now!!

Is Caylen Croft available?

I got a news (or newz, who can tell anymore?) update on my Facebook feed that mentioned that, in addition to this GWF thing, Jeff still owns the most TNA stock (besides Panda).

The thought then began occurring to me: What if this GWF thing - in its entirety - is being done simply to activate a "Monday Night Warz" type of landscape with TNA? Since even the dingleberries of WWE are far beyond the range of either GWF or TNA, how better to generate that old "anything can happen" feeling that competition brings than, really, building your own competition away from Joe Public's general awareness? And who knows best how to compete with shit, than the ringleader of shit himself?

• Like 1

I got a news (or newz, who can tell anymore?) update on my Facebook feed that mentioned that, in addition to this GWF thing, Jeff still owns the most TNA stock (besides Panda).

The thought then began occurring to me: What if this GWF thing - in its entirety - is being done simply to activate a "Monday Night Warz" type of landscape with TNA? Since even the dingleberries of WWE are far beyond the range of either GWF or TNA, how better to generate that old "anything can happen" feeling that competition brings than, really, building your own competition away from Joe Public's general awareness? And who knows best how to compete with shit, than the ringleader of shit himself?

I hope to God this isn't anyone's plans in TNA/GFW. I really hope not. It's been reported that Vince Mcmahon during The Invasion angle wanted to bury WCW/ECW and not let them get much shine despite owning the companies and wrestlers. Paul Heyman and others have talked about it. Vince was still at war in his head and had to make sure WWE looked good despite the fact that in-real-life, WWE already won and everyone knew who was superior. Take that mentality and apply it on a smaller and more delusional scale and that is what this GFW/TNA things sounds like if true.

JJ would essentially try to run one promotion, that he has a ton of shares in, into the ground while heading another promotion (that he created after leaving the one he is trying to destroy) and using the capital that promotion makes to build/tear down both promotions at the same time in order to sell an angle? Again, I hope for everyone's sanity that this is nothing something even been remotely considered or teased in JJ's mind. FUCK!

Re: Tramp Stamp Stable

Wes Brisco has something weird going on back there and Icarus's lower back tat doesn't technically count as a tramp stamp, but there has to be at least more than two people in a group for it to become a stable.

When Jarrett made an announcement regarding 'Hollywood publications' I felt like this was either a complete work or he's a sadder out of touch red neck than I thought he was.

"We've got Hollywood publications looking for exclusivity rights" just sounds like him saying they're going to rename the Grand Ole Opry the Double J Music Hall.

GFW's new announcement is in. They're working with a production company, which is owned by the creator/producer of The Biggest Loser.

Also, the database now has over 500 names~!

EDIT - Now there's this article which actually sheds some light on the promotion's plans:

'Biggest Loser' Creator to Bring New Wrestling Venture to TV

Highlights:

"Broome and his 25/7 Productions banner is teaming with Jeff Jarrett's new wrestling venture Global Force Wrestling to executive produce new matches as well as unscripted programming"

"GFW will compete with WWE and TNA, with Jarrett and Broome currently shopping TV rights to matches -- which will air both live and live-to-tape -- as well as unscripted fare."

" GFW will cater to a worldwide audience and feature both well-known wrestlers as well as the best up-and-comers from all over the world."

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh"

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh"

So there will be interviews and talk of social media...instead of just match after match after match like WWE or TNA....yeah, um, do they actually watch wrestling TV shows?

Match after match after match.  Who wants that when watching a rasslin' show.  IT should go:

Match

30 Minute Jeff Jarrett Promo

Titties

Match

Midget Jerking Off In Trash Can

Titties

Match

Homophobic Humor Skit

Titties

Racial Charged Homophobic Comedy Skit Invilving Titties

Tittie

Match

Midget Jerking Off In Trash Can

Titties
  • Like 1

I think we know who would thrive in Global Wrestling Force: Chikara's Xtreme Colony! Missle Assault Ant! Artic Rescue Ant! Orbit Adventure Ant (w/ real light-up astronaut helmet)!

• Like 1